Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
I'm a little annoyed at Hardwick in this episode. I know Phirman is his bff, and I usually like Phirman a lot, but I think Hardwick was a little, ahem, liberal with his point-awarding to Mike. Also it's a loving travesty that Paul is the one who lost.:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

swickles posted:

I think I can count on one hand th number of times someone hasn't been awarded points for an answer though...

Well, that we're seeing. I'm guessing there are a lot that get edited out. But I take your point.

Still, I don't think that was Phirman's best showing. Meh.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

swickles posted:

I don't know, the "over My Hammy" joke was really loving funny.

That was good, and he had a couple other good lines. I dunno, I guess most of it was too pun-based. Also, I really wanted either Paul or Storm to win. :(

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Acquilae posted:

hahahahha the day the fleshlight became a boy

I don't understand how China is on the rise with poo poo like that.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

amaranthine posted:

This dude is so high right now.

I'm underwhelmed by him so far.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

swickles posted:

Defense against the Dark Arts taught by Zimmerman was a pretty funny answer.

That was a good line. Anyone know if his standup is any good?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I feel bad that I laugh so rarely at Horatio Sanz on this show, because I used to love him on SNL. But I wince whenever he's on this show.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

Any episode with Ron Funches is a good time.

This show just reminded me how insufferable Jack Black is.

"Kung-Fu Panda" is an amazing movie, you Philistine.

e: I mean, that movie got me laid so many times, no joke.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 10, 2014

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

This photo tells me everything I need to know about this club. If it's classy enough for Alton Brown, it's classy enough for me.:colbert:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This is why you need to watch. Alton Brown is so loving uncomfortable and is only there because Tony gets him hammered. It's one of the best things either has ever done. Also that stripper they're with has been there for decades.

I seriously thought she was an achondroplastic dwarf. (also, people need to stop calling them "little people," because "dwarf" is a medically correct term and "little people" is a stupid term)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

This might be my favorite panel, tying with Patton-Posehn-Blaine. And I just saw PFT last weekend!!!

And shook Hodgman's hand while he was in drag!!!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I think everybody should be required to call Hodgman "Judge Hodgman."

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Von Sloneker posted:

Just do this for a whole hour. This segment.

Do it all next week!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Of course Paul F. Tompkins knows IG-88 by name!

I KNOW, right?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Wow, I didn't expect Proops to come in third! I'm both thrilled and saddened!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah, they should've let him read it in his Werner voice, anonymity be damned.

Pinwiz11 posted:

They posted an outtake earlier today from the Black and WTF game that's spectacular:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3miqAVyaUg

How the gently caress is this show not an hour long?!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

And hosted by Paul F Tompkins.

1, because Hardwick is a good host in this context, and 2, because PFT probably wouldn't have time for the Thrilling Adventure Hour and Superego!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I mean, I like him in general, but I do get why people don't like him in most things. But I think he's genuinely funny on this show.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

PassTheRemote posted:

The only thing I can see people disliking him for is overexposure, which is a valid reason for not liking someone. Is there another reason I am not seeing?

I think some people think he's fake in how enthusiastic he comes off. But that's genuinely how he is, from what I understand - he's just an easily excitable nerd.

rypakal posted:

Is this show scripted all my delusions destroyed.

What makes you think it is? PFT's blooper? Because I think that was extemporaneous, but he just kept loving up the line he had just come up with.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea Chris' lines are written, and they probably tell the guests 'hey here's the rapid fire stuff we're doing' so there's not five minutes of people going 'uuuuh' for the more out of left field ones.

I mean, as much as I love the guests, I doubt they had a bunch of 'make a book Canadian' goofs on the top of their head.

No, and I'm sure there are plenty of 30-second stretches of silence while comedians try to come up with funny zingers, and those are just (mercifully) edited out. That doesn't bother me at all, though. As long as it's funny and the comics are for the most part coming up with their own answers.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nick Kroll is my hero. If I wasn't afraid of God's judgment, I would be a gentile Rodney Ruxin.

e: Poor Taco!:smith:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You should at least eat jelly and crackers like him.

I do say "Forever unclean" a lot.

e: YESSSSS, Nick Clown is supreme! Somebody find the clip of Ruxin winning the Shiva!

Majorian fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 16, 2014

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

That Finnish dude reminds me of Sander Cohen from "Bioshock." Just add the Dali mustache...

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

haveblue posted:

What was that "Batman's doctor" bit about?

Tom Lennon played Bruce Wayne's doctor in "The Dark Knight Rises."

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I like Patton Oswalt, has he been doing any stuff lately? or does he just spend most of his time relaxing in the shire these days?

He does a (monthly, I think?) show at Largo in Hollywood. I've been meaning to see it, since I go to the Thrilling Adventure Hour fairly regularly.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh my god, Chris' tribute to SkyMall song hahahahaha

Honestly, who were the fuckwits that he mentioned on Tuesday who complained about him singing? I know some folks think he sings too much, but gently caress it, he's got a good voice and it's usually funny enough to justify it.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

PassTheRemote posted:

I did not care for it, I thought it went way too long. If it was like half the time I would have no problem with it.

I do agree that it went on too long, but it didn't bother me too much. All in all, I think I'm a little bit perplexed at how many nerds just hate people singing in movies and on TV when I love it (if it's done well).

e: It reminds me of when the "Les Miserables" movie came out, and I heard people saying, "Ugh, I didn't like it - too much singing." I wanted to ask them, "What exactly did you think you were getting into, then? It's 'Les Miz.' There's a lot of singing. That's the point." It's the same thing with Chris Hardwick; he sings a lot in his comedy, and that's just part of his brand.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 1, 2015

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I know, although I'm disappointed that we haven't seen Bob Ducca make an in-character appearance.

Also, Nationwide boy couldn't grow up...because of Hot Tub Foot.

e: Annoyed that Seth Morris goes out first, but Jon Daly is tearing it UP tonight. Also Morris' exit was perfect.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 3, 2015

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

No, Chris, Madonna is not awesome or whatever you said. She is a lovely singer. She was once provocative and interesting, but she no longer is.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The guests are making this episode watchable. I'm not pleased with the material though.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah, I don't care if he seems too precocious or whatever, I like him. He funny.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

gently caress you, she's a good singer and she may not be "relevant" anymore but that's not worth caring about.

No, she's really not a good singer I'm afraid. She has a very limited vocal range and no real power to speak of.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I'm one of the few people who likes Matt Mira, although I like him BARELY more than I hate him, but I like him even more after this episode. That was some good trollin'.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Degrassi "Sore-ry about your ooterus!" line is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Dear Canada: your whole country is ridiculous.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I will never forgive Hardwick for booting PFT. That is never acceptable.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Topics for @Elevenish include: "Other dead things David Cameron has stuck his willy into."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Oh god, I want @Midnight: 90s Edition to stay their set forever.

Yeah, the return of skinny Peter Hardwick was a surprisingly welcome one.

Ken Jeong's masturbating robot character tonight was pretty drat funny.

• Locked thread