Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

i love me some warcraft 3! hell yeah!

a few things about the current state of war3 (maybe later i'll make a more concise post):
1) everybody maphacks at this point. nobody on blizzard's end gives a poo poo about the game and there probably haven't been any bans since at least 2011. drophacks also are common but you'll only get that maybe once every 10-15 games.
2) it's nearly impossible to find a game of 3v3 or 4v4 AT unless you search on northrend during the morning or early afternoon east coast time. 2v2 you can find on northrend or azeroth very easily, but it's a really boring gametype. RT and solo you can probably find anywhere, FFA is a dead game type (nothing new here).
3) war3 custom games are still way better than sc2, although sc2 has tron bikes and soccer is pretty tight. it's just really really hard to get a game going because if you host something, you're going up against bots and all that poo poo. i've had success playing sheeps vs creeps lately but no luck with enfos as of yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

hey dogs, it's me, timg. if you like our new influx of games readily available on our site (YouTube -- Highperch also don't forget to check in for our streams by clicking the TV icon on the 'per.ch!) then please support us in our effort to get W3Arena to host a 3v3/4v4 ladder.

http://tft.w3arena.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1514

this is a thread where an admin stated they don't necessarily have the resources at the moment to justify implementing these ladders, but if the support is there then perhaps they'd do it.

take a couple of minutes to create an account and post in this thread! it doesn't have to be a big thing (though that would be nice), just a few simple words could help out a lot.

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

christ this thread sucks

how many times can we post "anybody remember this lovely custom game i played a few times back in 2006"

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

Primetime posted:

It's a 14 year old game where a lot of nostalgia is tied to dumb broken custom maps. I don't know what you want - were not getting patch notes anytime soon.

1v1?

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

it's a shame people in this thread want to attack the only people who actually CONTRIBUTE(!!!) to it! smdh!

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Did you highperch folks get burnt out again? I was really enjoying the replays that were being posted.

half burnt out, half hard to find games (which i guess adds to being burnt out). we played one yesterday. it wasn't very interesting, though maybe bear_and or blinn could post the replay

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

Chopstix posted:

Any luck withthe Asian servers? I would expect a sizeablr Chinese/Korean population would still play.

Rememeber when we used to make fun of dota players? Now I play it and long for the warcraft days

3v3/4v4 was never big on kalimdor, they all play 1v1/2v2 on netease or w3arena or whatever

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

hey 4 new posts, i bet it's something interesting

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

wiggity wow !

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

schmitty9800 posted:

uploading WC3 replay in 2018

https://www.wcreplays.com/replay.php?m=View&rid=107866

Here's me vs. a 93rd rank Orc spammer and BMer (this is from b.net so it's 1.28)

you trying to betray the https://highper.ch boys???

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

dang near pooped my pants when they started talking about highperch

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

What did they say about them?

i don't know who's who but he was asking the other host if he remembered the map highperch. then he went on to butcher the actual strategy and said you can only get up there with archmage mass tp [citation needed]

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

y'all talking about warcraft4 like wow didn't kill this IP

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

to get back together would mean we would have to have fallen apart

we still here, click my website:
https://buggy.email/

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

bnet 2.0 is awful, what are you on about

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

love bnet 2.0 style chat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

that's not at all why people are complaining about female models

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

that game was absolutely settled the moment they stopped attacking my expansion on bottom, probably before that point as well

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

gotta say, i went from being a huge fan of orc orb to thinking it's actually bad for our strat. picking off single units is cool and good but the real poo poo that wins you games is hero snipes. having a full duration hex (and entangle, but that's a much more specific scenario for the very rare event that the enemy is also abusing staff of save unit) is very crucial to killing the death knight and forcing the undead to rage quit. purge orb is just bad news for that imo

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

Mokhu posted:

Where do you guys go for build guides?

what is that

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

completely depends on the situation. bloodmage for perches, archmage for being all over the map constantly, tc/mk for having to fight their heroes

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is probably a weird question but back when DotA was still the big game but not the only game in custom lobby, wasn't there a DotA variant? I think it was on an snowy map or something. I don't remember much about it (whatever it was) and my quick search for dota on a map site returned over 1000 versions, presumably balance tweak variations.

i forget the name of it (dota 2? probably not) but there was one where one team had their base in the middle of the map in like a snow/ice island and the other team was around the outside

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

i was really holding out hope for a long time but it's clear that reforged is a big stinky doo doo at this point and i'm pretty sure blizzard will soon or has already abandoned doing anything with this other than a 1 time cash grab (that they hosed up real bad)

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

i hate to break it to you tugboat but your posts kinda suck dude

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

at least they don't have to deal with going to work in an empty office now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

the intended use is for bifocal reverse gilderbasing