Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Holy crap, how did I only just find this? As a RL Wrexham Season Ticket holder, this whole LP makes me very, very erect.

Also we should make Tackleford our feeder club, just to rub it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

A Tartan Tory posted:

So many sheep, so little time. :scotland:

Pretty much this.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Wow, I appreciate the research you put into this. Sadly ~*my immersion*~ was killed when you mentioned Ironworks. Only tossers and twats go there, Brown would never be caught dead in a place like that :v:

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

habeasdorkus posted:

I was wondering if I had picked any crap bars. What should I replace it with?

Plenty of home supporters end up starting at the Wrexham Lager Social Club... cheap, local beer helps. Can't beat a quick pint at the Railway. Also, can't forget the Old Vaults if you like mingling with the local wanna be hardasses. TRAVELLER'S TIP: If your team happens to be playing Away against Wrexham, DO NOT go to the Old Vaults. If you are from Chester, DO NOT go to the Old Vaults. For the love of God, do not go there if you're from Chester, and it's a Derby day. Seriously. You will get glassed. It is the type of place that'd worship Brown like a prince, however.

I imagine in this universe, you can replace "Chester" with "Tackleford."

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 21, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

habeasdorkus posted:

We've still got a rivalry with Chester, I try to remember to schedule friendlies with them to keep the Cross Border Derby alive.

Updated the interlude with your suggestions, I appreciate the local knowledge :)

Just promise me you'll beat Man United. That's all I ask. (Personal reasons, from when I was a schoolboy in the 90s)

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

A Tartan Tory posted:

Let's face it, everyone hates Manchester United, even Manchester United fans this season.

Personally, I want you to poo poo all over Liverpool and Arsenal.

Hell, just murder your way through the Premier League, taking one scalp at a time :getin:

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

10 goals, 8assists. Gonna be a bit more realistic.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Fun Fact About Wales: There are NO decent roads connecting North-South Wales, a combination of difficult terrain in mid Wales and Governments not giving a gently caress. To get from Wrexham to Cardiff you have three options.

1) Drive through Mid Wales. This involves traversing narrow roads that go on cliff edges, wind through forests and go up mountains, and following confusing road signs that haven't been updated in decades. If you break down in the Brecon Beacons (Like what happened to me once), you're kind of hosed, as no one gets phone signal there and signs of civilisation are sparsely scattered.

2) Drive west then go along the coast, all the way across North Wales, then follow the coast all the way down via West Wales to the south, the head all the way east. Takes loving ages, but you get good roads all the way and you get to pass some beautiful scenery at least.

3) Swallow your pride and go via England. Enjoy their fancy motorways and civilisation and regular petrol stations, and universal phone signal and Wi Fi. Realise the trip takes no time at all...until you go back into Wales for the home stretch, and the traffic inevitably bogs down to a crawl again. Generally a much faster and more enjoyable trip, but no real Welshman would ever do this.

Also I vote Cwpan Llywelyn.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

C. ALL THE MONEY

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Yeah, let's start throwing money at our illustrious manager. Maybe build him his OWN dragon statue for his garden!

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

2, with an offer for a major extension once the 3 years are up.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

poo poo-Hot Shirra.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Yeah, we've gotta find a way to get Tackleford up into the Premier League. It's not fun only whupping them once a season in friendlies.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Sky Shadowing posted:

I'll admit, when AJ_Impy brought forward the idea to destroy a megabastard I was interested just to see if it can be done. I don't share his passionate hatred of Arsenal so I of course wanted to hit the biggest guy in the place, and that's Manchester United (plus it'd bit a slap of real-life karma... with a significant amount extra). But the point of 'it's not fun if we're not beating Man U' has a point, so Arsenal is good, just megabastard enough to see if it works but not megabastard enough to seriously upset the apple cart.

Ages ago, in the Ray Parlour there was a club named AFC Parmo where goons would take control of a club for roughly 6 months (start of preseason to January 1st, January 1st to end-of-season). The first year they succeeded spectacularly, with a story practically made for movies where one of the first players who scored a goal in the Conference South scored a goal in the Champions League final.

Now, the reason I'm giving the money to Tackleford is that in the next version of Football Manager they created a team called MK Parmigiana, who was the megabastard of megabastards and represented that Americans had come over, taken the team over, moved it, changed its color, history, etc., and tossed off the debris of AFC Parmo to the dregs where they took it back over in Conference North, and brought it back to the top yet again. That was a lot of fun to read, that there was always a rival who was there and worthy and you could shout at.

So let's get our favorite punching bag up to par and beat the living snot out of them every few years!

Yeah, I agree with this. We need to revive our rivalry...and that means making Tackleford into a megabastard of epic proportions. We need to make Tackleford into the Ivan Drago of English football.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

The thing about stadium size is Wrexham is a small town of only roughly 42,000 people. Some of the larger stadiums in the league have a higher capacity than Wrexham's entire population. Even if you consider the surrounding villages and towns, there's only so much fans you can have.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

CABA

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

That was....what just happened? :stare: Sky Shadowing's prize sent us too close to the sun! We were punished for his hubris!

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

If you guys destroy the Racecourse I will find a way to demolish you.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Maybe a vote on how much money Southampton will end up with at the end of the year.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Yeah, there are a *lot* of different bookies catering to the whole of the UK, so there's a lot of competitions and crazy offers. Expect things like "money back if certain player scores" or "double your winnings if certain player gets sent off". I've seen people put genuine bets on the number of offsides in a game.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Don't sell him. He's basically our Bale, and look how well Spurs are doing after selling him and buy replacements.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

C. Mo money mo problems

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Yeah this is something I am personally very excited for :) It's kinda funny that OTL Wrexham will soon have a better stadium than "Premier League Megabux" Wexham.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Liverpool are 14th? What happened to them?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

AJ_Impy posted:

I can see how getting four-time World Cup winners (and one-time hosts) Italy to the World Cup could be difficult.

Mario Baloteli.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Bailey! Goodnight, sweet prince :(

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Still waiting for Tackleford's manager to somehow snatch the USA coaching spot from you.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Group A: Barcelona, Napoli, Basel 3rd
Group B: Wrexham, Marseille, Valencia 3rd
Group C: Bayern, Milan, Rijeka 3rd
Group D: Arsenal, Benfica, Rubin 3rd
Group E: Real, PSV, Slask 3rd
Group F: Pooshite'd, Dortmund, Anderlecht 3rd
Group G: Juventus, Leon, Rangers 3rd
Group H: Man City, PSG, Granada 3rd

Tie Breaker: 110 goals

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Trying to go all "Invincibles" in football is less likely the more competitions you're in. I can see it possible in FM if you're just in the PL and cups, but adding Champions League as well? Jesus

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

(Wrexham resident and fan4lifehere, you may vaguely remember me posting some local pub info ages ago)

This was a treat to come back to after my hard drive melted. Champions! Although you lost the Bastard, so there go all our international shirt sales. And goals.

(Basically let's not become Spurs 2: Welsh Bugaloo)

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

habeasdorkus posted:

Also, I saw this yesterday in a bar while I was showing my brother and his wife around the city (sorry for bad picture quality):

Also also, Obliterati, you have a boon to be granted from last season's World Cup prediction contest. Let me know what you want.

Wrexham lager was amazing back in the day. Cheap as water, crisp and smooth! The brewery shut down...about twenty odd years ago I think?

They revived in a couple of years ago, and just like every nostalgic throwback it's ruined. Tastes generic, not even brewed in Wrexham anymore, and often charged the same price as "premium" beers. My childhood, ruined!

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

26 Bastard, 28[/b] Thiago, +Thiago

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Lynneth posted:

How much is an entirely new stadium again? And where would we build it, and how long would it take?

Demolish the Racecourse and I will burn this thread to the ground.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Dreamsicle, let's go Full Megabastard.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Oh god

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Boo! Bring back AJ_Impy! Wrexham is going to hell without his cool, organised leadership!

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Holy hell, that Napoli match. Jesus. I like to think that was all due to Dreamsicle threatening to dock the coach's precious wages.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

AJ_Impy posted:

Welwyn Garden City? Not quite, but that's not too far off the mark.

Anyway. Scott, Dreamsicle, got a proposition for you. Phase One of Operation: Woolwichdämmerung is complete with my purchase of Reading, who conveniently are located in the Premier League. You're on the lookout for a feeder club you can loan out some stars to, so they can take some points off your rivals but not you.

Let's help each other out, here.

Let me sweeten the deal:

1: £175M
2: C

I like the way this fine man thinks! Let's see if he can do for Reading what he did for Wrexham!

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

We should keep the LP going until every Premier League club is run by a former Wrexham board member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

KKKLIP ART posted:

Tackleford as a feeder would be delicious.

Nah we want someone high profile remember? :v:

• Locked thread