Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dias posted:

How they're not emotionally invested in a railroady subpar zombie drama, I suppose.

Also, c'mon, Kenny. The stupid risky-as-hell zombie plan was YOUR idea.

Nah, it's just not that funny anymore. I don't care if they hate Kenny or do things to spite him, most of the commentary is just "haha pick this because I loving hate Kenny."

It's just not terribly interesting, though part of it's to blame on Season 2 as a whole being eh overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man I can't stomach this game for reasons

Knowing that the thumbnails gonna be randomly showing up on my youtube feed is gonna kill me :argh:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This podcast taught me that melee purist are real. "Everything looks amazing but also it's not melee."

One game out of four should be a good hint that they probably aren't going to just make melee 2 but still :psyduck:.

That being said, Kraven Manor was awesome, I think the ending to it was kind of weak after how spooky the start of it was but it doesn't really matter too much. I'm impressed.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'd rank it about 64 honestly. It's not something I'm willing to fight about because I'm a casual babby who enjoys anything as long as it's fun but I feel like people don't give smash 4 *any* credit which is a shame. Sure you're not slipping and sliding everywhere like Melee but it's still a huge step up and mechanically deeper (From my level of play, anyway). Some of the stuff Liam says is just a outright lie, like how there's no combos unless you throw (there are numerous actually) how "Sakurai said the 3DS is singleplayer focused!" (I keep asking for a source, no one ever ever provides one) and just argh.

It's a good game and it was just obnoxious hearing "Wow everything is super great to bad it's not melee" for the 3rd time in a row.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What if Woolie and Liam were ghosts all along and this Ghost Hunter video was the solo video Matt mentioned, hows that for spooky.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TriffTshngo posted:

They could just have Pat play while two of the others talk and make fun of him for being bad.

Hell even if that wouldn't make for a good full LP I'd be interested to see it as a one-off at least. Any excuse for more Clover/Platinum love, really.

I always found it strange that the guys hype up platinum games go absolutely crazy about them only to never really do anything with any of the games. Back when W101 came out I was praying they'd do a playthrough like MGR (ironically) because not only would they get super hyped during it but it would raise a poo poo ton of awareness for how great the game is.

Part of me was hoping for Bayo 2 to get the treatment but nope. Oh well, win some lose some I guess.

Watching this Neverending Nightmare video and all I could do is laugh during the first half because of the kinda crummy art for the persons head but man as this video goes on it gets more and more unsettling and the art starts making more sense. Not a game I'd play but man is it interesting.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Beef Waifu posted:

No one is going to run out and buy a Wii U because they saw Matt and Pat play Bayo 2 or W101... unless they're those same lunatics who bought them those Gurren-Lagann Boxsets.

LP subforum (and this thread apparently) has taught me that enough footage can move systems. Seriously there's a Mario 3D World LP that pushed like 15 people over the fence to get the system and even more to get the game.

Knowing the how big TBF is on youtube it probably would of helped move a few systems and the like.

Edit: For the record I'm not saying this would help them "save Platinum" or whatever, just that I think it would of helped bring attention to the games. If I youtube'd Wonderful 101 I get some guy who is CLEARLY doing it for the youtube money going "Hey subscribe subscribe please like favorite please please" while getting killed by generic mooks. Not a good impression to give people really (thankfully Chip's LP is here but lil late on that front)

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 30, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I thought they said they wouldn't bother with P.T. due to knowing everything about it. Huh.

For the finale I was expecting them to just reupload the walking dead season 2 playthrough, the ultimate in terror.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Gotta say now that the shitstorm is over it's SUPER WEIRD to just have a single video go up today.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man Pat, I wasn't expecting high level play and "Oh I'll uh... I'll play 3rd climax on my own time." After seeing how he played on 2nd I'm not sure if that's such a good idea jeez.

Also "LUKA hosed A DOG!!!"

Don't even know the DEEP COMPLEX LORE that he's just talking about his pets at home <:mad:>

Seriously though I liked the video, even though you guys talking over each other kinda made it a babble at times. What on earth are people getting so bent out of shape about? Or is it just /v/ finding the video?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bayonetta as a series is way more satisfying then DMC for me. I won't say I dislike DMC but Bayo felt like a natural progression of the series and is better in just about every way. Soon as she gets styles I won't ever have a reason to go back to those games.

Also the final Jeanne fight owns and the only lovely thing is the missile minigame at the start of it.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 6, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Question for Matt, if a game shows up on Fisticuffs does that discount it from future Fisticuffs when newer versions come out?

Like you all seem to enjoy Persona Arena... except ironically for you. Same with Smash, with U coming out friends and I were wondering if you dudes were doing something with it and would kinda be a shame if this removed it from the "pool".

Edit: I'm fully aware I'll look like a idiot if I start the video tomorrow and it's the first thing the team mentions.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Alright, I'm probably alone in this but Hyper Light Drifter is visually fantastic. I love the art style and the animations are great but it looks super, super boring. I'm 20 minutes into the video and I ended up closing it because the lack of music, lack of anything really is just ehh.

Can't discourage anyone who likes it and maybe it's more fun if you're the one playing it but watching it is just kinda dull.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"Now he looks like York!" That's probably because he is York. Kinda.

Also I heard you can find some red seeds in D4, anyone know if we've passed that point?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Agreed. Also Kirby's out for blood after all the "THIS IS OUR SONG NOW" comments jeeze.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sonic Adventure 2 was alright but I think it's when they went overboard with characters just so they could have a dark side or whatever. Know what they say too many cooks and all that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TriffTshngo posted:

Why bother? It's aimed at kids. Kids aren't going to read a review, they're going to see the new Sonic cartoon and the commercial for the new game with the same name and tell their mom they want it for Christmas. Simple as that.

The games apparently a barely working cluster of coding. It's not as unpolished visually as 06 but it's just as buggy.

(click!)

Apparently some speedrunner started the game up and it's turned into him just laughing and trying to find as many bugs as he can.

Fresh from the thread over in games. Look at this garbage

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 12, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Watched the Sunset Overdrive video and man I have no idea what to feel other then "kind of lovely zombie land"

I love the art style and the colors really popped. Agreeing with the words popping up like they showed being a cool stylistic thing if done right but every bit of gameplay just looked super slow and dull. Bouncing off cars and stuff like super Mario didn't animate well and just kinda eech. Also it felt like a bunch of low hanging fruit jokes one after another that by the time the character went "boy this sure is a video game huh guys?" with a playful wink I just groaned.

Maybe it's better in person but it felt like all style and no substance

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 15, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I see fisticuffs is up with Melee answering my question before.

Same time I'm clutching my head and preparing for Liam in this thing.

Edit: One thing I never understood about the Melee intro is what the gently caress is DK doing throwing a spirit bomb near the end of it? What's that even supposed to be from?

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 15, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh dear, I'm hoping it's nothing too bad :(

Actually something small I've been wondering about is how come the sw1tcher's youtube icon is just the two guys anyway? I figured it would of updated to something with all 4 guys in it seeing as it's expanded so much.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That wasn't a very fun game Matt.

Kinda agreeing that it sounded like he was trying to joke about it and lighten things but MAN talk about whiffing it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheRealestMatt posted:

Just something we haven't gotten around to yet. I think it should be updated, but facebook icons are small, but also have to be immediately recognizable, so I don't think we can jam 4 of us on there.

Any suggestions?

Good point, would suggest pixel art (I have a friend who does some good rear end stuff) but not sure how viable that is, I'm a big dumb idiot who thinks sprites and stuff would suit a video game channel.

(You weren't the only one to call George a Blanka monster as a aside)

Edit: Zach would also own.

Edit 2: Does the group even have a logo? (Actually dumb question as there is one on the site)

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 18, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Matt, have you heard the news that Frieza ISN'T defeated?

Are you loving with me.

If you're not I hope it's handled just like those budokai games on the ps2. I remember one of them having this weird boardgame thing and they kept running out of villains so they just revived Frieza like 20 times and each time was accompanied by "I'll do better this time for sure!"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Talked with a friend about the icon thing and he wanted to do something just for funsies (just seein if there is a way to get the 4 in a small block)

Just what he's doin now :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tae posted:

Matt, please put the Cube Ninja homebrew storyline in the news docket next week.

Especially Amazon's out of stock message that boils down to "why is this game sold out we don't understand"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A Meat posted:

Hey Matt, how niche are you guys willing to consider for fighting games for Fisticuffs(or just for normal videos)?

Would you do weird doujin games like the Touhou fighting games?(Immaterial and Missing Power is a legit fascinating fightgame) Bizarre rip-offs like Tattoo Assassins? Regular crazy bullshit like Power Instinct? Or just plain licensed games like the One Piece of Kinnikuman fighting games for things you might not familiar with?

I think it was said before that it has to pass a woolie test on if it's worth the time or something like that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I figured it would be best to show you now before Pat and the others show up. It's important to get the leader done first after all.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Heads up but Swery said that the D4 soundtrack will be up tomorrow at some point.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Watching the Korra finale and I have to say I find something hilarious about this giant monster using tiny monsters as a attack. "Yeah you understand it's a budget thing when you see one guy using other guys for a attack."

Here I thought they liked the Wonderful 101 :v:. Also man Woolie sounds drained.

Edit: Yeouch, at about the halfway mark the commentary gets really far ahead of the game audio, like by a full 10 seconds.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 20, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Compendium posted:

The Evil Within (the PC version).

Why yes! They are playing The Evil Within!

Though surprisingly it is no longer the PC version :v:. Speaking of which I wouldn't mind more Pat stares at videos, it's kinda cool seeing how methodical he could be when he's not just yukkin' it up all the time.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheRealestMatt posted:

Likewise, you can see I can play ALOT better at just about anything, when I don't have a constant stream of:

rotate your saves, don't check that, check that, there's no time to read that, why don't you read that idiot? Don't screw up, are you lost already? go to your left, go your right, no, go to my right,

While Pat is my friend, I'm never in a super hurry to be the one playing with him constantly back seat driving. I don't know how Woolie hasn't murdered him yet.

Dumbest question incoming but has there been a you-only video? The only solo ones I can recall are the Mercenary Kings video and this recent part though uh, I obviously don't have the entire channel memorized.

Edit: Oh wait there was that recent video during the shitstorm but I'm not sure if that counts :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Now I feel dumb because yeah I saw a few of those, just didn't come to mind right away :cripes: sorry

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ruggington posted:

It's the most intimate and depressing video on the channel to date

That video will always live with me

This is probably the reason. No game audio and just Pat mumbling to himself about literally nothing while tripping all over the place combined with the worlds shittiest thumbnail is what makes it memorable I think.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh man this Brawl video. I'm sorry Matt but for a short time Pat became the boss because of his appreciation of how great the Good King is.

Dedede is the best.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh and for the record Dedede ain't a villain. Only time he was is when he pigged out and ate everything and Kirby got pissed and got the food back. Everything that penguin does is him trying to play the part of hero in a extremely stupid way :v: 95% of the time he's either just being a jerk, or possessed by the ancient evil of the week.

Same with Meta Knight who just wants everyone to stop being so lazy and he just wants dreamland to be active. He's settled on matches with Kirby as "good enough" though it seems.

Said this cause y'know. It's super important. I'm sure this information will be useful one day.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheRealestMatt posted:

No, you can thank me as well for that. Because I told woolie if he did not get footage of the suicide forest, that he should not come back from Japan at all.

Where would the channel be without you.

Edit: Part of me is hoping that next week is Playstation All Stars just to see what happens in youtube comments.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Al-Saqr posted:

guys, if you haven't bought smash bros WiiU yet, please do. it's literally the best thing ever, ESPECIALLY 8 player smash.
This is not a empty quote

I can't wait for Liam on monday to complain about it not being melee though :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm fine with Pocket Fighter personally, it's just some of the animations are super jank and wondering if it's a good idea to borrow that style as closely as they are.

Animation wise the dude with the horns had a attack where he leaps upwards and horns grow out to hit and he just kinda floats off the ground while they appears and it looks super messy. Then the other character had one where she punched the ground and a explosion came up but the explosion has way more detail then she does and it's kinda jarring.

Benefit of the doubt due to it being a Alpha but would like to see some of that stuff changed before I support it 100%. Eager to see that mystery fighter at the least. I know I lost it when I ran into him in Shovel Knight back on release :v:

Edit: Also they aren't even trying to hide stuff with Subject 11 on the kickstarter page. Jeez.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 23, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hopefully never.

Far Cry however looked real good and I'm now considering tracking it down despite hating most FPS games.

Edit: Also man the Fall looks fantastic. Only problem I have with it is the way the suit holds a weapon/light really bugs me. There are some seriously cool animations but the suits arms just spinning around is so distracting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Seriously, I ended up skipping through the second half of the second video because man nothing got accomplished at all.