Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Three easy steps to a newer, better Best Friends:

1: Cut the podcast time in like, half, maybe a third.
2: Hire a dedicated editor.
3: Regularly scheduled streams.

I think that honestly frees up a RIDICULOUS amount of time, and would be way easier on basically everyone's sanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

See, yeah, I'm the opposite. I can do streams easy-peasy because I have two monitors and I'm at my computer for most of the day when I'm not at work, but I basically have no time for podcasts that last beyond like, an hour and a half, and the Best Friend Cast pushes four sometimes. I love the dumb tangents, but I think they try to cover way too much drat stuff and it turns into a day-long gauntlet.

Shorten or cut The Week, I feel like, since that's where most of the derailing tends to happen and they sometimes only get through like, half of it before they cut for sponsor break. That alone would probably save like an hour depending on the time cut.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Andrast posted:

You do know that it's possible to listen to podcasts on a computer right?

I have dumb brain problems and focusing on podcasts while at the computer is impossible for me. :shrug:

Also I'd much rather they shorten the podcasts up than have Matt have to sit out of the podcasts. I think the friendcast is the longest podcast I listen to and its not like "arbitrarily cutting for time" is gonna be a thing, they just have to be more concise about some things, which they already do when one of them realizes theyve gone on too long.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Electric Lady posted:

2017 isn't going to magically change anything. It's going to be worse. Things aren't magically bad because of the year. It's loving existence.

As someone who has written notes to groups like Liam wrote today, "mental health concerns" tends to mean "you fuckers took ten years off my life and now I need to recuperate." I do not know about specifics, and I don't doubt in the least that his strained relations have caused legitimate mental health concerns, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is using that rhetoric out of politeness, to not bring up huge personal issues between him and the rest of the group.

I feel like "Liam SECRETLY HATES EVERYONE ELSE ON THE CHANNEL" is probably uh, a bit undermining the fact that he did actually admit he's just really bad about dealing with his own anxiety. He even says he's really not happy with the idea that he has to quit the channel. Liam's a good dude, even if he and the others don't always agree I don't necessarily think he's, y'know, harboring any sort of grudge.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/812355376863707136

Matt's a good dude.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

J.A.B.C. posted:

So, remember way back during the beginning of the Command Mission Lp, someone in here said to watch the reaction when they realize that Colonel Redips and Spider are really, really close...

This is the episode. And it is amazing.

For those not watching: They have by pure random chance managed to figure out the Redips = Spider connection like, literally an hour of gameplay before the reveal actually happens. They howl about it for about five minutes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Futaba Anzu posted:

could you post the part where htey first get a clue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ2Jelk2ACg&t=1033s

17:13 if the link doesn't jump you there, money shot's at 17:33.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Liam's last LP as part of the Best Friends is over. Press F to pay respects.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

no but you don't get it she's a LADY and not just that but a TRANS LADY on this, MY INTERNET, specifically built so that I may derive enjoyment from these fun talky men and their EXTREMELY MALE-CENTRIC VIDEOGAMES she wouldn't know what she's talking about

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

It's in a really fucky spot that doesn't look like a bonfire spot at all, and at this point you've been kind of trained by how bonfire spots are set up. It's a huge gently caress you if you're just scanning and trying to determine things by level design.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Deleter posted:

Reminder that Pat got upset when he accidentally used a single upgraded bullet earlier in the LP.

Patrick Boivin: Man, this game gives you so many bullets!
Also Patrick Boivin: /will make a fool of himself before firing a single bullet

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Andrast posted:

Why wouldn't you want Woolie to do the Painted World now?

The Archer Run, Lautrec Rematch, Biggie Smalls

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

nerdman42 posted:

You know, I feel like RE7 doesn't want the audience to feel bad for Eveline, but I super do? She's just a kid who's been hosed over by evil scientists and is too immature and damaged to properly deal with the powers she's been given. I'm not saying she shouldn't be the final boss, because she should, but it'd be great if they toned down her evil laughter and have her act like an actual, albeit hosed up, kid with depth.

To be fair, she probably learned the 'evil laughing as coping' bit from the scientists in the first place.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Rodyle posted:

Never forget Paige immediately following up Liam by texting "you're my fuccboivin"

I'm so glad Pat found Himself, But A Girl And Also Taller to love because they are meant for each other.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah I'm not gonna lie I soured on the WoolieWatcher gimmick real fast, he's not even really being an entertaining nuisance, he's just kinda like. Bordering on that level of creepily boring and third-wheeling that fans will do when they have no real restraint or ability to realize they're being chodes.

I'm honestly with Pat in that this goes a level beyond Stream-sniping that they shouldn't be actively encouraging.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah, basically.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

it's a nice fight but arguing about whether or not it's worth doing or whether Woolie should have done it for two whole pages is dumber than any reason people would come up with for or against attacking Priscilla.

Just enjoy the LP you goddamn nincompoops.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Rodyle posted:

"WHAT A THING TO SAY WHEN YOU GIVE SOMEONE A GIFT"

Policenauts may be bad but the lp is good aside from the Woolie's Thoughts On Autism segment

Oh god, I didn't start Policenauts until today and haven't even gotten like 10 minutes in. Where is this and how bad does he get?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Oh yeah, I'm still going to probably watch it, but I would prefer not to have to deal with Woolie's Hot Takes On Autism if I can reasonably skip it. Though I'm morbidly curious as to how bad he gets with it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Burkion posted:

He doesn't deny it, if that's what you're worried about

He does say that it's basically super powers because Woolie

Oh thank gently caress. Okay that's Stupid but like, that's the exact kind of Woolie stupid I can deal with.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Grouchio posted:

Pat I feel would totally blind Makoto if it meant he could bang Sae instead.

Wrong Makoto, but the sentiment stands nonetheless, I feel.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Eva had an extremely large role in Mecha turning dark and gritty and Gurren Lagann is definitely Gainax's response to poo poo like GaoGaiGar and Getter Robo installments made in the interim. Saying it saved mecha may be a stretch but saying it kind of was the capstone , trying to recapture the spirit of old Super Robot for a while isnt really that big a deal with the rep it has.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Captain Invictus posted:

wait are you dissing gaogaigar

like the initial monster of the week stuff before the main story kicked into gear was not exactly amazing but overall it was a great super robot show.

To address this before we move on from Mecha Discourse, I love GaoGaiGar/FINAL very much and what it does it does super well, but boy oh boy it did not age very well. I love it to pieces but as other people have brought up trying to get through the first fourth where it's still aggressively a monster of the week show and the sheer amount of reused footage hurts it a lot. When I said TTGL was Gainax's answer to GaoGaiGar it was merely saying that TTGL owes a lot of escalation heritage and overall structure to both GaoGaiGar and Getter. (Nakashima even admitted in one interview TTGL's a sort of adaptation of a lot of the motifs and themes from Getter Robo)

e: Also the fact that there hasn't been a really good standout super robot show since 2008-2010 probably doesn't help the colorations of Gurren Lagann.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 14, 2017

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

RareAcumen posted:

What is this bullshit

Another 'easter egg' they shameless yanked from MVC3?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GAF shutting down would suck because the only way we get advanced information on gaming stuff 90% of the time is through GAF leak threads.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tae posted:

I think like maybe a quarter of the complaints they have in this Marvel LP actually happened

They need a ban on comic book anything

What, you don't mean to tell me that between Woolie's unabashed recommendation of Millar's works, Matt's unironic love of the Punisher, and Pat's nervous tic where he has to shittalk Superman if he hears anyone enjoying Superman within a five mile radius of him that the Best Friends have bad comics opinions?

Color me shocked.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

We've finally reached 「CRAZY TALK ACT 2」

Crazy Talk Act 1 was just being completely convinced that you were saying something right when you were wrong (and forcing people who correct you to also be wrong)

Crazy Talk Act 2 now forces you to be wrong, even when you're right.

Crazy Talk Act 3 will make every statement Pat has ever made wrong retroactively.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I was promised THUG2 and I will get THUG2, and vocally complain about them being terrible at it :colbert:

THUG 2 is in many ways even stupider than THUG 1, so I really hope this is the case.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Since I missed the boat on the TEW 2 LP, I'm watching the original LP. I feel like people may have hyped up how much the Best Friends disliked the game. They seem to be enjoying the early parts enough.

It's kinda incomprehensible but they don't seem to hate it. I assume that might change later?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Nilbop posted:

Do Americans just see a map of somewhere else and then sit there angrily honking and slapping themselves in the face or something?

Geography isn't a topic American Education covers much and because of lack of funding half of the maps teachers/schools use were last updated sometime between the Cuban Missile Crisis and the actual end of the Cold War, so.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mandrel posted:

I cant believe they keep doing Telltale playthroughs when neither they nor seemingly the audience has enjoyed a Telltale game since like TWAU

I actually loved TWD S3 for how it won Matt and Pat over for like all of one or two episodes and then spiralled right down the shitter as TWD games do.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

RareAcumen posted:

I don't follow comics.

That's okay, neither do the Best Friends. :v:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Paige is streaming! Beyond 2 Souls.

Oh lord, has Paige ever played it?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Brutakas posted:

I remember watching an anime of this. It was recommended to me as a murder-mystery-gambling thing but I spent the entire time completely confused.

Never trust Studio DEEN.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Is there archives for the Paige Plays B:TS streams?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I have a strong distaste for Plague and his numerous opinions, many of which are terrible even by my own low standards as to what qualifies for a good opinion.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dias posted:

Just say you hate Melee outright, that's fine.

I mean if he won't I will: Melee sucks as a competitive fighting game and its FGC fanbase is completely and utterly intolerable, even by FGC's nebulous standards. I'm willing to see MVC:I die a swift death this year but I'd prefer if we can get melee off the roster sooner rather than later.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

ConanThe3rd posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/PoorVainSlothImGlitch

Huh, undertale has a japanese option in the pc version?

Undertale got a legitimate Japanese translation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Improbable Lobster posted:

I like how Pat says "This is some clown shoes poo poo" seconds before a clown grapples down from a helicopter

Crazy Talk giveth, Crazy Talk taketh away.