Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Rodyle posted:

What's this?

They're going to start selling a Kinectless SKU for $100 less next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

roach cum puddle posted:

All I want to do is figure out a way that I can send these fools money without having to buy their merchandise (because I am really not a fan of any item they sell in their store). Why are you guys so against this? Like, there's so much anger for discussing a premium plan. Why???? Why are you guys so against premium membership for content? edit: I want to pay for their content, not their merchandise. e2: I apologize that I use a method of communication which is easier on the eyes than block paragraphs.

That's hardly a 'block paragraph', stop typing like an rear end in a top hat. Are you high? At least when you were posting poo poo like this:

quote:

Hey Matt!

So, is Pat a tweaker? There's the obvious times of someone mentioning crack and they'll make a seemingly not-joking comment of "pat endorses that", but: he's a twitchy guy, has been scared really easily on the mailbag (happens with sleep deprivation), he's talked about how his immune system is lowered from not sleeping ever, his pupils are always huge, a bunch of other examples etc etc. Is the joke that he's prescribed adderall or something and you guys exaggerate that "pat loves crack/pat endorses crack", or does he unabashedly like speed?
You weren't furiously pounding the Enter Key after every other sentence.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I wasn't arguing about theoretical premium content, I was saying you type like an idiot.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

So I'm watching the Resident Evil 2 play through on the site and man, the sound is getting hella out of sync. Is it like that in the Youtube version?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Man, for some reason I just can't bring my self to care about Walking Dead season 2. After I gave up on play season 1 (because TellTale can't get their poo poo together and I kept getting hit by the save bug over and ever, I just couldn't be arsed to play episode 1 again) I marathoned the LP and loved it. For some reason I can't even care enough to watch the second video.

I miss TellTale, obviously the Walking Dead style stuff makes a lot more money than the stuff they used to make, but I wish they'd go back to making adventure games. I don't begrudge them for doing what makes money, I just don't care for what they're making these days.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I can't remember if it was Target or not, but a few years back one of the big US chains opened in the UK and it was such a huge loving disaster the closed all the stores in the country after a few months.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

That would be Best Buy. It came and went in the blink of an eye; I didn't even get a chance to visit one and barely anyone remembers them being here at all.

That was it! We had one in Purley Way, Croydon. That's an area with nothing but big stores mostly focused on one area (PC World, Toys R Us, Ikea), then Best Buy comes along and tries to cram everything into one store (that was comparatively smaller). I don't know what the other Best Buys were like while they were here, but that one was hilariously badly placed.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I wonder if there's any chance of a Dragonball: Xenoverse Fisticuffs when it comes out.

Dragonball: Xenoverse seems like the kind of dumb bullshit I can get behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKWxRtn5-Yg&t=1067s

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I thought they were only going to upload these things to the site from now on, just in case they get hit by Content ID on Youtube?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Charles Martel posted:

I watched Pat and Liam play through the Final Fantasy XV demo last night and...I actually might want to play this. It looked...cool. From the second I saw you could do a Dragoon Jump, I was immediately interested. Magicite was mentioned too. The warp-into-battle attacks looked neat. WHAT ARE THESE FEELINGS I'M FEELING?

I wonder how much longer it will take to be released.

It's a shame they didn't compete the demo, because the summon is cool as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_0OCZC8TVY

Veotax
May 16, 2006

So did them wearing Gas Coin's stuff actually make a difference in that conversation they freaked out in, or was that a coincidence?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ok, fair enough. That's pretty cool.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Silentman0 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSESEZdGmUQ

It looks like Korra. Korra wasn't bad, but it wasn't great, either.

This is also a $60 retail release according the Bestbuy leak.

I liked Korra as a $15 downloadable game, but I hope this is significantly better.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

So that's a thing.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

So Platinum is also making a new Neir.

E:FB

Veotax
May 16, 2006

goldblums eyes posted:

How confirmed was the remake before they announced it? I thought it was weird how Matt was in the corner with his grumpy face going "are you guys done putting on a ~~reaction show~~ for the camera now???"

Not at all, just hopes and rumours.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh god, Ride to Hell 12. The mental image of Obi Wan and Quan Chi loving killed me.

Veotax fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 7, 2015

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I don't know what it is about the idea of that, but it made me laugh the hardest I have I in years. Laughing so hard I was barely making any noise.

Maybe it just caught me off guard, I don't know.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Man, the comments for the Her Story video are salty. So many people complaining about it being a 'Tumblr SJW game', what the gently caress is even 'SJWey' about the game other than being about a woman?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The Kins posted:

Please Veotax, tell us poor huddled masses what 4chan thinks of the internet video for your next act. You are but our weatherman, and we must know how hard and deep the rains fall.

Man, I don't really give a poo poo. I just scrolled down when I saw how many downvotes the video had.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

gently caress SBF sold me Until Dawn. They had such a different playthrough than the one I saw so far that it feels like this game is legit living up to the whole 'no you do choose what happens' thing.

Wait, really? That can end without both girls dying?

I haven't played the game, how different can that intro get?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

pandaK posted:

I never seem to get a reply from the mgs thread about this, but: are the pre order bonus items unlockable through regular gameplay or are they now forever locked off? poo poo sucks that I only managed to find enough spending money literally the day it came out.

Also I heard keyboard and mouse is really unwieldy with TPP, what's the deal on that?

They're just some lovely re-skinned guns and camo, why do you care? I've never even used any of the pre-order stuff in the 50+ hours I've played.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

I wonder how ridiculous the technology is going to get at the later stages now. I mean, in Peace Walker they had stuff like single-shot musket type weapons that automatically fultoned enemies. I'm wondering if you'll just upgrade to the point of permanent invisibility at end game.

The final fulton upgrade is just a straight up wormhole generator.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

So Phantom Pain spoilers with how insistent Liam is about Huey being an OK guy, I can't wait for him to find out how much of a piece of poo poo he is.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Depths posted:

Marie rose is the child character yes?

No guy, it's cool she's totally 18 ok?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Woolie: I have experience fighting Giant Space Faces!

Matt: That look like Andross!

*Giant Space Face turns around to reveal Andross*

Matt: Oh my god!

That has to be one of my favourite moments.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I Love Annie May posted:

Full of snide comments about "not real game" bullshit or worse?

Also whining about SJWs, because if a game is about a woman it's obviously an SJW game.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

MrAristocrates posted:

Holy poo poo, they might actually get the everyone lives ending.

The last episode is up on Vessel: they actually do.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Alright, fair enough. I won't post about it again.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Hm, Vessel doesn't seem to be updating properly for me then. The latest video I have is Undertale. I know there are new videos, they're just not coming up on the page, the site recommended me this week's Fisticuffs after a video.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Similarly, Matt is the first person that can die in the whole game; if you try to save Emily, he falls down with her except he lands all the way the the bottom of the shaft since there's nothing to catch on. There, he encounters a Wendigo, which spears his head on a meat hook... unless you let him keep the flare gun, at which point he'll use it to save himself.

Actually, Jessica can die near the start when she's taken by the Wndigo. If you take too long to follow as Mike (take all the safe paths) she'll be killed. Alex from Giant Bomb East had that happen during their playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The Kins posted:

There is no wrong way to play videogames.

Except with your feet. That's just disgusting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcXDKv6K-2c