Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fruity Gordo posted:

what is it that pisses bulls off so much? i have lots of experience with cows but bulls weren't my area bc we were dairy country. like. all the dude cows were always removed and only a few were used for stud

oh

wait

lol

Funny thing is that they (only specific breeds of Spanish bulls) were just always this way and have never really been tamed like other cattle so they live on huge pastures and are cared for by humans like a bunch of kings. And through selective breeding over a thousand years are more pissed off than ever. Fun misogynist fact: the breeder tests how brave a bull is by how pissed off the mother is, not the father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fruity Gordo posted:

i'm probably p hardline about the DONT EAT poo poo UNLESS YOU CAN KILL IT stuff bc i grew up in farming country and my best friend as a kid was a hare krishna. but i still think it's a pretty legit way to be bc it makes you question where your poo poo comes from and whether it's worth saving 50 cents to give a dollar to cruel motherfuckers. like i'm poor but im not so poor that i can't try to buy poo poo that isnt totally evil

The best meat I've ever had was a roasted suckling pig on a retired bullfighters ranch that he killed and cleaned that morning.

Every time I go to Spain then back to the USA I can't eat meat for about 4 months because the poo poo here makes me sick.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

VanSandman posted:

doesn't choppin' a bulls balls off calm em down? works for most other animals afaik

Yeah that's called a steer iirc

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Women's Rights? posted:

You say that as though I don't put garlic on everything

Because it goes on everything

I would eat a garlic chocolate cake because i bet it would be awesome

Victoria Beckham would love you.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Swillkitsch posted:

I'm sitting in a Moe's trying to fight off a gut pain eerily similar to an inflamed appendix and yet my greater mental frustration is the fact that they totally lowballed me with this burrito bowl. I'm a delicate flower of a human and if I can scarf down your entire burrito bowl in ten minutes without wanting to lie down dead afterwards, then you need to increase your goddamn portion size. :colbert:

Also since I'm downtown I am considering walking to the hospital if this gut pain continues to progress from "harsh but tolerable inconvenience" to "what did I ever do to you Satan". I hope your Tuesdays are faring better, guys.

Lmao

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Women's Rights? posted:

I guess saying Low Carb must be easing out of fashion because so many of those say "Paleo" in the title instead

Lord just think of how much MORE weight I could have lost eating nothing but eggs and bacon instead of my ridiculous "eat anything but so much less of it and work out" plan that I'm on now

That Eastern European diet you're now on seems pretty cool.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

i'm listening

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fisticuffs posted:

Drink a bunch of water before you start drinking, continue while you're drinking, then drink a glass of water before you go to bed and you should be fine. Hangovers are caused by the brain drying up a teeny bit and contracting which hurts a bunch. Vitamin B supposedly helps as well, but water has always been enough for me.

just drink a bunch of pedialyte before you sleep or the next morning. unless you're dating a nurse and have access to iv bags then that will trump pedialyte

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Spanish American. poo poo ain't easier than that

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
One of the most American things you can do is to tenuously grasp onto the cultural identity of your immigrant great grandparents and scream an shout how you're Irish or something but the only person in your family who's ever stepped foot in Ireland died before hitler killed a Buncha Polska

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shannonmcn posted:

I'd like to know why it's always Ireland? North and south are both broken crappy places to live in comparison to most other places in the world. Belfast got a Hollister there a few years ago and there are still 30 minute queues outside it some Saturdays because we have so loving little to get excited about.

Why do people never rave about their great French ancestors, paint themselves with the original Tricolore and drink wine and eat brie to excess on Bastille day?

I don't know either but that's the largest stereotype aside from Italians. The polish are usually low key about it though.

And it's really funny how American some Irish girls try to be. I knew one when I lived in Spain that was straight from Dublin who spray tanned and even watched American football.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I knew a girl who told everyone she was French but she was actually Belgian because she thought (correctly) that most Americans wouldn't know what the gently caress Belgium was and why she spoke French.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shannonmcn posted:

Spray tanning is not exclusively an American thing. I'd say at least 70% of girls who go out on the weekends here are using fake tan. My friend went to an all-girls school in Derry and has so many stories of girls topping up their tan between classes or skipping Friday to do their tan for that night or getting rained on and their sunshimmer runs down their legs and stains their white socks orange. It's a weird epidemic, probably caused by seeing everyone on TV with the Californian tan, whether from the US or not. Or watching Neighbours where everyone is orange. I was usually too lazy, now I embrace my paleness.

American football has kicked off here too. I don't get why, we have Rugby which is objectively better. (shots fired)

This excuse may have been valid like 50 years ago, now it's just weird. Also the Irish population still hasn't recovered to pre-Famine levels, think about that next time you make a joke about potatoes :emo:

Lol so it's as widespread as I thought because all her friends seemed ganguro levels of orange too but they were from somewhere in the midlands of England iirc and all dressed like sorostitutes.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hey Shannon, what would you call a drink where you take half pint of Guinness and drop a shot of baileys/Jameson into it?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shannonmcn posted:

A loving travesty.

I do get a bit too wound up about it tbh but if all Italian Americans just got drunk off limoncello and raved about lasagne as the sum total expression of their culture it'd be viewed as a bit offensive.

Lol

And Italian American culture already is a travesty.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Enfys posted:

There are parts of Dublin specifically known for being full of orange people with weird pseudo valley girl accents.

Ireland doesn't get enough sun for white people to get tans like they see on tv, so tanning booths and cheap fake tanning products are really popular.

Yeah I remember them being really fuckin territorial over which district people were from and would act dismissive towards people from other areas

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Visit Spain and give them your sweet sweet rich people money as the local governments desperately need more money to embezzle

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
One thing that infuriated me when I lived in Spain is that all the American girls would only go to the chintzy bars where everyone played beer pong and no one have a poo poo about doing local things like drinking wine or being unemployed.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Summer of 2012 I spent most of July drunk in a little bodega downing 75 centimo glasses of local sherry while reading books then walking around on the beach. In Seville they served wine in these little baby wine glasses and at least at the beach village bodega it was served in the normal tiny beer glasses.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Barcelona is the euro version of LA and isn't Spain compared to Grenada or Seville.

Cool wine cocktails for you girls to try:
Tinto de verano; cheap red wine mixed with a gaseola like casera Blanca (or club soda I guess). Or you can approx sangria with red wine with lemon and/or orange soda.
Rebujito; dry sherry with 7-up. Typical feria drink and is way more potent than it tastes and is the only way I'll dance flamenco.
Serve both cold an iced.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fruity Gordo posted:

spanish manlove what kind of spanish do you speak predominantly? i only have passable castellano and i'm going to cuba at the end of the year for a working holiday and cuban spanish is heavily canary-influenced. i was planning on practicing cuban spanish this year anyway but if you have any experience with the different languages i'd be interested in your wisdoms

They'll understand you pretty well though some vocabulary is different. I know Castilian is a little more rude compared to Latin America, at least in Florida I greatly offended a guy at a Cuban diner by saying "me pone un cafesito" instead of "me puede dar un cafesito" because I was use to the former. It should be te same in Cuba proper so mind your manners.

Oh and Spain is still really sexist, but not as bad as it used to be. People no longer think of my mom as a mutant for not wanting to be locked in a kitchen 24/7 but it's still bad. I blame the moors.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shannonmcn posted:

My friend made me the most disgusting 'wine cocktail' last week with merlot, Glenfiddich, vodka and soda water and a sugared glass then had me try and guess the ingredients. It was such a waste of all those things and she wasn't even drinking.

Yeah that's overwrought and fuckin gross.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

bathroom sounds posted:

I don't think of cheese when I think of Spain. Have I been missing out?

Also I have read that sangria is considered the cocktail equivalent of pig slop that Spanish restaurateurs pawn off on unsuspecting tourists but jokes on them because that poo poo's delicious.

Spanish cheese owns really hard. You can get semi-decent manchego at whole foods but the price you pay for a tiny slice there is what half a wheel costs in Spain. The older it is the drier and more pungent it tastes. Pair with aged charcuterie, olives with pits and a dry white wine.

Bar sangria is pig slop that they give to tourists so get a tinto at a bar or a beer. Home made sangria is the best and usually reserved for big parties. I can try to get my aunt's recipe for everyone but it's seriously just chopped fruit, red wine, brandy, cognac, and sugar that's been mixed and refrigerated for a few days.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Sara Danzig is a bird?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Even if you knew my name, good luck finding me as even credit companies have trouble getting that poo poo right ahahaha total anonymity owns deal with it ladies

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Cis het white male born male wins again *slam dunks privilege*

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shannonmcn posted:

My family were apparently bards to the old Kings of Ireland, the O'Neills. My housemate is an O'Neill but I don't sing for him. There's an old rock in the Ulster Museum that is called the throne of the O'Neills or something and the loser wouldn't even sit on it for a picture, I offered to distract the security guy and everything.

Lmao lame. Abuelo franco was a stevedore (also costelero come Easter) and a truck driver. Also A cousin of my father is a renown flamenco guitarist who now teaches at the university in cordoba. He doesn't sing for some wussy king.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fruity Gordo posted:

you probably have to be good to play for monarchs :owned:

Kill all royalty and give their land to the peasants. The duchess of alba doesn't need a fuckin farm

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

bathroom sounds posted:

Before coming to Canada, apparently my great great great great whatever grandfather was a medieval trucker (apparently he drove a wagon around Braunschweig or something).

Medieval trucker sounds better. :colbert:

Ahahaha that owns. Btw a costelero is a tough, strong bull of a man who works in a team of other costeleros to carry around golden religious icons every Easter for the parades. Look up "semana santa" for more, non-phone typed information.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ahahaha you cucked nerd, aren't you jealous that the socially backwards wife beating Spaniards all do the hyphenated last names thing and will track names back for generations as a holdover from aristocratic times?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
This is no pity party it's a paws party
*all my favorite dogs from anime, video games, and image macros show up*

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Avshalom posted:

i'm a bit simple and am always genuinely surprised when other posters don't go by their usernames irl

like i just assumed until now that your rl name is ariadne

and i guess fruity gordo is actually named fruity gordo

my real name isn't avshalom so i don't even know where this idea comes from

My old SA name was a pun on my last name but then brother Jonathan ruined it so I asked garbage day to change it to what I normally use for video games and it's been uphill ever since.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

a travelling HEGEL posted:

the spanish do holy week best, sorry every other country

My parents had a picture of my sister and I at ages 3&4 in front of a nazareno and all my friends would ask me "why is there a picture of you and your sister in front of a purple kkk member?"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

your sister my wife

Dream on baby, you couldn't handle it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i got the true demon ending in nocturne

Watching a lets play of it doesn't count

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i will destroy you fucker

I spin around as you go for my cape, standing there panting. In one fluid motion I tuck the cape under my left arm and throw my shoulders back, strutting away. The crowd goes wild, throwing roses at my feet as I walk to my squire for the estoque.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Was she MEATY?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
*sniggers at the name greta*

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

You used to be francostein. Was it bro Jo who changed it to francoDipshit?

YUP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Lol my parents were going to name me Bartolommeo after the most badass saint but they instead picked something that had no translation into English.

• Locked thread