Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Crow Jane posted:

Do you hold the hairdryer directly against the boot, or a few inches away? And for how long?

to shape the leather for the foot part of the boots, i keep the dryer about two inches away, maybe a bit closer. at first i just kind of go all over the foot bit to warm everything up, then i stand up in the shoe and start concentrating on the problem areas, going up on the balls of my feet and heating the toes for about a minute, that kind of thing. leather wants to crease in certain areas and feet want to breathe in certain areas, so if you have trouble with shoes on your pinky toe or big toe knuckles, you want to heat that for a couple of minutes while you pretend to walk in place so that the leather remembers how to be. if you routinely get massacred on your upper back heels like i do, heat for a minute then wriggle for ten seconds, for like five or ten minutes, continuously. but before you do that, buy some cheap inserts because sometimes the heel massacre can be lessened if your heel is elevated within the shoe a little bit. i always need to put inserts in docs, for example. with the inserts in, walk around the block and you'll know where the shoe hurts, and then target those areas with the hairdryer. after you have spent a bit of time heating the leather, wander around your house or flat a bit and basically just keep them on until the leather feels cool, and they should fit your feet really nicely after that

for shaping the leather over the calves, you really have to measure the circumference of your calf, and the circumference of the boot at the point where it's too tight. if the difference is more than 3cm, i would either not buy the boots or plan on taking them to a cobbler. i have pretty butch soccer player legs so ymmv if you have thinner calves and boots don't fit, i think the difference should then be like 2cm before you go to a cobbler. once leather has split, it's split. anyway, it's basically similar to the foot thing but instead of socks you get a dishtowel and wrap your calf in it. if you can wrap the dishtowel around your calf twice and still do the boot up, so much the better. make sure you have fabric coming up above the boot when you hairdry the boot, otherwise you'll burn your skin. blow dry until you can feel the heat on your skin, going around and around your leg, and then walk around in the shoe for about ten minutes until it cools then do the same to the other boot

basically, what you're doing is heating the leather to soften it, then moving around so that it hardens into the right shape

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
gently caress pick, babe dont you dare buy expensive shoes on the promise of my advice, i refuse to be held responsible if it doesn't work

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i am a shameful bitch when it comes to makeup. every few months i buy a tube of concealer which matches my skin tone and i just dab that on all over my face after i cleanse, tone and moisturise every morning to even out my skin tone. if i go to the bathroom and think i need a touch up i dab on a bit more. i'm also loving lazy enough that every month i go and get my eyelashes tinted for ten bux, so i only need to wear mascara when i want to look ultra fabulous

tint yo eyelashes girl. it is cheap as gently caress and so great for when you have a job that makes you cry sometimes (social caseworker wooo)

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
my best friend performs in drag shows every second weekend or so and i am not allowed to touch his make up, only his hair and clothes. everyone's an arsehole and always says i should wear more makeup but the slags never say what kind. i figure they'd tell me if i looked horrendous or just wouldnt hang out with me if i did, but a host of twinks pushing you away from the make up table is a rude thing for a femme. loving queers

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
eisenhower was a powerbottom

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
she has a really posh aussie accent, like she grew up in the cotswolds and then moved to melbourne when she was 14

dolly parton did it better imo but that lady seems weird and cool so whatevs. they look like they'd be a massive loving annoyance more than anything else, and it's weird to want impractically massive fake tits but there are far worse bourgeois indulgences to be had and if she's stoked about her comedy boobs then that's cool with me

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i like a flat surface to blow raspberries on. motorboating as a thing is kind of weird anyway, growing up blowing raspberries on people was like a fun thing you did to infants and toddlers to make them giggle, or a thing you do to family members to troll them when they go to kiss you on the cheek. i've blown raspberries on lovers' butt cheeks and bellies and boobs and stuff to be cheeky and funny but i'd be scared of getting stuck or knocked out motorboating that lady. blowing raspberries is only fun if it's a surprise and it happens really quickly and flirtily, motorboating seems like a thing that goes on a bit too long

e: also i'd be scared of hurting her, because the skin on her chest is probably a bit tight and fake boobs dont really move around in the skin like real ones do. shaking my head around in her boobs seems fraught with danger :ohdear:

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 20, 2013

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i've only ever been motorboated by a weird gay guy i was at a uni function with who like did a drive-by motorboating on the way to the bar though, so i probably have weird opinions about this. for all i know it is awesome and great fun in the right circumstances, which it probably is because in the right circumstances pretty much anything sexual is awesome except really weird poo poo like poo and blood and axemaniac

attn gay men: just because you are gay, it doesn't mean that groping women randomly isn't indecent assault

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
my favourite thing is when gay men do drag and then get groped by EVERYONE and then realise 'hey this poo poo isnt cool it is horrible' and then they never try to touch my boobs without asking ever again

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Donkay NOoo posted:

Well she came up and grabbed my boobs and stuck her face in them in the span of 2 seconds, so like a ninja I guess

yeah this you grab the boobs violently and stick your face in them and wiggle around then walk away like you made the best joke ever LOL

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i was too shocked to get a punch in, plus i was talking to one of my gender studies lecturers at the time. which was great because the motorboat guy had a position of power in the student union and the professor was outraged and the guy never lived it down and got shamed hardcore all the time

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
its still a bit sad that blokes feel the need to wander in to ask/tell all the females about their opinions on females but, you know. at least they're asking sometimes

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
what is a sky golem that sounds great

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Crow Jane posted:

I have a second interview for a job this afternoon, and am wearing a bright coral skirt, gray sweater and tights, black ankle boots, and a multi-stranded turquoise beaded necklace. Also my grandmother's bracelet. It's a super casual office, do I got this, ladies?

bitch you got this. you go. YOU GO.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Dolphin posted:

Ten ways to annoy your boyfriend:

1. Never bother to clean up tampon and pad wrappers
2. Leave the bathroom garbage lid open all the time
3. Use his razor, leave it in the bathtub
4. Leave your clothing covering the floor in the bedroom
5. Leave your clothing covering the floor in the bedroom
6. Leave your clothing covering the floor in the living room
7. Leave ruined underwear at the top of the kitchen garbage
8. Don't ever clean hair out of bathtub, his job.
9. Lie spread eagle in bed, tightly wrap all the blankets around your midsection
10. Leave every pair of shoes by the front door

Bonus: Bobby pins should be distributed evenly throughout the house so they're always readily available

AMIRITE GENTS

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
for all the loving weirdo men who lurk and post in this thread who are afraid of things that bleed and don't die, here is a tragic and cruel story for all of you to feel bad about:

my stepmother was an unmedicated psychotic manic depressive when i was a preteen, and whenever i went to my court-appointed visits to stay at my dad's house for the weekend and was on my period i had to wrap up my used pads or tampons in toilet paper, go to her, unwrap them and show how much i had bled, and ask for a plastic bag to put it in, and then take it out to the bin outside immediately, because menstrual blood was loving disgusting

basically what i'm saying is that your jokes are loving hilarious, you morons

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Crow Jane posted:

Thanks everyone! I passed on a third hot whiskey and cider last night so as to be nice and fresh and alert for this interview, hopefully it wasn't in vain.

that sounds delicious and you should have one tonight after you ace your loving interview, you fabulous thing

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Dolphin posted:

When it gets really bad (bobby pins) I put them on the tips of my fingers and pretend I'm wolverine.

unless you have weird flat fingers or really long nails this is a lie and you should be ashamed of yourself

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

VanSandman posted:

What is a gordo though

fruity gordo is a flavour of cask wine in australia, and cask wine in australia is also called 'goon'. im loving witty and meta

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Donkay NOoo posted:

Do you heat treat your hair a lot like blow drying and irons cuz that poo poo tears up my hair and I try to use heat as rarely as possible

argh same. which sucks because my hairs look great after i blowdry them and then they are straw the next day

espy tell us about your date is she nice :3:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
also a floordrobe is the right of every woman

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
it's more like the ownzone but you don't want to own any part of them so i guess it's like the goodwillzone, but no one would buy them so i guess we can stop mincing words and call them trash

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Wildlife Analysis posted:

Friendzoning (the idea) is dumb. The real problem is people who string other people along. But that is something that both genders do equally.

lol

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Espy posted:

For me personality always seems to weigh into it more, like being super hot is great and all but its really minor on the totem pole. Guys find me pretty attractive so I guess I've also been able to pick and choose whoever I wanted?

I dunno I like girls better, appearances have played way less into it and I don't feel obligated to wear makeup with them on dates.
same SAME. SAAAMMEEE.

my friends and i play this game where we sit in the front windows of pubs and cafes and have to choose a life partner out of the first three people who walk by. after a while you stop looking at people's bodies and look at their faces, and you notice how kind some people's faces are though they're not classically beautiful. kind faces are the best faces

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Fruity Gordo posted:

same SAME. SAAAMMEEE.

my friends and i play this game where we sit in the front windows of pubs and cafes and have to choose a life partner out of the first three people who walk by. after a while you stop looking at people's bodies and look at their faces, and you notice how kind some people's faces are though they're not classically beautiful. kind faces are the best faces

this is a weird post but i mean 'same' in the sense that kindness is far more important than beauty because it is the most beautiful thing ever and comfort is rad too, and i have felt more comfortable and safe with women lovers than the beautiful blokes ive been with

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Espy posted:

I've always wondered what the PUAs thought of women that have gently caress buddies, like I've done that before with some girls and guys, what ladder is that?

the ladder their snake will never meet

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
being intolerant of a man in a bar and refusing to give him your number is a grievous insult on par with genocide

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
nearly everyone i've dated has been way hotter than me classically imo, but they havent realised it. i have dated a lady who knew how sexy she was and we had great fun sex and fun and cuddles and nice times but then we had to split because of job distance. that was the hardest breakup ever, because relationships with needy people are loving terrible

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Dolphin posted:

Is that an opinion you hear a lot from your partners?

are you negging me for fun or relief?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
you dont look too fantastic in your jorts bucko

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i'm quite fair really, but my eyebrow situation is pretty italian so i have to keep that in check. the most annoying thing is that my pubes are straight, so i'm never going to be able to grow one of those big beautiful bushes :negative:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

VanSandman posted:

Hahaha what this is a thing
Bullshit
lots of women have straight pubes. pubes are hair, sometimes hair is curly and sometimes it is straight

massive 70s bushes are so pretty and womanly, i want one

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Christmas Present posted:

what does a boner feel like when you are a lady

imagine all the blood rushing to your penis, like when you have a boner

it's like that, except a clitoris is bigger than your tiny penis

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

VanSandman posted:

Cold pizza is delicious you heretics

objectively the best breakfast in the world especially if hawaiian because then it counts as your morning fruit

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
pick if you arent doing your doctorate in 'CATS YOU FUCKS' then i dont even know

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Women's Rights? posted:

it's looking like a cold pizza vs hot pizza cat fight up in here

ladies let's get our lingerie on and start warming the oil because it's onnnnn

NO gently caress YOU DONT HEAT THE OIL IT'LL GET ON THE PIZZA AND WARM IT

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Pick posted:

cold pizza is nasty. i scrape the cheese off of fresh pizza though so maybe i am not the biggest fan of pizza anyway?

also if you cut it into squares then EXCUSE ME but i think you are an idiot

i read this earlier and raged in private but it bears repeating PICK YOU loving MANIAC GET HELP

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

I don't like pizza very much in general

ok

i cant be here

right now

i just cant
im too upset by all of this

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
gin and tonic is great, lime wedge supremacy tho

the most wonderful coats in the world are woollen full-skirt coats and if you can find one in an op shop or vintage shop you should buy one and treasure it forever because nothing is more beautiful in the wintertime than a woman in a woolen full-skirted coat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Fisticuffs posted:

I have a nice wool trench that I like, but I don't like wearing it every day so I need an alternate to pair it with. I have a leather coat that people are positive towards, but I really hate wearing leather so gently caress that. Now that I think of it I think I will donate it to Salvation Army or something this weekend.

oh yeah dont wear a wool coat every day if you live in fog town because the fabric can warp if you dont hang it properly when its wet and then it wont fit as beautifully!

if any of youse ever need tips on fabric care i am a nerd for this poo poo and used to work at a drycleaners as well. gently caress i love proper fabric care

• Locked thread