Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Hi, I'm interested in this but have two questions:

I tried it like six months ago but I had issues trying to get into multiplayer, the game told me to open my ports or whatever it was but it never worked for me, did they change how that stuff works?

Also, how important is playing four players? I have one or two friends that I'd like to coop with but should you really go 4 players?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Just figured out that I can't play multiplayer unless I pay like $10 to my ISP to get a public IP a month to be able to open my ports (it's a weird setup and very lame). Is there really no way to play without doing so like for most Steam games?

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Hi, I just started playing and have a couple questions not in the OP, if anyone can answer.

- The difficulty scales with the number of players, right? I'm mostly playing with a friend for now.

- If so, is there a bug that makes the game scale improperly sometimes? I ask because we did a 4 player event and then when we went back to 2 players and tried a mobile defense map it was pretty much impossible at our level with dozens of enemies EVERYWHERE. There was also 4 terminals, when I would've expected 2? And if there is, any way to resolve it without both of us quitting and relaunching the game? We tried that and it seemed to change the difficulty but we're not sure.

- How long before I can expect to be able to make a different warframe? I unfortunately have the Excalibur from way back when I first tried the game and it's a little boring. I have the credits to buy most of the blueprints but have no idea what is hard to make, or what is fun.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Good to know, thanks for the answers. Is there a way to queue for matchmaking when you're already in a party, then? When you're alone you can select a mission and wait to find a squad, but when I'm with my friend it just starts (and we got a late joiner only like once or twice.)

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Hey uh, how do you start the mastery tests? My friend said it's a button in your profile but I logged in and out a few times, my mastery is capped to level 1 and I can't find a way to start it anywhere, and nothing's showing up in my profile menu.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Found what turned out to be my first nightmare mode alert tonight :v: had no idea those existed. But got Blaze for it, which is pretty cool.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Pierson posted:

If newbies need some good weapons I have a spare Braton Prime, Boltor Prime and Reaper Prime that need good homes.

I just started playing 2 days ago (haven't joined clan yet, waiting for invite) and would love the Reaper if you still have it. Daynab is my IGN

Daynab fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 1, 2014

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Took me a couple days to get past the hurdle and overwhelmingness of starting out, but this game's great. Got a few weapons, got pretty good mods, everything's melting when I shoot it. Feels good.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

I've only been playing a week or 2 but I've been using Banshee the most and really like her. Has decent crowd control. I never use the 1 ability, but Sonar, which lights up all the enemies around with a weakpoint that does 500% damage when shot is amazing. Silence stuns all enemies for a bit when they come into range which is really good to give a breather in defences, or to go revive someone.

And the 4th ability, Sound Quake does pretty okay damage and staggers enemies in a huge radius when you have power range, so you can use it to clear maps if you have enough energy to do it.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Sorry but I keep seeing it mentioned everywhere and... what is Cerberus? :shobon:

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah just ask in clan chat for some help, people have been very helpful to me. And if I'm on I'll take you with me to unlock the planets.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Can anyone fill me in on the topic of secret areas in the void? So I watched this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T2NiVk4nrY

But of the couple times I went in to search for them I had no luck, except one time where I wasn't quick enough and the door closed on me.

- Does every red door indicate a secret area? many times I find one but no pressure plate.

- Some doors are orange-ish, is that significant?

- Are the secret area pressure plates the round ones only, or the square ones too? A few times we stepped on both of those types and nothing happened that we could tell.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

necrobobsledder posted:

A lot of secret rooms will not spawn on anything but T2 or higher keys, for starters, and you aren't guaranteed any particular one even if it's in the right sort of configuration to do so. I haven't seen the rooms in that particular video spawn in a long time, but then again I don't do a lot of void missions where they would spawn honestly.

Not all red doors are secrets, it's just that these particular doors with long obstacle courses will open on timers or proximity due to the time-limited puzzle gates they work as.

Orange doors I'm not really sure about though, thought they were just red doors with bugged tinting on them honestly.

This guy has a lot of other secret rooms shown in his video and shows how to get to some of the really hard spots without using teleportation or exploits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygcFA96u2Qo

A good reason to look for the secret areas currently is that it's possible to find rare containers in these that can drop forma and void loot table rewards in general (I saw someone that had 10k credits in a spawn).

Oh wow, that's a lot of cleverly hidden areas that I didn't expect to be there. Do his other 3 parts show some more too?

Also it answered one of my questions about circular plates, the one where he shoots the thing that opens up in the ceiling.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

SaffronKit posted:

Withe the new Prime Access and my usual lack of any kind common sense, I now have a great deal of Platinum and nothing to spend it on, having got most everything in the game you can get with plat. So in the spirit of the season, I will be gifting things from the store to people in the clan who post in the thread!

Leave your in-game name in a post and your mastery rank. If you are under Mastery 6, pick three things in the store and I'll get them for you! Limit one Warframe, and I'll throw in some slots and a potato of your choice too.

Anyone over Mastery 6 can pick one thing, and I'll throw some slots and potato too.

I'm going to put a limit on the number of warframes I'll buy, cause they're hella expensive and I'd like to see this plat go a distance. Lowbies get priority.

Merry Christmas, make sure to give'em hell out there. :tfrxmas:

edit: Sorry to anyone on PS4 or Xbone, but I can't send anything your guys way as I'm on PC! :(

Hey this is awesome of you!

I'm Daynab in game, rank 5. If you still have spots for warframes I'd like to try out Zephyr, and it takes a ton of Oxium so I didn't see myself getting her yet.
Could use a reactor for sure, and well, you said 3 things... so maybe a Glaxion? Unless you can't gift it if I can't use it yet? If that's the case Amprex I guess.

Appreciate it a lot!

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Thanks Tenno Santa!

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

Nightmare missions and the ability to deploy extractors for resource farming. Both of these things are kind of important.

(I'm new) Wait so nightmare mode is different from the rare nightmare mode alert? How often can you get nightmare mods from them then?

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Sprecherscrow posted:

If you beat a non-alert nightmare mission, you get a random nightmare mod as a completion reward. You can do this as many times as you like.

Well drat. That would have helped me get a bunch of good mods quicker.
Now I really gotta bother making that Archwing :v:

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Does anyone have a Boar Prime Barrel? Need it for Steel Meridian rep and have been asking around for a couple days with zero luck.
I've got a bunch of prime stuff I could trade, probably nothing worth much though.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Naturally Selected posted:

Ok so I think I'm retarded: how the hell are people moving so drat fast? Half the time it feels like I'm burning all my stamina/energy just staying a room behind everyone else. :downs: Excal, if that matters. And if I run rhino I might as well just sit in the first room till everything's cleared.

Get a quick melee weapon (the starter skana is okay), slide, jump in the air and crouch so you're doing the airslide/kick, and do a melee attack. Depending on your weapon you'll go a pretty far distance. Practice that, it's called coptering.

Daynab fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 30, 2014

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Naturally Selected posted:

That was quick-starting to get the hang of it now. Well, the sliding melee part, at least. Can generally keep up.

Now to unfuck weapons and get something that'll actually kill things! :getin:

By the way, is our clan still done through the offsite or do I need to bug someone in-game?

Yeah, just do the process in the OP, it didn't take long for me and I joined a few weeks ago.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

FlocksOfMice posted:

My Cernos went from 90-something ammo max to 37 with my ammo drum mod. Did bows just get a maximum ammo nerf or something?

If your two weapons share the same ammo pool they get cut. So you might have a secondary that uses sniper ammo.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah like my bow that does 50k crits taking 10 arrows to kill a bubble.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

So a friend of mine is having a strange issue where he can't pick up any syndicate medallions if I host a mission, the prompt pops up, he presses the button and the prompt disappears but nothing gets picked up - and the weirdest thing about this if we've tried him hosting and the medallions just don't spawn at all.

Any ideas? He's not capped and he's on the same syndicate as I am.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Brainbread posted:

Is he the same rank as you?

Lower-ranked Syndicate members cannot pick up medallions in higher-ranked missions.

Kyte posted:

The dude must qualify for the mission for the medallions to pop up. Remember syndicate dailies are syndicate and rank-specific.

Oh poo poo, that might explain it. Thanks.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I AM BANSHEE I AM BEING USEFULLLLLL

I like my banshee :( she stuns everything on the map (so people can do actual damage and kill everything without being in danger), or I can make enemies take 4 times more damage (even though other frames one shot them anyways.)

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

So should I buy either of these new prime mods? What are they really useful on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

tlarn posted:

Gleaming Talon is a rare stance mod that drops off of Leech Ospreys, which are somehow rarer than Oxium Ospreys, and Sapping Ospreys, which drop jack-all in all the time I've been killing the poo poo out of them. There's a reason Gleaming Talon's rare as hell.

When I was even more of a newbie someone gave me Gleaming Talon for a core or some other stance in the clan, so maybe ask around!