Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Grondoth posted:

No event on the PS4 launch? That seems weird.

Going to go ahead and guess that there's going to be some sort of debacle or another related to the PS4 launch. Not to mention that DE has probably been in crunch for quite awhile, leading up to the PS4 release.

While an event would be nice, I'm just as happy to not have one and all of the possible bullshit that would come with it.

e: beaten by a mile

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

hooah posted:

Most weapons aren't too impressive early on. They start to shine after you get a couple mods into them.

Weapons (and frames, too) are basically just shells. They have a framework of attributes which never increase or change with level; the only way to change them is filling them with mods. Weapon level is only significant in that more levels means you can put more bonuses into them.

In what is one of the more baffling of the various mysterious logic chains behind system decisions in this game, it means that with very few exceptions all of your weapons are more or less worthless until you've used them for awhile, so that their insides are big enough for good mods.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Jesus gently caress, damage 2.0 sounds like most of the things that I've been wanting since I started playing this game. Especially electricity chaining to other targets, that would be loving awesome.

...aaaand an update to the UI, allowing it to cogently display details about all of the changes? Unheard-of in the annals of Warframe updates!!!

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Carrier. It comes with hands-down the best sentinel weapon in the game currently (likely to remain so even after the update, unless something drastic is done to its damage in 11), which also uses Shotgun mods that you're probably not going to have equipped on your primary.

In addition, its signature power picks up any items you can collect (including ammo/energy/health, if you're at less than max for any of those) and sucks them towards you. I don't know if they ever fixed it, but this power definitely at one point worked through walls, meaning that if mods or components fell into impossible locations you could still pick them up.

Also, it looks like a gourd, so you can name it Gourdie LaForge.

e: beaten. But I have an explanation.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

edit: gently caress it, I quit trying to answer questions :negative:

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

So do Warframe goons just use the Camping The Stairs voip server, or is there another one I could use to look for semi-competent teammates when my own clan members have better things to do?

e: including this information in the first or second post might be helpful to future non-goon-clan brosef.

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 20, 2013

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

There's a channel in Camping The Stairs but literally nobody ever used it so I didn't bother including it this time.

So my follow-up question should be how, short of joining the goon clan, should I go about finding goons to play with?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Ardeem posted:

but Energy Vampire does and the more power strength you've got slotted, the more power it generates per tick.

If you're in a position where you don't have enough enemies around that you can just break them open to get enough energy from their insides to cast another Blessing, odds are you're not facing enough enemies that they'll be able to kill you before you either get away or slaughter them all.

Also, if you're burning your last energy reserve to cast a Blessing, you should be using that time to get away. You can always find a couple more crates or some little enemies to pop open in search of blue orbs.

Also, slotting Flow helps a lot with Trinity energy management. Combine that with a max-vacuum Gourdie and you should be good to go! Max your power duration at the expense of literally everything else, max Blessing, Flow, and ignore all of the other frame abilities because they're completely redundant once you can do that. As long as you have energy (and unless you're doing really sparse-spawning low-level content, you will), nobody on your team can die, no matter where they are.

Also, if you're about to go down but you even start the Blessing cast, it will still go off, making everyone else invulnerable so they can come get you. And it also applies to you, so you will be invulnerable when they get you up unless you bleed out and have to use a Revive.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Ardeem posted:

I've had defense missions where waves just decide "Nope, not dropping any power. Good luck with that."

Right, but if you followed the rest of my advice and have maxed Flow and duration you should be good to last for a wave or three. Especially if it's early enough that you're not having to keep Blessing up constantly.

A good rule of thumb I use when I play Trinity is to use Blessing when I'm in trouble, or anytime someone goes down (so whoever goes to revive them is invulnerable).

e: also, Energy Siphon is your friend (you'll have to forma your useless defensive-polarity aura slot if you just really need the extra slots, but the number of formas you can get nowadays is limited only by the amount of time you want to spend in t3s). If you don't already have it you should be on the lookout for it already, because it's definitely one of the better auras.

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 20, 2013

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

hooah posted:

Yeah, someone earlier in the thread mentioned that the selling multiple things bit of the UI is broken for the PS4. Sorry.

It's only in the last month or so that the PC has actually gotten this feature, so who the gently caress knows when it will be fixed for PS4.

e: vv Incidentally, this is how all warframes (except for Vauban and Nekros) work. Buy the BP for credits, farm the parts which are all potential mission rewards from the same boss.

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 21, 2013

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Also why do tenno need to breathe without eyes?

Why Excalibur has fingers on feet?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

amuayse posted:

How is the Gorgon?

It's like a version of another gun, the Soma, but worse in absolutely every way.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

After just thinking about how I still hadn't gotten a single poison element mod in all this time, I snagged one. Now I can't remember why I wanted it. Is it corrosive, viral, or gas damage the king poo poo of dps mountain at this point?

If only there was a handy guide to just this very thing somewhere on the internet!

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

kloa posted:

silly-fun gun to use.

Protip for the Supra: set Energy color to a nice deep orange, now you are wielding an LMG variant of the phaser rifles from later DS9 and Voyager. The Tenno are animated by the souls of dead redshirts.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

AndroidHub posted:

This is pretty bad advice, finish them off, if you play for any appreciable amount of time you'll be annoyed at yourself that you didn't.

Specifically, keep your intro weapons around to leech xp from your better weapons, once you get them. Unless you're just starved for slots (you shouldn't be, slots are one of the things you should get more of with your intro plat), just keep them around.

Either you're going to burn out inside of a couple of weeks, or you'll wind up wanting to go back later and finish them out. You have to start this process completely over if you sell your weapons (and going back to a naked mk1 after you've tasted the sweet murder capacity of real weapons is terrible).

e: VVVV since pulling out our dicks to measure them is now a thing, in 568 hours I have been glad that I finished leveling my MK1 and LATO before ditching them. Bam.

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 19, 2014

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Golgozor posted:

So I grabbed a deathcube and leveled it up to 30 to get the trophy, got no trophy. WTF?

Get a Carrier, they add so much utility and peace-of-mind that they're almost always better.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Balon posted:

Is Transmuting broken? I just transmuted 4 Rare mods and got... a Quickdraw.

Working as intended.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

e: drat, that was an old post. Sorry.

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 13, 2014

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

I saw loot popups for a new warframe and a sentinel

The "cards" are also referred to as "mods," and each of them has an associated action-shot-type-picture. The pictures are of warframes or sentinels doing various things with different weapons, and that's what you saw. Once you get used to the game, the pictures allow you to differentiate the mods without having to read their titles, but it's confusing at first.

Think of your equipment (sentinels, warframes, weapons) as empty shells with base stats. Mods are the guts, providing significant modifiers to one (or sometimes two) of the base stats possessed by whatever item they're slotted into. A huge part of the game revolves around collecting, leveling up, and using mods. If you want discussion about that, you've come to the right place.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Having one's very own space station with non-euclidean meditation gardens suspended in the main hall is 100% of the reason I still come back and play this game.

No matter how poorly implemented and awful the changes to the game are, there's just so much wacky poo poo in here. And no matter how ept they might be, these developers aren't on a crusade to crush cool poo poo like floating decorations.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Chocobo posted:

Overextended [...] Next to try it on Nova for Molecular Prime.

Slot Nova for maximum radius all day every day. Since M Prime causes chain reactions of murder explosions, it really doesn't matter (until enemy level 40+ anyway) whether it's causing them to take 140% or 300% damage. Everything in the room is going to die anyway; with more range, that just means more targets primed, which means more kills per cast assuming a decent enemy density.

Personally, I also run Intensify and Blind Rage (though I haven't maxed it yet), to get that damage back. Not really required for anything but deep survival or T3 stuff, but the frame has the room for all of that plus Flow and Streamline so I just leave it on.

e: ^^^ this post full of faulty reasoning reminds me that when you extend the range of M Prime, you also extend the range of the chain-murder-explosions. Since AoE damage like M Prime explosions seems to project through walls and other cover, this only serves to make it ever more effective.

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 11, 2014

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Wales Grey posted:

Wait, those are gonna be mods rather than just a thing you can select in the armory?

The basic loving powers of the frames are mods, which you have to equip, and which take up slots. In the before times when Auras were Artifacts, a fresh frame had to be dragged through a mission or two before it could even equip its 1.

Making stances their own class of slottable mod isn't even close to the worst decision DE has made with regard to melee 2.0. I guarantee it.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

edit: wow, was that a long time ago. Never mind.

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

So, it's been...easily over a year since I last played this game. Do I understand correctly that it's still "in beta?"

e: does it still revolve entirely around murdering endless numbers of insert-faction-here enemies with your penetration-modded weapons in order to get a shot at whatever it is you're looking for?

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 30, 2015