Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Someone just gifted me a warframe slot, so, thanks.

Also, this was my first time driving that archwing thing and it feels pretty sluggish compared to the regular cyberninja thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The archwing missions loving suck, why don't they just delete or rework it already.
When you respond to an alert cos it's got like 20k credits and a fancy blueprint then it loads into space and you realize it's another archwing mission, it feels like you acidentally touched the toilet with your balls

It's so weird to see something like this when the canonical and almost perfect example of how (space)mechninjas should move and fight already exists and is called Armored Core 4 Answer.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I thing I have learned that corpro is good and that it should be called copro instead because it'd be funnier.

Also radar tower camping and database recovery missions are horrible in different ways for me, but entirely because I have to rely on the other players not being terrible.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Christ, I thought the braton was uninspired but the good karak was there to set me right.

Also, apparently, I should look into consumables.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Aug 6, 2018

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

If I was a new player, where would I look for non flawed serrated and hornet strike mods, hypothetically?

Or just more mods in general.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Ah, human interaction, I hoped to avoid that.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Well, there I go, I guess.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I just got a few solid mods so thanks for that, I guess I'm going to head back to climbing up the solar rail.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

100% droprate in clan chat.

Yeah, I got exactly what I was looking for and a few extra goodies on top. It was pretty nice.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

So I farmed the Valkyr blueprints and have all three parts being 3D printed by the magic foundry but I don't have a blueprint to fit them together, does it appear magically or do I have to farm elsewhere? (Or, possibly, the same guy.)

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I followed the OP's advice re: the starting plat, so there's little risk there.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

What good rifles and secondaries are there at MR5? I'm getting tired of the tetra and cestra combo, as good as it was for me.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

So I have to buy another blueprint for each and every fieldron I build? Goddamnit.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I've shoved my first catalyst in my atomos, I love that thing and someone completed my set of basic secondary elemental damage mods.

Now to farm endo by melting faces.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I just finished the second dream and it was good.

Aside from That rear end in a top hat stunlocking me with his Anime Sword Waves and the eye of something not shooting where it was supposed to.

Shame I pretty much spoiled myself by over analyzing the game after being told it was all about transhumanism, saw a few things coming but not quite like that. Once you look, the game really wasn't subtle about it, too.

E: Basically, I came here because I was told I could become a servant of Literally The Devil From Yudkowsky's Cult, and I can, and I am. Also I have no idea who told the devs that someone enjoyed the water temple and they should copy it, because no one did.

EE: Unless I am mistaken, the controls list did not spoil The Second Dream, which I think is really neat and a thing more developers should do.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 13, 2018

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The only question I have story wise is: when can I take a loving flamethrower at the infected poo poo that's in the right side corridor of my orbiter.

Although I'm pretty sure I can safely remove it by just getting in my warframe and hosing down the area in bleach before scrubbing.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Speaking of story, when is the next part coming out, the sacrifice ends on just a bit of a cliffhanger for a long gap.

Also from the perspective of a new player, it uh, really shows at what point they started putting actual money and effort into it.

Right in the back end of the Natah quest, since it required new assets. (But the bomb was still an Orokin tile-set cryopod.)

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 13, 2018

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

you wouldn't want to actually get rid of the infestation. it's there for a reason. if you're not sure why, you definitely haven't been in there yet and also haven't gotten far enough in the story.

I have a fairly solid idea. The warframes, especially painted and twinked out, can be hard to tell apart from infected and have some similar design elements, I suppose they are what happens when the infestation is done right and in a controlled and responsible manner.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Someone was nice and gave me a pair of greater focus lenses, thanks mister goon, now I can grind The New Thing.

I thought archwing was kinda neat but floaty until I got to the Uranus missions which were mostly fine once you figure out that all you need to do is follow the big yellow cables from one place to another.

Pursuit missions can just go and get chucked into a woodchipper though.

E: On the other hand, serving Yudkowsky's Satan apparently pays well in endo, there's probably a thousand better ways to grind it, though.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 15, 2018

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

There's one thing that really annoys me in the space AW missions (other than the space stealth mission in the war within) and it's the fact that the aiming is still done like it is in regular gravity with a dead spot at the top and at the bottom than also fouls up high angle shots, in a place with no referential of up and down to compensate with.

Also it wasted a number of perfectly good shots I had.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

FunkyFjord posted:

I changed my AW controls back to the style, I think it's the 'experimental' one. It doesn't have a hard up and down so it gets around the problem you just listed. The downside to this, of course, is you can end up doing all the corpus ship missions upside down, sideways, or far more likely, with no good sense of direction at all. I get why most people changed away from these settings but I actively like the confusingly open movement controls.

I guess I'm flipping the puke rocket switch soon, then.

All it's missing now is roll commands.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Tylana posted:

:siren: Coupon fairy visited, so mini-giveaway time! :siren:

Next 20 goons who ask for it in thread get ONE OF :-

Warframe Slot
2xWeaponSlot
Frame Potato
Weapon Potato
SomethingElseAbout20Plat

PC only (sorry), and put in your IGN so I can actually gift you it remotely. And Which Thing You Want.

Please surprise me (preferably with a warframe slot).

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Sep 16, 2018

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Thanks for the warframe slot, Tylana.

Those experimental AW controls aren't that bad, now they just need to pick between making it freespace, children of a dead earth, or armored core 4 answer.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I have finished the war within and I have my hab module in the oven, along with That New Mode, and I'd like to know what to do now, because I'm a bit lost. Wiki tells me the next quest is chains of harrow, which means doing more of Sedna and the void, but should I do something else first?

(Like figuring out the quills and those amps things.)

E: Also I got a riven mod which wants me to shoot three of a kind of PoE birds dead within 5 seconds with an active pet nearby.

I'm just wondering if my emotional support animal, a flying shotgun, counts.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 16, 2018

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm pretty sure Chains unlocks some of the story quests. You don't actually have to grind Sedna or build Harrow to finish the quest, if I recall correctly.

Amps are very much end game content, exclusively for Eidolon hunts and a couple quest missions, and ironically Harrow's going to be one of your best entry points to doing that eidolon stuff. Also Volt/Trinity.

I need to finish the Void: Mot node to start chains of harrow, according to the quests thing, so I need to cross Sedna.

Well, if the rest is more endgame, I guess I'm going to do chains of harrow first.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The Saddest Robot posted:

Building my first amp was the most unfun I have had in Warframe. You have to figure out fishing and progress through it enough to get Murkray Bait, which requires specific fish parts from 3 different fish. You need to grind through mining and get enough Devar gem poo poo. Then you need to just run loops through the plains at night collecting Cetus Wisps. And you need enough Cetus and Quill standing to unlock/purchase the blueprints for the stuff just to do the grind. Even with guides telling me the best (or only) spots to go for some of this stuff - none of which is mentioned in game of course - it was still an excercise in forced grind and tedium.

I would have just paid plat for some of the stuff but at 1-5 plat per part the first mote would have cost like 200 plat.

In short, gently caress the Plains of Eidolan content. It's come pretty close to making me want to put away the game.

My favorite part of PoE is the way everything is too large, it's pretty nice, the way a game currently built being a supersonic magic ninja puts literal minutes of slide then bullet jump in a straight line in the way of getting anywhere.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

As a mote amp owner, what is the first amp configuration I should try to build to get myself out of this predicament?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Pubbies pulled me through my first eidolon fight, I couldn't make sense of anything when the shield restorers went in, too much glowing crap on my screen, and got me enough sentient cores to let me get to level one with the quills, enough to learn that I now have to farm and fish and mine the plains, literally, and I just wanted to play a spaceninja game.

I'm not saying I should get those shiny amps for free, I'm saying I should get the materials by doing spaceninja poo poo. I wouldn't even really mind a tea ceremony minigame instead of fishing.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 18, 2018

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I guess I'm going to do that.

Also, fighting the eidolon itself was pretty fun, I guess there's something redeemable about those plains.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Well, the sacrifice was neat, got me a fancy new frame, new sword and new mods.

I guess that since Excalibur Umbra remains active while in spoiler mode and takes damage while in it, it's not as good for eidolon hunts?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

It's not, but that has more to do with the fact that Excal isn't really suited to eidolon hunts in general rather than anything specific to Umbra.

How dreadful, I'm going to have to use the loadout system, it's not quite as instinctive and fast as I'd like, but it does the job.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Is that where you're supposed to grind them? I'm probably going to get used to that music some more.

I wonder when the next quests will come, light blue Lotus mode is just not doing it for me.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I may have trouble understanding the way mod order works to make combined damage types.

To get blast and corrosive on an atomos, you need to order your mods elec first, then toxin, the cold and finally the innate heat. The game agrees:

Notice the polarized slot is not in use, how odd. Well, all my previous attempts led me to gas and magnetic or viral and radiation unless I wasn't using the polarized slot, for some reason I don't get.

In the interest of documentation:

Step one:

Step two:

Step three:

Step four, the mystical fix:

Didn't work this time, for some reason. It hurts my head a bit less and also a bit more.

I don't really get it.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 26, 2018

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

FunkyFjord posted:

The weapon's innate element acts as if it is the last in the mod order. Order the mods to have corrosive and blast in a manner that places fire damage as the third or forth elemental mod and the atomos' heat damage gets added to there.

That's what I did in the first case, the one that doesn't use the polarized slot. If I do it again in config C, it gets me gas and mag.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

FunkyFjord posted:

Ya again mod order is what determines elemental combination, and that goes top row first left to right then the bottom row left to right. So in that very first image you have pathogen rounds in the second slot and then convulsion and deep freeze in the fifth and sixth with the atomos' innate heat acting like it's in an invisible ninth slot. So the mod order is toxic, electric, cold, then heat, giving corrosive and blast. In step four you swapped the spots of toxic and cold, swapping around the resulting combination.

So left to right, top row first, and innate elements always act like they're last in mod order.

I though it was the order they were slotted in, chronologically, and not the order they were slotted in, physically.

This makes a lot more sense now.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Avulsion posted:

Click Actions > Swap Polarity and move that D polarity somewhere more convenient. For best results, build your Atomos for crit and use Gas damage for Star Chart missions and Corrosive for sorties and other high level content.

I didn't know it was possible to swap polarities' places, I guess I'm a tiny bit less bad at this game now.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

In addition, and spoilers for the same, the Sentients being harmed by the Void is by the original design, because the Orokin designers who made them wanted to make them very adaptive to be able to do their job in Tau, and therefore risky to have exist, and have a great flaw that could be exploited, it prevented them from coming back from Tau (because apparently the Void is also present in deep space and not just in its own dimension) and would make cleaning them up easy. Of course they adapted to only suffer greatly from it and a force went to kill the Orokin.

What this also means is that there is a solar rail, hidden somewhere, all the way from Sol to Tau and back, so we might get to take a look some day.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

CommunityEdition posted:

Alternatively, Frost is able to absolutely lock down the junction specters.

Might be a bit more accessible

Valkyr's 4 makes a sorry joke of the later ones.

Well, it would, by that point you're past Jupiter, so it should, too.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

I guess it all depends on who you think is creepier, Hexis or Veil. Veil is the kind of creepy that unironically wears shirts from tshirthell.com and writes "piss bitches" in all their textbooks, while Hexis is the kind of creepy that mostly keeps to themselves but also keeps a freezer full of heads in their basement. Which is worse? Depends on which side of the freezer door you're on, I guess.

But, also, you should check out Veil's basement, they're working on a torture rack and it's both extremely ironic and also extremely not ironic.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I always bothered me that they say cephalon with a Sea sound. I know that it gets the Sea sound in regular English when you are farting higher than your rear end talking about heads and / or brains, but it really should take a Kay sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

xiansi posted:

How do you say celebration, celestial, or certainty, or Cthulu...ah, now I see.

It's not that, it's the Greek origin, it's for the same reason that I think that, in Dominions, Arcoscephale should also be said with the second C being a Kay sound.