Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I upgraded my PC recently so I decided to try Warframe out since I can now run it properly and oh man, this is so fun. I haven't had this much fun doing PvE in an MMO since Global Agenda, and I've sunk 600 hours into that game.
Combat system is amazing!

I got a small bit of platinum and bought the Nami Skyla with that(plus some flair) since it seemed to be quite fast and it had the highest spin-slash damage and I love beyblade-ing across the maps.
I took Loki as my starting frame for some reason and right now the only power I use is Invisibility, to hide and recharge my shield when in a tight spot. I really love jumping and spinning around like a crazy sunnuvabich, rushing into crowds and killing everything before it kills me (works really well, I have only died 2-3 times and I always get most damage and kills).

I have a couple of questions though.
Since Loki's powers don't fit my play-style at all I was thinking about buying Valkyr with plat, since her powers seem to fit with this playstyle and she's got a massive amount of stamina apparently.
Is it a good choice? Also how long would it take me to craft that frame without spending money?

Another thing, what the hell does Channeling do? The only thing I noticed and the main reason why I channel all the time if because enemies explode into nice shiny clouds in color of my choice, which is awesome.

EDIT: I just finished last mission on Earth but I'm still Rank 0 because of the 24 hour cooldown(I started playing yesterday).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What the hell? I was doing the test thing to rank up to Rank 1 and I hosed up a bit and didn't manage to kill the last guy before time ran out and now the game tells me I have to wait ANOTHER 24 hours to try again.
Who came up with this bullshit?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I see people talk about selling stuff for plat but I don't see any in-game way to trade or even give platinum to other players. How does trading work?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Male Man posted:

Yeah, but you can do like I do and banish it to some distant corner of the keyboard while separate roll and sprint are kept handy.

But as a reminder, rolling is crazy good. Besides giving you 80% DR (stacking multiplicatively with any other DR) and status immunity for the duration, it gives you a lot of additional speed and air control. Roll to correct a bad jump. Roll to quickly weave around corners. Roll through bombard missiles and fire eximus waves to totally neuter them.

Try rolling.

You can also roll through those loving Corpus lasers.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

In any case, what you're complaining about is the glory of the reveal. 12 year olds playing out power fantasies get to deal with their space ninjas being weak 12 year olds. :mmmhmm:

Yeah, I loving loved that part of Second Dream.
It also makes some of Alad V's jabs at Tenno (You) retroactively better.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I just noticed that there's a small patch of infestation on my ship. What's the deal with that?
Why didn't Ordis clean up? What do I pay him for even?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Coldbird posted:

Common misconception; it's not infestation. You did notice there's nowhere to let the dog out in space, right? He'd been holding it all this time...

My only dog got sent to Lotus for "care", so it can't be that. Unless the bugger hid somewhere on the ship instead.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

neonbregna posted:

It's a visual representation of your file integrity if the automatic check doesn't fix you to delete and reinstall

I deleted my System32 to fix this and now my Alienware is broken. Halp!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Warframe is pretty fun, you guys.
http://i.imgur.com/bh4dioy.mp4

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 9, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So I just finished War Within and I was wonder if there's any practical use for leaving the Warframe other than being able to punch some Grineer with your own fists?

Also did the Good/Evil choices during the War Within quest matter somehow?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Also, at the end of War Within Ordis says that "Maybe you can help me clean that infestation?" and I was incredibly disappointing in the fact that you CAN'T.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I get one riven mod from War Within, it's locked and it seems like I need to equip it on a weapon for it to unlock but it just won't stick?
Like, I open the Weapon Upgrade screen, equip the Riven Mod, close the screen and if I open it again the Riven Mod is unequipped.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Did you make sure to put it on a rifle and not on a brand new gun?

What do you mean by "brand new gun"? I tried putting it on Sybaris cause that's the only Rifle-looking primary that I have.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bruceski posted:

He would have succeeded, too.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Maaan, the new Frost skin is amazing but it's a Technogen item and I don't wanna pay real money for it. :(

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I can't get over how bad the new anti-aliasing method, introduced in the new patch, looks.
They replaced one of the best post-processing AA methods I've ever seen with something that barely removes the aliasing.

DE could've at least kept the old method as an option.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kokoro Wish posted:

They're annoying for everyone. The visual effect is so loving loud that even one person spamming it in a mission can make it impossible to see anything. Especially in some of the smaller defence areas.

Sounds like a great reason to use nothing but that weapon.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Broose posted:

Do you have motion blur enabled? For some reason the new high AA looks like your screen is smeared with Vaseline unless you got motion blur on. Steve said he's working on a workaround to be released asap.

Disabling Motion Blur did nothing to improve anti-aliasing. It just totally fails to do anything about the aliasing.

Before the last patch:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/156892437244674560/7B393A23F9DA89E23EAF06A2E7E7661DB041363D/
After the last patch:
https://a.pomf.cat/obniuv.png

Seriously, the method they used before the last patch was near perfect but right now it looks like garbage.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kokoro Wish posted:

I guess I must be crazy, but I can see barely any difference between those images.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

Looks a tiny bit more jagged but not enough for me to give a gently caress.

Well, I wish I felt the same.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I managed to break the game while changing graphics settings.

Kokoro Wish posted:

Have a feeling they switched from the image double/quadrupling style of AA to edge detection, which is waaaaay more efficient for the hardware, but yeah, does come with a very minor quality drop.

Their previous method didn't use MSAA.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

That looks like the new AA system accumulates data over time in order to generate the changes to hide edges, like current-gen realtime raytracing systems. It would make sense for a tiny oversight to leave that disabled and wonky (i.e. getting only one frame's worth of data, having edge hiding be "noise") if motion blur is disabled, since having *that* on means there's already a temporal accumulation system running and AA probably just removes that and they never checked if the accumulator is enabled without motion blur.

Sounds about right. That's pretty much the way temporal AA works and it seems like they tied their new method to motion blur for some reason.

I'm still completely baffled at how they managed to make the new temporal AA look worse and act way more buggy than what they had before the last patch.

NostrilBreaker posted:

Is there a map to the clan dojo? I've entered and I've become completely lost trying to find the research room.

Everything useful has doors in the same room that you spawn in, I think.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

kxZyle posted:

After today's reactor vs. reactor invasion I saw a couple calls for more catalysts on Discord. So :siren:giveaway time:siren::

Quote this post to receive four Orokin Catalysts. To qualify, you need to be at or below MR20 and on PC. Limited to eight people.

"JackTrades" in-game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I hope they add more tricks to the hoverboard. I wanna do a kickflip on Venus.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I love that Trinity Prime, for example, can be ran just fine solo and contribute damage like anyone else. I haven't seen a support class that contributes to the progress like that since the Cleric in 4th edition DnD.

Ye, the good thing about Warframe is that every frame can hold a gun. So even if their abilities are extremely useless you can still shoot fools in the face.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ashye posted:

Oh game RNG, always giving what you need as soon as you complain.

That's extremely true.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Today I discovered that I have these

Those are from the raids right?
Has DE moved them to be obtainable from somewhere else or is this exclusive veteran content now?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

Nope, but if you unequip your maxed weapons the remaining one will get a bigger cut

Oh, I didn't know that. That's useful.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It should be called Pneumatic Crown, it should look like a tiara, and it should replace all melee weapons.

I second this.
Also make it explode on hit.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'll totally get that attachments pack if the price is reasonable.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I learned something very important today.

If you dual-wield a Sonicor and a Glaive you will hold and fire Sonicor sideways, gangster-style.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Don't question Darvo.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm just using this game as an escape until Star Citizen releases. Then I can get to the real farming!

Good news, buddy, you're got all the time in the world.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Are there any Glaive aficionados in here?

When dual-wielding a Glaive with a secondary gun is it always supposed to do the Astral Twilight stance combo despite me having Gleaming Talon stance equipped? Cause that combo kinda blows.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

750 hours into this terrible game and finally Despair dropped for me. I didn't think I'd ever see the day.

Still no Hate in sight tho.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

hagie posted:

1300 hours off and on and I got Hate like 2 weeks ago.

I could fill the world with Dread.

Sounds reasonable.
So how many hours in will I get my first legendary core then? 2k?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Finally bought, rolled, and ranked up a riven for my favorite gun in the game, Sonicor.
I have 6 Forma in that baby but it seems like there's nothing that can make it a good gun. :(

I just want it to be good enough to be able to kill poo poo in sorties but no matter how much resources I pump into it, it just refuses to become usable, it's such a shame.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

that's kind of because the sonicor exists to knock things down. it's not really going to reliably kill things.

it's entirely usable, you're just trying to hammer a nail with the point of a screwdriver.

It feels soo good to use in lower level missions though.
You shoot it once, sparks go flying everywhere, the projectile explodes and then all the enemies in a good radius go crunch and their bodies scatter all the gently caress around. Also you can't hurt yourself and the rate of fire is good.

I have used like 90% of all weapons in the game and there's still nothing that feel quite as satisfying to use as a Sonicor. :(

EDIT: Additionally if you're playing Mirage and you fire Sonicor nonstop then nobody can see anything except sparks and everything dies. It's great.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 19, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

i get what you're saying, but the damage absolutely doesn't scale at all and it's because it purely exists to punt enemies around like dolls. technically rivens exist for the thing but at best they're going to be used for quality of life stats for it. you're really never going to be tackling sorties with it.

Yeah, you're right, it's just a shame that you can't turn it into a sortie-usable gun even with a riven and infinite forma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pound_Coin posted:

Have you heard the good word about our lord Lenz?
It's a charge weapon, with very low RoF, insane self-damage, doesn't make a satisfying crunch sound when it kills stuff, doesn't make a ton of sparks either.

It's a good weapons but I only like using it on plains where I have ample room to stay away from my own shots.