Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
On the other end of the scale, actually managing to get through a half-hour survival mission (mostly the three who came along with me, it has to be said, thanks for carrying me ;)) is fantastically cathartic.

Question: Just got the Vectis and Obex out of the foundry. Are they worth potatoing or are they just more mastery trash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
There's also the victory message from Arid Fear which they still haven't put on the lore page where Vor pretty much confirms this in a roundabout way (via the lens of "how the gently caress are these guys so advanced, I know, space demons!" whilst actually alluding to what Fish just said). Unfortunately it only showed up right at the end of Arid Fear as part of the UI and hasn't reappeared since, so I can't source it.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Sentient Toaster posted:

Yeah, but when are we getting it? This just makes me want it now. Now now now now now.

DE usually updates on a Wednesday morning in GMT, sooooo... pretty drat soon :allears:

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Coldbird posted:

Carrier. You cannot go wrong with Carrier.

Yeah, he's bang on. Carrier should always be the first sentinel pick for any frame.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Chubbs posted:

If anything they're trying to add more reasons to be stealthy with the codex. You get bonus XP if you scan enemies without them noticing you.

You also unfortunately get more scan info when stealthed too going by that video, so that's going to make things even more fun.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

This is going to be a very late Wednesday for U11, it seems. Game forums are practically self-immolating again.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

DelphiAegis posted:

Redtext made a small announcement of "The time everyone is waiting for is here!"

"That's right... Update 10.8.1.0! Contains a new collection of fuzzy ballerina slippers for Warframes PLUS a spray tanning kit for Sentinels! (Note: tan wears off after 3 days)"

God, I'm really sad I missed that. Good news though, update's live folks! Get on and get to work!

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

...anyone else having issues getting into the new chat? I can see some buttons on the right of the screen that must be them, but I can't click or drag them out.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Inbuilt radiation, huh. Did the devs ever say you could have two of the double-type damages on one gun? If so, that could work out rather well.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Schubalts posted:

He might be now. Golem dropped his blueprints, and Golem is no longer a permanent boss.

They confirmed in the U11 patch notes that J3-Golem was becoming an alert boss on special infested invasions, and that he still carried Volt parts. So, yes, Volt's just become another alert-only frame. Thank heaven I got to Golem and ground those BPs out first (though if he's still 75 plat, it's not a disaster).

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Ah, I actually liked the new minimap. Shame. Hopefully they'll put it back in with 11.5 once they make it a tad more transparent round the edges.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Yeah, I'm pleased to see that mutagen masses appear to be a common Grineer reward for infestation invasions (for now). Less reason to waste time farming derelicts, 's good as far as I'm concerned.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

So anyone know if the update bringing the jungle Earth maps and new Hek is coming out tomorrow or the Wednesday after?

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, the changes to both sound OK in theory, but I get the feeling that once again it'll all go to pot once it's actually implemented. You'd think Gas would be a more handy damage type for Saryn's powers as it completely dominates both small Infested and Ancients, but ah well...

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Looks like the update's not coming out today, but it can't be that far off... E: So we're going to be scanning everything. Trees in a jungle. Yeah, that'll work.

Serpentis fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 19, 2013

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Gazaar posted:

I think they need some more nebulous faction leaders for their story stuff, you know, ones you haven't killed 50 times.

Lot of people thought the same about Alad V to begin with, and to be honest, that would have probably been better.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

InfinityComplex posted:

I heard that this event gives Twin Viper Wraiths. Is this true? If so, I will grind the gently caress out of this event for them.

It does if you score high enough for the third tier reward, yes. Get to work on the bonsai fast, though, you've got some work to do.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Regor wears an upsidedown version of the usual helmet mask for some reason.

And then they made a special upside-down fitting helmet for him and his mask that (I believe) they gave to butchers and eviscerators rather than, say, correcting the mask. Not sure whether that says something good about DE's creative process.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

I think it's Grineer Powerfists that can also mimic Ash to do a teleport into short range and start wailing on you in melee, but that's not nearly as annoying/disorienting as getting switch teleported across the room.

No, that's Flameblades.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

seiferguy posted:

I've been having lots of fun with my Nova. To potato him or not is the question...

Personally, I'd say she's absolutely worth a potato. M Prime is still one of the most hilariously broken abilities in the game and DE's shown no interest in nerfing it. Once you get the hang of Antimatter Drop's 'shoot-to-improve-nuke' quirk, it becomes a solid AOE bomb, and Wormhole's got some utility in pretty much every map for skipping the more finickity parkour sections or bailing out of a bad engagement. Null Star's still rubbish, but that can be said of quite a lot of 1 powers in this game.

seiferguy posted:

Also the Soma is super fun. Added a crit chance and crit damage mod and head shots are pretty much insta kills on most enemies now.

It's still one of the most powerful rifles in the game (albeit quite noticeably toned down from before Damage 2.0 due to the impact/punc/slash damage splits). Slap a fire rate mod on there and Serration and it just becomes a death hose.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Archonex posted:

So the Drakgoon with a Nova's molecular prime is loving hilariously over the top.

I don't even bother to aim when fighting anymore. I just orient my character in the general direction of a group of enemies, hit molecular prime, then click three times and listen to the screams of horror as everything explodes.

I need to see if there's a punch through mod for shotguns. Slotting a catalyst in the thing and that will probably do horrific stuff.

There is, though it's exceptionally rare. Can't remember what it's called off the top of my head, and it costs as much as the rifle penetration mod.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Perhaps it's just me, but I found the Miter to be absolutely not worth it. The bouncing mechanics are janky, the Lanka is a lot easier to spec out for one-shot kill damage, and Bullet Attractor probably won't make it that much better against bosses, or perhaps only a bit better against high-level big targets like Heavies or Ancients (moreover it's mostly Slash, so poor against non-Infested). I really wouldn't.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Are the Akimbo versions of weapons generally worth upgrading to? Also, how do I get that drat serration mod. I have all the other flat +% damage mods, but that one won't drop.

Generally, yeah. Certainly so in the case of the Furis and Viper, probably in the case of the Lato, and if you really like the Lex, then grab the ak-version of that too.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

OK, I had forgotten the Vasto/Akvasto. To be honest, I didn't feel like it was much of a downgrade for the extra firepower, but it is less accurate, so personal preference there.

And if you're going to get a Bronco, you should really get Dual Broncos, for another pair I forgot.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Piell posted:

:siren: Hammer Shot Nightmare alert on Proteus (Neptune) for the next 40 minutes

Oh goddamnit, now they're putting them on when GMT +0 people are at work or at lunch :sigh: I needed that.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Wait, there was a Blaze alert whilst I was asleep? Oh for gently caress's sake DE, those were the only two I needed. :argh:

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Some resources are just naturally rarer than others in some planets (or full stop), but you've got the right idea; break containers, open lockers and kill people to get at them. You'll know it's a resource pick up when you see a yellow cake-tin like object, grab it and finish the mission and you get the goods (there's also blue cake-tins, but those are clan-research specific resources and not as important for you right now).

The only missions that specifically give out resources as mission completion rewards are alerts that pop up sporadically anywhere on the galaxy map rather than the normal nodes; if you're in need of a certain resource, say in clan chat and I'm sure you'll get a hand on a specific resource alert if it comes up (bearing in mind that access to these alerts is unlocked by going from planet to planet and opening up the nodes as you would an ordinary mission, so sometimes you may have to ask to join someone else's alert run if you can't access it yourself, you'll still get the resource that way).

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

There was a Grineer rocket-sledgehammer mentioned in the last stream, but that's a two-hander. The one-handed 'pile-bunker' was a Design Council idea that didn't make the final cut, sadly.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Either that or they just set Chargers on every single power outlet in the base/asteroid/ship etc. until one of them chews through the air-processing power cable, or somesuch. They have reserves, after all.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Yeah, see Europa right now for the problem with Harvester fever, amongst other things.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Tagichatn posted:

There was a cool council post today that talks about some of their goals to add more of an end-game to Warframe.

All three items sound really cool, maybe it'll bring in a bunch of new goons so we can go on a solar tower building spree and cockblock others.

The Proxy War sounds great in theory, but in the current state of affairs that's left the Corpus completely buggered because people want to see the Harvester, they'd better take a fair bit of care implementing this one.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

I meant, they don't change based on what mission type it is, what level it is, or what penalty you get.

No, not like that, it's strictly percentage-based at the end of the mission.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Fuzz posted:

Is there an Akmagnus yet? If so, goddamn I need one.

Yes there is, and yes you do. It may not be the stat-based best handgun, but it's so much fun to use.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Apparently the only 1 Prosecutor per mission thing was a bug. Though that's the excuse for them to make Deltas even rarer... whoo.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Serpentis posted:

Apparently the only 1 Prosecutor per mission thing was a bug. Though that's the excuse for them to make Deltas even rarer... whoo.

They literally say that they slightly lowered it because there are supposed to be multiple Prosecutors per mission and they fixed that gently caress-up.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

DelphiAegis posted:

...Speaking of, a lot of projects have been missing credits. Notably, the two new rails (that we probably will not be able to deploy anyway!) need 1mil credits, combined.

I had a million credits to burn so I've thrown them in, though one of the rails still needs 11K plastids.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Poniard posted:

I'm a pretty pink space ninja!

A true Tenno.

Anyone have a verdict on the Nami Solo or the Karyst? I'm just backfilling a few melee weapons I built and forgot about and I'm wondering if it's worth potatoing them from the get-go.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

So are Dark Sector Conflicts drops just totally bugged? I managed to loot a Master Thief off some dead nerd but it wasn't in my inventory after we won.

Guess I might have to buy that Berserker after all :negative:

Same thing happened to me with a (so far the only one I've ever seen) Decisive Judgement. Very irritating bug.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Alright, we've got another one of these pre-event transmissions for the PC to go with update 14.5.

https://warframe.com/news/attention-pc-tenno-2

Odds are on another high-ranking Corpus wanting to cut a deal a la Alad V back when the first Fomorian Crisis happened or another rebel faction a la Red Veil, though the former's probably more likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

Oh boy, another bullshit rare mat. Who wants to bet it's tied to the new ice planet tileset?

It's pretty much guaranteed with the way they've set it up. Lots of trailer footage of the new ice planet, the entirety of Operation Avalanche (of course they'd need Arctic Eximus(Eximii?) for defence of an ice planet) aaaaand well, as others have said, it's going to be Oxium 2.0 and be bloody stupid.