Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Got back into this to see what's new (dropped out a bit after Deimos), and been doing some revamped Railjack. Did I miss something like an alarm reset button or do corpus ships have an extremly tedious mechanic with constant electric AoE landing on you? There's a delay so you can easily outrun them, but it makes the Ivara stealth approach very very tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

hazardousmouse posted:

Is it corpus tiles in general or void storm tiles? But yes, mega annoying.

Not sure, haven't done enough of it yet, but it's just a big pet peeve. Obviously, I can still ninja my way, nuke everything or Titania-zip around, but I also like the slow and quiet Ivara infiltration, and in some of those Railjack missions, that was close to a non-starter. I loved the old Railjack feel of detonating Grineer ships from within without being spotted.

NPC crew are cool btw. I love how you can customise their look and give them any OP gun from your armoury. I'm glad I had all those intrinsics to not restart from scratch.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
I won't lie: I have no idea what Sisters are going to be like in terms of buggy tedious grind, but I'm so going to endure it all for that Tenet Arca Plasmor.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

RoadCrewWorker posted:

've killed/converted 4 sisters

Came across a few players last night with Tenet weapons too. Did you guys just no-life the poo poo of of the game or is the new Lich system that fast?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Cool, guess it's fairly reasonable then, which is a good thing considering the number of weapons and RNG involved in which one shows up.

From a silly point-of-view, could you stuff 3 copies of Oull in the parazon to one-shot the next 3 Sisters? Or is it only one copy per parason/requiem?

RoadCrewWorker posted:

The "convert" ingame mail is a pretty nice touch :allears:

Haha. Pity it doesn't come with 12 pages of small print T&C and requires you to click "I agree". That could have paved the way for a hilarious patch some time in the future involving one of the clauses.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

RoadCrewWorker posted:

After 6 finished sisters I've had a few really lousy hosts on PC pubbing with hard desyncs

That reminds me, since I've been away for a while: I presume there still isn't a "DON'T MAKE ME HOST! EVER!" setting? I use the "Laptop" setting which deprioritises me, but I still end up host every now and then and it ruins everyone's day, including mine.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

George RR Fartin posted:

Thanks, guys.

This is way more complicated than it probably has to be, but I guess That's Warframe! (tm)

Is there any trick to the thralls/lich themselves or is just "mildly tougher, just hold down fire longer on the ignis wraith"?

They just kneel down instead of dying, you need to finish them with the Parazon by getting in melee range and pressing X.

The lich will have powers dependent on the frame you used to make it appear, and it can be tedious depending on what it was. Some damage resistance is also tedious if your lich reaches level 5, but nothing you shouldn't be able to handle at the end of the day.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

One of the pubbies in my last group was in a mech and constantly holding down Arquebex M1 for most of the fights too so the entire screen was constantly covered in explosions and it was really hard to actually see + aim at the lich.
It didn't seem to kill the lich any faster though, and when I briefly tried out my own mech my Arquebex did 0 damage to the enemy.

So I'm guessing liches have some kinda special necramech resistance. (Though that might have been one of the fight mechanics making them invincible until you kill all the spectres or something, idk.)

Indeed. The patch notes explicitly mention Necramech and Arquebex as a major reason for special damage resistances for Lich enemies.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Recommend some good helminth skill swaps for a bunch of warframes besides just roar on high str/duration frames.

I love Blood Altar, but then, I can't be bothered grinding healing arcanes. So if you have max rank magus stuff, the healing art-deco spike isn't as handy.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Went ahead to grab a first sister, and it's a 37% toxic Tenet Envoy.

I'm floored by how fast it went for the murmurs/requiem. It takes more time to get her to spawn now than it took to get the song...

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 10, 2021

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Sister down, and she dropped the Lucretia Ephemera too, yay. Fair fucks to DE, that's a serious streamlining of the process, and the 4-sister Railjack mission feels proper epic.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
That Tenet Envoy is an absolute riot. Think I'll push this baby to the whole 5 forma goodness, to enjoy it before it gets nerfed.

No idea what it's like in Steel Path, as I only very very occasionally dip my toes into that, but in anything else, what a ride!

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Any new reason to take out and show off my pimped k-drive is a good one in my book. I wish I could get arcanes out of this rather than Eidolons...

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
That's going to make some brilliant reading on their forums, hoarders are going to be mad.

Already having Loki Prime here, I take it that's basically completely useless? I already helminted the free Loki they gave out before, I don't think there's anything to do with a double of the prime?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Stonks! :lmao:

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Did some Steel Path last night to mop up the nightwave stuff, and that dropped me enough of the weapon arcanes to start playing with them, so I fitted the one that gives damage multipliers for 24s after a headshot, up to 3 stacks. Only rank 1, so it's 40% per stack. Holy macaroni, this feels insane. My beloved Kuva Quartakk already felt like a monster, but now it's just ridiculous. The stacks last so long that it's dead easy to maintain, and being an arcane, it's completely free and in addition to everything else. Argon Scope was already pushing my quad-aimed-shots into hilarious territory with the increased crit chance, but now I'm also sporting an extra multiplier...

Guess now I have to run some arbitrations to grab the galvanised mods. I have to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

MJ12 posted:

I'm running one with galvanized chamber and a rank-1 Merciless in Steel Path, and it feels really good. It one-hits trash mobs, will take like, 30-40% off even high-level Grineer mobs, and semi-reliably puts procs on enemies to boot. Incredible weapon, 10/10.

Yeah, I'm on the 4th forma right now and took it out on SP a few times while leveling it and it's working just fine with galvanised multishot and arcane. This is 100% going to get nerfed, lol.

Got sort of blessed by RNGesus tonight. Decided to go magnetic for the Tenet Arca Plasmor, as high shields are annoying and it's my goto gun in Index where shield numbers are downright obnoxious. Did one granum void with Mesa and hey, Tenet Arca Plasmor first try. Only 25% and no ephemera, but still... There's always valence fusion to pump up that score if need be later.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Mercury_Storm posted:

Sister fights are jank as hell as usual I guess. Whole lotta "and suddenly, youre dead from full health" with no warning or animation or anything. What the hell happened to shield gating here?

I found a new type of jank last night. I knew the first word, and had a random second one.

Sister goes down -> stab. My first two words appear for some reason, with the second one incorrect. "Sister, you have been promoted" in the background, but she's still there of course. She's taken down for the second time, I stab again, and same thing: two words, second one incorrect, promotion. She disappears as she should though, this time.

Net result? She went from rank 2 to rank 4 in a single mission.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

cuntman.net posted:

:pwn: i cant tell if this is a joke

Forget Fashion Frame, Stug forma is the real endgame.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
New sortie modifier: warframe abilities disabled, stug-only.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Mesadoram posted:

Slow weapons don't feel great in general to me. Once I made the Kronen Prime I basically never use any other melee weapons. Unless I want to just gently caress around, then I just dust off the shelved ones and try to make a fun build.

Not sure that's still working, but for slow melee, bunny-hopping with heavy hammer slam attacks used to be funny, particularly on a dainty frame like Titania. Hammer Fairy best Fairy.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

TheParadigm posted:

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1415823560300548098

there's another cross promotion going too
Anyone know anything about that launcher platform?

MK1-Strun? I'm sold!

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Yeah, I think I'm missing something here too. I can't see how you couldn't.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

TheParadigm posted:

Whats the element bonuses bonus?

I played around with it a bit and nothing about the double elements being on the right side works any differently than other innate weapons. (the only wierdness is is it has two elements off to the ride side of the mod screen, which combine if you don't mod for it)

Mine is Toxic. If If throw mods in toxic/cold -> cold/toxic -> heat order, then I get Viral + Heat and the innate toxic is added to the Viral.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Mesadoram posted:

Tried to apply it on my Switch account, got an invalid promo code.

Well, if anyone is going to play the PC Master Race card, you'd definitely put Alienware in the top list of suspects.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Mesadoram posted:

One could only hope :smith:

Also here is the code: 60FD-CC67-86A3-D054

Please say if you took it :colbert:

Cheers mate, just redeemed in ship market and got the syandana and resource booster. :tipshat:

edit: just realised that resource boosters double up vitus essence. Got 33 in a single arbitration thanks to you, as it happened to be everyone's favourite grineer farming spot: Hydron (Sedna).

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 16, 2021

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Is it my ISP or are the servers blowing up under the load of players? Tons of "Network not responding" errors, leaving navigation takes ages, even deploying an extractor is a 10s job...

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 17, 2021

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Not 30 minutes into the stream and their brand new Floof merch has already sold out. What a loving goldmine they built!

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
So, is the Vastilok supposed to show in inventory, because I see nothing, no inbox notification either.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Echophonic posted:

Did you claim it on Twitch? You actually have to go hit the button under drops.

Yeah, I did that on the drops page and it's in the "claimed" list below, claimed 2h ago. I relinked recently too, got a forma from one of their streams 11 days ago according to the list.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

DoombatINC posted:

This art panel is pre-recorded so there's nothing they can do about it - they're also aware as evident by the "live streaming things can sometimes cause issues such as poor audio so please be patient" title card that came up before the panel

I prefer to think that this is all live and that Rebecca has already changed outfit 4 times because you dress accordingly to the panel's theme.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Echophonic posted:

Man, this Darvo bit singing "buy merch before I go to jail" is just a reminder how we need a Darvo mission handler. Maybe after the New War we'll see some more handlers.

I'm getting excited now. The anticpation!

We need a Clem frame you mean. Skill 1 would say "Clem!", Skill 2 would say "Grakata", and you don't need skill 3 and 4 since you already have dual Grakatas and you don't need anything else.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
"NO NO NO! I'M NOT THE SERVER TECHNICIAN! DON'T BLAME ME!" :lol:

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Did they just announce Androidframe and full crossplay all platforms?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Must have taken some effort to keep that to themselves and just mention second war and free skins as main event stuff. Cross play/save is massive, and while I don't personally care for it, I'd imagine that the android port may be massive for them and open them entire new countries.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Lol, and now Loki Prime has disappeared from the twitch drops page.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

temple posted:

Refresh it

Had done it a few times for a while to no result, but yeah, it's back now and claimable. Free slot, yay. I just wish I could melt the frame into a bunch of forma now. It's going to kill me inside if the only option is to sell it for 5k credits!

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Grineer mode, wow.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Woodywoo01 posted:

This Grineer can kill sentients faster than I can.

Was thinking the same lol.

Wow, and corpus now. Pity the handler is Alad and not Nef Anyo though. Can't beat the tattooed mustache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Please tell me they have an infested gameplay now, and are throwing a Grineer vs Corpus vs Infested pvp map, planetside style.