Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Do warframe systems blueprints ever show up at for the end of mission rewards from boss runs? I did the corrupted boss that drops Nyx blueprints about 20 times and got about 12 helmet and 8 chassis blueprints, and I've heard people saying that the systems blueprints can appear on the ground that you have to pick up, so maybe I missed it or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

zgrowler2 posted:

I'm pretty sure Systems BPs are in the same drop table as the other parts, just rarer. It wouldn't make sense to have dfferent distribution methods for different frame sub-BPs. DE is asinine sometimes, but that's a bit much.

Well, having players do the same boring boss mission 100 times (some people claim to have done more than 200 to get a systems BP) to get that one final crafting component is also pretty asinine! Makes me want to hold off on this game until it gets out of "Beta" so maybe there will be bit more content to offset the grinding. Right now the content/grind ratio seems pretty weighted since you're doing the same stuff in the same areas against the same enemies repeatedly, especially for new items.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

fromoutofnowhere posted:

"This is going to take longer..." no poo poo? You've still got four minutes on the clock lady. "We've got a problem!..." Nope, no problem here, I was planning on killing this gently caress stick for the umpteenth time. "It's the Grineer!..." No poo poo Sherlock.

I want to switch to that greebo guy or what ever and be on his side. He at least sounded like he was trying to get it right.

My favourite is after doing the 115th or so survival mission where the life support is always turned off:

"They've disabled life support... I figured they might try this."

Or when there's a bunch of marines in the room:

"You are surrounded by Grineer marines." Oh thanks!

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I don't really understand the point of Nyx and crowd control abilities like Chaos. Why spend that energy making them kill each other slowly (also for no exp if they do eventually do it) when you could be spending similar or lesser amounts of energy killing them all instantly with a different frame?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Got it! 91.1% finished right now. When I started it was like 80% or so.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Washin Tong posted:

How are the Dual Heat Swords/Ether in Damage 2.0? I used to have D. Ethers before the optional reset circa update 7-ish and they were awesome for carving up light infested with the old 3x multiplier. I'm sure they won't beat my current Zoren/Fang but sometimes a man wants to cut poo poo without looking like a seizurecopter.

Pretty sure they removed all those special modifiers in exchange for the status effect system. It says in the wiki that Dual Ethers (and Kunai and Hikou) are supposed to stagger enemies but they sure as hell don't anymore! The swords have a 10% status effect chance though, so whoopie I guess?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Denzine posted:

The best thing to do is create a point/token system, but they really really want to keep the gambling system, so who fuckin' knows what they're going to end up doing.

Probably add yet another key-gated tileset and move some drops to that.

They'll probably keep the tedious gambling thing because that way it makes you want to buy stuff with platinum rather than sitting there doing the same mission over and over for the rare drop.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Helter Skelter posted:

The folks who spend plat to avoid grinding for parts now would still be doing the same thing if they had to grind tokens to get the parts instead. It just changes the grind from a random crapshoot to a goal you can actually work toward.

Yeah but I think the random crapshoot system has an effect that is mostly psychological that can make players just say "aww gently caress it" and buy the item instead. I know if I that system existed I would have just gathered points and bought Volt with those points rather than spending a couple bucks, because I didn't want to have to rely on the RNG complying doing a ton of survival missions. I don't even know what the drop rate for those parts is, but I only got the helmet in the 60 or so hours I've played and with 90% of the map cleared. If the points could be gathered over multiple missions types it would reduce the tedium of doing the same mission over and over too, thereby decreasing marginal propensity to buy plat.

**That is, unless the point value of stuff was loving astronomical like they are in :doh:Hawken:doh:. If it was like that I probably wouldn't even be playing this anymore!

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 24, 2014

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Vabaun Chasses piece up on alert now.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Daric posted:

I'm kind of working my way through Jupiter right now (which, as Volt, is pretty easy) but are Defense missions the best way to grind mods and money? They seem like it for sure if you can get a good group.

Also, I was going to try to farm Vay Hek for the Oberon blueprints but every time I play that mission, after we kill him, 2 or 3 more of him spawn. Is that normal? Sometimes there's 4 Vay Heks running around in that area.

Yeah I think they made him do that because they hadn't figured out a better gimmick for the fight yet. You can always tell which one is the real one because his HP is already reduced. You don't get anything from killing the clones.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Synastren posted:

If they did that, then that would functionally make Stalker the Grineer-specific ambush boss, which would be exceptionally problematic, I think.

ed: Didn't they introduce Harvester because Corpus would always win invasions?

I generally pick Grineer if the reward is identical because gently caress dealing with shields and helmets, though the buggy rear end laser doors which you can slide through sometimes and the other times you get stuck inside in a knockdown loop that drains all your shields can go right to hell too.

Also, now that I've completed the solar map and beat the last boss in the Orokin Derelict I beat the game now I guess?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I also love trying to figure out justifications for some of the missions you're doing, which seems to make no sense at all. Like a sabotage mission in a grineer base that's already completely overrun with infested.

"The Grineer have been mining the nearby moons for alloys and stuff and we can't allow this."

Oh really? Kind of seems like all the monsters that killed everyone stopped them first. But then! There was an objective change halfway through which made it into an exterminate mission, which actually made sense!

I kind of wonder if that kind of thing is planned, because other missions have you going to assassinate some dude that's surrounded by a ton of monsters who would normally be eating him alive first thing.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah that's another thing I don't get. You're supposed to be on ships in most of the missions right? How are there a bunch of rock caves and open air areas on these ships?

I guess you can kinda rationalize the life support getting turned off by there being a tiny shielded atmosphere around the open areas or something, but yeah.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

wid posted:

Maybe the rest got theirs damaged when we kill them.
The best part is the Infested having their own personal life support system. Well, I guess you could stretch it and say those are owned by the person before they got infested.

Yeah, but how do they disable the life support system to "choke you out"? Their AI is pretty bad in comparison to the other enemies, so I doubt they're supposed to be smart enough to access a computer system.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Your stuff is saved on their servers, so even if the game blew up your PS4 you would still have it.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I believe the stalker spawns at a level +15 of your highest level weapon, so if you have lower level stuff it will be easier for your teammates to kill him. He'll probably just murder you instantly if you try to take him on yourself unless he bugs out or something.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Oh my god why is the new hud shaking around when I turn? Who the hell thought this vomit inducing poo poo was a good idea?

**There's an option to turn it off, thank god.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 6, 2014

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
There's a LOT of items in this game that are just downright terrible in comparison. Like the Spectra, which requires clan research and then a forma to craft, and runs out of ammo in about 10 seconds, while doing garbage damage and requires you to point it at your enemy the entire time without wavering. I tried a ton of other weapons before I picked up a Penta, and jesus H the game is trivialized now. It has 540 loving grenades and can take out hordes of enemies in one shot.

Have to wonder if their supposed self-congratulatory lack of a design document is what leads to these gross and obvious imbalances.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

pyromance posted:

I think it might be subbing in cores/credits for rewards that anyone in the group has made. My friend and I needed the bronco prime receiver and burston prime stock to finish those and we got those really easily, but anything that one of us has completed just doesn't seem to show up.

I don't think so, because I was using Mag Prime and had a Mag Prime Systems blueprint in the my inventory already, but I still got another one from T3 survival.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Sentinels get kind of annoying because if they kill something you don't get ANY experience for it, and if their level and weapon is maxed that exp is wasted.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I've seen a lot of people running around with the bird, so I guess they're making decent money on it. But then again the type of people who want it RIGHT NOW are probably the type that wouldn't have a fully stocked clan anyways.

Also that tornado ult blows. Literally blows mods all over the place into pits and inside ceiling pipes, so I would probably never even use it unless it was in a completely smooth and enclosed area. Looking directly at one also quarters FPS so way to go DE?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Munnin The Crab posted:

I just downloaded this game to give it a shot, but I seem to be encountering a really sweet bug where the tutorial loops every time you get to the screen to chose your warframe. I'm getting really drat good at picking up that health orb though!

Skipping the tutorial also results in a loop.

Any ideas?

Initiate a scan for tachyon particles, The Lotus can pitpoint the location of the time loop.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
You don't have to be in a hurry to do much of anything in this game, because after a certain point there will be just about nothing left to do until DE gets around to adding new content for all their shiny new weapons and warframes to plow through. I finished the solar map a while ago, and basically just log in for alerts and invasions with good awards, or do yet another tower mission.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
There are only actually a couple weapons worth keeping, mainly Soma, Penta, and Galatine, which outclass everything else. The Penta in particular makes a lot of missions into snorefests that could be completed by a programmable controller or taping buttons down on your mouse (if that actually worked). Just look on here http://dpsframe.com/ and it will give you a good idea on what weapons are garbage. I think DE made OP stuff like the Penta on accident and are probably too scared of the blowback they would take if they ever brought them down into the stratosphere.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Vauban Systems blueprint alert coming up in about 3 mins on PC.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah those invasion missions get boring REALLY fast when you're required to do the same map 3-5 times in a row. I'd put up with it because the rewards were decent, but for less than half? Yeah gently caress that. It got to the point where there were some invasions for a free catalyst or reactor, and I'd just think about doing that map where you run through the energy tube to the outside of the ship for the 115th time and just turned off the game.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
PS4 will get the Oxium Osprey event and time to farm it just like the PC version did.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
:siren: Dead Eye alert on PC! :siren:

*It maxes out at +5 and +20% damage to sniper rifles only, so it's totally useless, yay!

(Rifle Amp works on all primary weapons (except shotguns apparently) and maxes out at +7 and +27% damage)

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 21, 2014

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
They'll still get blown up really quick from AOEs from Napalms and such.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: PC: Nekros Prime Blueprint, 10720 credits - E-Gate (Venus) | Interception (Infestation) - 12 minutes remaining :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

:siren: :siren: :siren: PC: Fecal Energy Siphon, 6390 credits - GoatsE-Gate (Mars) | Extraction (Corpus) - 122 minutes remaining :siren: :siren: :siren:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Just used a legendary core to make a max serration and sold for a ~200 plat :cool:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Improbable Lobster posted:

Valkyr's new helmet has her wearing a Virtual Boy, which is cool.

Guess we know how Alad V tortured her then huh?

Also why she's always seeing red :rimshot:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
They recently "rebalanced" those interception missions a few days ago, and yeah it is really loving dumb. One of those ice leaders can take down a level 30 frame with fully boosted shields and health in a couple seconds, not to mention the Grineer have hitscan weapons.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
You can dodge roll through the lasers and only take a little bit of damage to your shield and not get knocked down on PC too.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
So, they nerfed the damage on the Cronus. DE knows the priorities here people.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Kind of seems like they spent those 2-3 months making absolutely sure most everything in this update was as dumb and convoluted as possible.

So we're building these solar rails to brand new unexplored systems that lead to... more missions fighting the Grineer or Corpus for some reason?

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 11, 2014

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
So um, these "Dark Sectors" that supposedly haven't been explored in forever somehow have pristine, functioning Corpus gas cities built in them complete with corpus propaganda banners, etc. :ughh:

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 14, 2014

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Patware posted:

I'm really hoping they put in a new tileset for them.

Just about anything that's not a blatant copy-paste would be nice. But perhaps that's asking too much from a team that just (tried) to put in deteriorating crafting materials and the most basic of new content locked behind hours or farming.

I remember when SquareEnix made these fantastic "New Dimensions!!" for Final Fantasy XI, and all they were was the existing zones used for towns that had the NPCs replaced with monsters with inflated stats. You had to farm these town zones for months to get armor and like a million alternate dimension coins to get your best weapon. Even that was more inspired than 'Dark Sectors'.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 14, 2014

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
If anyone hasn't noticed yet, you can get some Easter colors for one credit from the shop right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Well no one has anything better to do with the hilarious amounts of useless crafting materials and credits they've stockpiled after running every mission in existence a zillion times completing their weapons.