Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Are there any other significant issues with BG2EE?
The most significant new bug that springs to mind is that sometimes the game crashes when saving, and you end up with a saved game that looks completely black with no party members but can still be loaded. If you do load this save a lot of variables are reset and quests will start bugging out.

VVVVV oh :downs:

gdsfjkl fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011

Baron Bifford posted:

It's laughable how you can get people to transform their personalities with a few dialogue lines. I hear you can actually turn Dorn good, and he's a loving blackguard.
You can't turn Dorn good. He can become a fallen blackguard if he kills his patron as well as the monster looking to replace his patron, because if he does he doesn't have any source of blackguard powers anymore.

I think my least favourite character in the EE content is CHARNAME. There are so many dialogues where they not only repeatedly interrupt people who are speaking to make "funny" quips, they also constantly answer questions that aren't even directed at them.

Seriously Rasaad, Neera, Hexxat and Dorn have all told me to shut up already but there is never an option to do so, and other npcs' speeches are frequently broken up into the same completely unnecessary dialogue choice after every line:

1. Yes, I'd like to progress
2. I am funny
3. Now die!

I already said I'd help when we first met! Why do I have to make the same choice over and over again?

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011

verybad posted:

I think grandmastery gives an extra ½ attack in EE, so it's pretty decent actually (and there's a note about dual-class proficiency exploit being removed in the BG:EE 1.2 patch, though I'm not sure what exactly that means).
I can confirm that the BG:EE grandmastery gives +3 to hit, +5 damage and +1 full attack per round. You can also still place proficiency points into weapons like you were still a fighter, so whatever the proficiency exploit is it wasn't that, I guess?

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011

Hughlander posted:

Dorn, Neera, Rasaad, Jeihara, Minsc was a party I was thinking of but I keep waffling.
Don't forget there is also a secret new sorcerer NPC in BG1, although I don't think they have a personal quest.

Ranger/Cleric is pretty ridiculous and stays that way for most of BG2. It also works well with all the new NPCs since none of them are divine casters.

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

Hey is shadowdancer backstab broken? With a 3x backstab modifier I was getting backstabs for 8, 11, 11 damage etc.. When my normal damage is listed at 7-11 damage. It said backstab for triple damage in the combat log but was still only doing 11 damage.
Strength bonus isn't multiplied when you backstab, only weapon damage and other bonuses (proficiency, assassin's +1 damage)

Factor_VIII posted:

You need to walk up right behind an enemy's back, then attack. Enemies without a back, such as oozes, cannot be backstabbed.
Actually oozes can be backstabbed :v:

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011

John McCain posted:

You got a lovely damage roll (either a 1 or a 2) to begin with. Longsword +1 will do 1d8+1 base, so the minimum Backstab x3 non-crit is 6 (before strength and other additions) and the maximum is 27.
Yeah, this. I assume the backstabbing character has 18 strength, so a roll of 1 gives (1+1)*3+2 = 8 damage, while a roll of 2 gives (2+1)*3+2 = 11 damage. Try again!

edit: If you want to avoid crappy backstab rolls, a dual-classed Kensai/Thief can use Kai and still have time to try to backstab before stealth breaks. I think the Kensai damage bonus also gets multiplied by the backstab, and I'm certain the grandmastery proficiency bonus does.

gdsfjkl fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 27, 2013

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011
I've been wondering since I was little, who are the people in the Shadows of Amn emblem supposed to be?

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011

Corvinus posted:

I found this, but does Wilson get fighter HLAs?
Wilson does get fighter HLAs! Hardiness helps him survive but he is still pretty much made out of paper. Also, he can break some dialogues when he's supposed to speak.

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011
I tried recruiting Keldorn with Dorn in my party and I got a dialogue that (I think) always leads to one or the other leaving the party and attacking.

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011
I always wondered about the morningstars. Even if crushing someone's skull apparently doesn't draw blood, I'd imagine hitting someone with a whole bunch of nails would.

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011

bunnielab posted:

So in the middle of chasing the Docks district murder, Dorn decided it was time to gently caress my male PC. Being a CN Fighter/Cleric and Dorn's good murderbro up until now I went along with it but like, I don't remember any lead up to this at all. I assume I did miss something?
That is the exact same place he asked me for it, too :v: With the murderer in plain sight even!

vvvv What of it :colbert:

gdsfjkl fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 5, 2014

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011

Wingless posted:

I have no problem with characters giving me sass, it is more the fact that I'm occasionally forced to say something I don't want because I have three options, all of which are variations of "Duuuur, I stupid" and then get punished for sounding stupid. I wasn't keeping track of it as it happened so I can't give specific examples, but there were definitely several occasions where I found myself thinking "I don't want to say any of these things".
Yeah, this is a big problem with the EE writing that I really don't think is present in the original game's content. At least not anywhere near to the same degree.

One example that springs to mind is during Rasaad's SoA quest, when you're trying to find out where the temple is by listening to a person holding a recruitment speech. After every single line in the speech you have to either sarcastically shout "YEAH THIS IS SO GOOD WOW I LOVE IT PREACH IT WOW" or make a "funny" quip about how you're going to kill the person holding the speech and then attack. Rasaad is understandably pretty miffed when you don't take his quest seriously but there's no option to do so.

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011
BG:EE also comes with a pregenerated fighter named Abdel, but he is chaotic good with str 17, dex 14, con 16, int 10, wis 12 and cha 14.

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011
Fortunately, you don't even need mods - there is an option somewhere in the menus called "rest until healed".

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011
Does BG:EE multiplayer still crash almost instantly if you have more than two people in a session?

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011

netcat posted:

Excellent. Yaga-Shura seems to be bugged in BG2:EE so his invulnerability is never taken away.

What version of it do you have? Killing Yaga-Shura worked fine for me with the steam release.

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011

Kubla Khan posted:

* Want to play a spellcaster with proper hotkeys, like in vanilla? Screw you, fella! Time to go clicking around the menus. No, seriously, why did they CUT the hotkeys interface that was so readily available in vanilla?!
Actually, EE still lets you set hotkeys! The button for it is at the top of the Gameplay options screen.

VVVVV Oh, sorry. That does kind of suck!

gdsfjkl fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 24, 2014

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011
In EE, Drizzt stops attacking the gnolls to kill you if you threaten him. And then, even if you run away or turn invisible, Drizzt still doesn't attack the gnolls. This is apparently getting fixed in the new patch, whenever it gets released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011

memento mori posted:

So I'm playing through bg1 and I level up viconia with a proficiency in flail/morning star. Turns out she doesn't have the strength for these weapons. If I was playing on my computer I'd just use a save editor but I'm playing on my phone. Are there any items I can go find that boost strength a couple points? I think she is short 2...
If you're playing BG:EE, there's a belt that sets your str to 19 and your int to 6 at some point in Rasaad's personal quest.