Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Holy Cheese posted:

Anyone else get framerate problems? I set all of the .exe to run as admin and that seems to have helped but, seems odd to have such a problem with a 2d game. Not too worried as obviously this is beta so things will change.

I have to launch mine in safe mode (OpenGL) otherwise the game will eventually crash. Maybe that'll help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Slime posted:

Attention everyone: Rainbow Wood can be found on desert planets. I have 2000 pieces of it, which will give me 6000 planks. I think...I might build something with it. But first I'm going to have to jet off into space and fight some worthy decorations for my fabulous castle.

It also can't be used as loving fuel. Ugh. :(

S.J.
May 19, 2008

So I was chopping trees down on an ice planet for fuel. Rather than wood they just gave me ice.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Mintergalactic posted:

I had the same thing happen to me on a couple jungle planets with plant fibers and giant flower petals. It's a nice touch that trees don't just give you wood when they're clearly not made out of wood.

It kinda sucked when I was out of fuel and couldn't find anything to use for it :(

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Bigup DJ posted:

So is this game worth buying? I was going to get it for my brother but I hear it's a bit tedious.

The game just started an early beta test. There's really nothing concrete to say right now other than it's kind of like Terraria in space.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

http://playstarbound.com/the-future-of-starbound/

Spaceship combat would be frigging boss. It'd be like FTL on steroids, really hope they can put that in. I also like the additions to town building (and environmental hazards) because a challenge and reward for building up a base would add a lot to the game for me.

Spaceship Dungeons is literally all they had to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Starhawk64 posted:

You aren't traveling through space correctly unless you play the Doctor Who theme between FTL jumps. :colbert:

What the hell is a doctor Who?

• Locked thread