Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009

Mental Midget posted:

Why is everyone so dismayed at the survival part of a sandbox survival game? Isn't starting out with jack and clawing your way up to eventually be a tiny God the whole point of the genre?

To some people its the building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

VDay posted:

I will give real world money to the first person that recreates the SpaceBalls Winnebago Eagle V in this game and lets me fly around in it while listening to sweet jams.

oh my god, this needs to happen.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I'd really love it if the Ship's Hold was character specific so I had some place to hide my precious instruments on multiplayer servers.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Arsonide posted:

If you pay attention closely they use several tricks over the course of the video. For instance, the last few chords in the video don't come from the band that is walking. If you listen closely to the stereo panning you can hear that the sound is coming from a point behind them...possibly a second band buried under the surface for the sole purpose of having those last few notes perfectly synchronized.

If you go fast enough you can outrun your own song.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Well, technically you can do that in real life too. Realism! :v:

Yeah but the speed of sound in starbound is pretty slow. :v:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Reiley posted:

With a range of -99999999 to 99999999 for both X and Y as your planet seed there's potentially 288,441,413,567,621,200,000 different planets per sector, assuming Alpha and Beta and so on seed from the same coordinate differently.

Except there's definitely empty coordinates in a Sector, it most likely assigns a sector onto the coordinate.

KoB
May 1, 2009

No Safe Word posted:

Just play, guys. There may or may not be a character wipe, but the intro stuff doesn't take that long anyway, so .. just play.

Or dont! Play it however you want, even if that means not playing! Who cares?

KoB
May 1, 2009
Im mostly upset about the wood thing because they should be absolutely pushing jumping from planet to planet as often as you want. Making it more of a grind is just stupid.

KoB
May 1, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

Why have fuel at all? In fact, why have any progression at all? Why not just give you every armor and weapon right from the start so there's none of this tedious "collecting" and "fighting" and "crafting?"

Youre totally right. There should even be a fuel for walking, like you have to constantly press Q to breathe in order to fuel your body to walk. But maybe thats too easy, it should probably be a little tedious, so maybe you have to stop every once and a while to catch your breath.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Has anyone seen a ship mod that makes it one of the airships?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Doc Dee posted:

Found a Pulse Jump tech on my starting planet, is there anything I have to do aside from eat the blueprint and go back up to my ship to use it? It doesn't seem to want to let me equip it.

Eat Tech
Go to Techs on ship
Lock it in
Open Inventory
Select Tech
Double Jump.

KoB
May 1, 2009

sword_man.gif posted:

For some reason Aegisalt at least shows up in the crafting table.

Everything after Platinum is on the robo-Table.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Bazanga posted:

How the hell are people finding decent weapons? I'm in T4 right now and I have fully upgraded racial armor but my weapons don't do poo poo damage to anything. I'm at the point where I'm trying to summon and beat the Jelly boss but I can't even damage him. The only guns I've been able to find were from a random planet that had an Avian airship gun merchant and they don't seem to do much damage at all. I've been digging around like crazy looking for bosses and dungeons but haven't found any. Are there certain planet types they are more likely to spawn in or something? Maybe I've just been unlucky.

I cheesed all the bosses by summoning them on the avian ships, the pirates do most of the work.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

You need to fully zoom out on the starchart before you punch coordinates in.

Then select the planet in the center of the starchart. Dont hit the big button yet. The coordinates only link to a star system, you need to zoom in and select a planet to travel.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Malek posted:

If you hit a wormhole between jumps, then this is appropriate. Not just for HyperLudicrous-speed. :colbert:
:colbert:

KoB
May 1, 2009
Im trying to use the mining laser posted earlier, but Im not sure how to merge the player config file. Just pasting it in causes my game to not load.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Did they mention fixing instruments? Because otherwise this game is dead to me :colbert:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

God, not this loving argument again. It never goes anywhere, and I don't think the devs are going to change their minds about pickaxes. If you don't like it, mod it.

Its just dumb to have the low tier drills in the first place, like he said. Pickaxes should go up to, say, diamond, then switch to drills for the rest of the tiers.

KoB
May 1, 2009
May as well just cut to the chase and make a race of butt-bots.

KoB
May 1, 2009

m.hache posted:

:aaaaa:

I thought there was a bug because I was putting the wood directly into the fuel depot and it wasn't registering. I had no idea you had to convert it to coal first (Let alone be able to convert it.)

You used to be able to throw wood straight in there. They updated it to not work, then updated turning wood to coal.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Possibly A Ghost posted:

This is the ultimate goal to which the SA Starbound modding community must aspire. There is no greater purpose in this world or the next.

Even better if the on-screen text chat replaces random words with butt.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Does anyone have a new coordinate doc?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Davoren posted:

Am I missing something with sector X, or is it always supposed to murder you horribly? I just kitted myself out in full aegisalt complete with weapon, and it'sstill a struggle to explore.

X is threat levels 5-10 and isnt perfectly balanced.

KoB
May 1, 2009
How do I add fuel to my ship? I need to go to the Gate but I cant add fuel to the ship. Did they move where you add fuel? It should be the panel behind the chair, right? It wont let me access it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Saxophone posted:

I think I sequence-broke my game. I collected the core crystals, upgraded my ship with them, and then got the quest for it. So it looks like I have to go mine 20 more of those dumb crystals?

its not broken, but yes. you need 20 in your inventory for the quest.

• Locked thread