Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How much is the minimum fuel to make a jump to another planet, and does it cost a proportional amount to distance to fly back home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

What's the deal with this big overhaul? This thread moves retardedly fast

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

You shouldn't have to just dig down doing absolutely nothing for whatever amount of time to find cool caves and poo poo. That isn't really fun. Also how do I find prisons and towns and stuff like you guys are talking about? Just have to explore for long enough either left or right on a planet?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Where's the bow file at? Bows really suck so I'm going to make them do 1000 damage so I can be a space hunter.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

maketakunai posted:

Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets\items\guns\test\
bow.gun
ironbow.gun
steelbow.gun
titaniumbow.gun

It doesn't seem editing the power does anything to the damage. Anyone know how to up the damage on these bad boys?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

maketakunai posted:

There are only recipe files for bow, ironbow, steelbow, so it's probably just not finished. The titanium bow only differs from the steel bow in that the fireTime is 2 instead of 0.5 (which the other three bows have), it's level 10 as well.

The only difference between the bows besides the images/descriptions are the level, so cranking it up would probably work, though with the current system you'll probably end up one-shotting everything.

Cranking the level or the power? I have the power at 15000 on my iron hunting bow and I'm pretty sure it still does the same damage somehow.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Coal is pretty much everywhere though, and apparently soon in even larger quantities. Even with something as meager as a copper pick you can swim through giant deposits. How fast are you guys trying to blitz through this game?

Yeah I can understand complaining about like plat being hard to find... But coal? That shits everywhere, even on the surface.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

How do you modify what's in your starting chest?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Anyone got some coords to a cool beta planet I could check out? My pixels are low and the avian hell beasts are still tearing me apart in silver armor.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

So how do you make this light backpack thing that came in the new patch?

Also how does adding a mod that changes the layout of your ship affect what's in your ship at the moment?

Bob NewSCART fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Dec 7, 2014

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I asked a little while ago but I'll ask again, how does adding mods work with existing saves? I.E what happens if you have a ship with a bunch of stuff on it, and then you add a mod that changes your spaceship and load that character up?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

There is a fuckload of mods now. Could I get some recommendations? Also they fully work on mac right?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

There should be a small indicator that points in the direction of friendly life/a settlement. I feel like it's still way too up to chance if you find anything even remotely cool at all in hours of repetitive digging through blocks of dirt or find a city, a dungeon, a settlement and a temple all back to back in like 20 minutes. Obviously planets are randomized so you're not going to be getting tons of crazy poo poo happening all the time but it would be at least nice to get notified of something cool going on around you. Make it a tier 2-3 tech called a GPS or something.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Naming my next character The Prolapser

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

IAmTheRad posted:

:getin: :rock: :flame:

Do I need to say any more?

Holy loving poo poo

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Desideratus posted:

Just so everyone is on the same page, this is one of the new projectile types from my Combat Overhaul mod.

No prob, I'm happy to help; I'd actually love a trip report of multiplayer EE, as far as I know nobody has extensively hosted an EE server yet. As always, drop me a line if you find any bugs or other weirdness, and I'll have a fix out within an hour of seeing your message :)

:effort:

[farnsworth]Good news everyone![/farnsworth]
The thing I'm working on now has this, as well as a batch-smelter and batch-refinery. I'm currently having an issue with getting recipes to show up, but fear not: I am working on it!

How does the first fix, the one for melee hitboxes, work in reality? Because I have noticed that melee combat is pretty weird in this game, but not that it's too easy, more that it's just really weird and I kind of just flail around and take damage and hit things until they're dead hoping they don't hit me. Does it fix that or?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

dog kisser posted:

Armor up to T4 done! Its actually super fun to mix and match armor until you get something that looks neat. Also, I'm not totally sold on the coloring of the T2 armor (the brown one). Any thoughts?

Those armors look great. May I ask what this is for? I haven't been keeping up with the thread too much but I know the goon modding scene is going well and that looks awesome

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

What's happened with the game since it's been released to the public?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I'm feeling a very strong to neutral maybe on this hame

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I AM BRAWW posted:

I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Some toilet transformers in this thread I'll tell you that

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Sounds like my ex wife

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Win

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Ernie Muppari posted:

i used to post updates

Honestly it takes like three seconds to type playstarbound into youtbhurgtb bbthhtthhrhththtbtth

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Robot Randy posted:

pyf anthros was a good thread

This thread is the best

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

We fucjed up a lot of out previous estimate dates but the game will be out by 2013! :lol:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

it's me now fucker

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

This thread Goes The gently caress In

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

So this game dark souls had good combat,. I guess well copy something about it that doesn't really make sense because we have no idea what the gently caress is going on anyways

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

0lives posted:

if I were ever on the xboxpants side of an argument I would have to do some deep thinking about my position and life choices

Id kill you, for your own good and well being.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I bet the inside of the game studio is really cool and fun

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

oddium posted:

"This game is bad" - me

"Throw me a bone, game development is ruff" - dog dev

":shobon:" - me

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

The win in this thread is reaching critical mass

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Slime posted:

Would you say it's almost epic?

I would say it's epic, my friend.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Hey... Have I told you about ... Star bound ? :smugmrgw:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Rrussom posted:

No, but tell me, Who is this "4 Chan" !?

Doesn't exist... Reminds me of something else

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Turns out we actually just like getting drunk and playing video games.. Not actually making them, too bad it took all your money for us to figure that out. Cya later poo poo lords!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Eight months

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Did they make it so you can change your drop point on a planet yet?

Every night man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

poo poo and dumps

• Locked thread