Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
So what's a planet seed with a good glitch town? I want to see more that the game offers me and I can't find one no matter how hard I look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I love that we live in a world where apparently frequent changes to fix a thing are now considered bad design.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Is there a mod to make a hat that I can put in my social slot so I can see my character's head while I have actual armor on?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I think the cloning process may be bugged.

Requesting a mod to make this an actual hairstyle.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

peepsalot posted:

The upgrades don't go away when you use them in MP, so just use them again in SP? Actually mine seemed to carry over fine without having to use again.

The metal upgrades aren't used up, but the sector ones are.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Onion Knight posted:

I loved MShadowy's Vagyr-esque ship, but I wanted a bigger one so I got started on a solidly frigate-sized one. Maybe I bit off too much. Oh well.

I don't think I'm going to make a custom race for it, but I'm hoping I can make a solid collection of ships and maybe create a rare dungeon that acts as a shipyard storefront of sorts. I'll have to see how ship upgrades are implemented in the future.

This seems more Hiigaran to me than Vagyr. Maybe it's just the solid colors and the white stripes. It still looks really cool, though.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Babe Magnet posted:

If I were to upload my mod somewhere that isn't the Starbound forums, where would you guys recommend it? I might share it in a bit when I finish tidying up the codexes.

I usually use Dropbox for this sort of thing but I don't know how much traffic I could get to this link.

Mediafire for sure.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
So I made a new character and I'm trying to get the customizable ship mod to work. It was updated today, so I figured it should work. When I load it, it says that it's for Angered Koala where the version of Starbound is Angry Koala. I change it in the modinfo to Angry Koala and the game hangs on the chucklefish logo. Anyone got an idea how to fix that?

Edit: Also, would it kill them to make the version names more distinct? It really gets a bit confusing.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Is the mod site not working for anyone else? I keep getting a bad gateway error from it.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
So is there a new coordinate file? I've been looking for airships for Blackbeak the Dread Pirate Parrot.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Also if the modification makes it lovely for whatever reason, you don't want that reflecting back on the author. If you just made a mod for the mod, it'd be fine, but if you're directly changing the mod, you're passing off your own work as someone else's.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I really don't get why people are do annoyed at this. It placates the idiots and doesn't really effect cool people. Why is it such a big loving deal?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
It's almost like they said that steam allowed them to daily update and not that they would always do it.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I know I never rush through breakfast quickly. It's always a slow process and takes forever. I can't even think of a reason why someone would rush through breakfast.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Do we have a new coordinate map for this patch?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

dog kisser posted:

My main problem is that I'm making villages, though - THOSE need to look semi-decent, and I'm less good at that.

Why don't you release the blocks and see if someone builds something great and then ask them to use it?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

dog kisser posted:

I'm not sure that that's possible, actually - the same damage that breaks objects is what breaks blocks. I'll look into it.

But storage containers and the like take a poo poo ton less damage to break than normal blocks, right?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Arkanomen posted:

What big crawled up your rear end? I don't want my money back, but I'm not buying another chucklefish game again. Basically the game is dead. I'm disappointed because I contributed more than that to game I felt excited about. However the devs have shown inexperience and I don't have confidence they will produce anything that will revive the game. The dev doc screen cap was another wasted opportunity to prove the game had life. I don't think I'm off are here. It's basically mass effect 3 all over again.

Why do you keep saying the game is dead? It's updating consistently in the nightly builds.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
You're acting like 5k people playing a game is some huge blow to an indie developer. That's better than standard really. Especially when the game's still in EA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Scratch-O posted:

The best feature of 1.0 is that it'll probably keep you idiots from shooting limp-dicked gamer burns at each other for a week or so

I give it two days at most.

• Locked thread