Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I like the caveman tier.

I actually wish you couldn't just jump around with wood, your ship should be busted so you're forced to tech advance to the point where you can repair it.

If you want jet packs out the gate the play another game I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Orange_Lazarus posted:

Ok, so I've currently finished the first set of quests and I've crafted my way up to a gold pickaxe and some silver armor. I'm not sure what to do now beyond exploring (I still don't know what I need to do to refuel my ship) the only pressing question I have atm is how do I survive the underground heat?

Coal, wood.

(Those fuel the ship, not protect you from underground heat.)

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Emy posted:

First question: no, without mods all the beds have the same regen.

Second question: right click with planks.

Do you count the interrogation table as a bed?

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

CountingWizard posted:

Have they implemented ocean planets and submersibles yet?

I don't know how submersibles are going to work because the current water mechanics stress the server out a lot whenever it's flowing somewhere.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I really need bigger ships and customizable ships to be an official feature. Unlike Terraria where you could build a base for yourself, the coordinate and fuel mechanics mean that your ship needs to be your base, and it needs to be so much more. My beta feedback is that it's the most important feature currently missing in the un-modded game..

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Hakarne posted:

I really want to play this, but I'm trying to hold off until they're past the character wipe phase. Do we know if there will be more wipes? If so, have they given a timeframe for when characters might be safe?

Yes, probably several.

No.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Angry Diplomat posted:

I agree that extremely cold planets are terrifying, though. There's nothing quite like farting along with one arrow of negative temperature, occasionally pausing to warm up by a fire, and then having night fall and suddenly the screen is white and you're freezing while standing literally inside of your bonfire and you panic and mash the teleport button but it's too late and your frozen corpse explodes the instant it arrives on your teleport pad.

This makes for a great horror movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Shnooks posted:

Are all game communities this dramatic? I just play the game because I like playin' games.

The short answer is yes.

For everything any developer does in a game there will be vocal minorities proclaiming that the world is ending, the game is dying, it used to be so much better in some fictional golden days, etc.

• Locked thread