Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

This can be an actual plot some day.

I actually want that plot now. "Anime creatures are aliens that come from a really screwed up dimension, why do you think their eyes are so drat big?" and of course go from happy cutesy stuff to tentacles, lots of tentacles. The amount of wrongness and hosed-upness that could appear in such an episode would make it entirely viable. In fact, it seems like a perfect fit with this show.

KoRMaK posted:

It's like finding out that you like a show because its fun and not tedious, and then you go hang out with other people who also like the show and you think it will be a similiar expeireince to the show: fun and not tedious.

But instead you get there and its not fun and IS tedious.

See: bronies for another example of "not being in the spirit of the show"

As kind of an outsider on this thread I agree. I basically found the show and binged it and expected people to be like the Archer thread used to be, mostly talking about animation and poo poo, not trying to analyze characters or try to put logic to the purposely illogical.

As it stands the best thing this thread did is make me aware of the (honestly pretty terrible) old short and origin of the show. I kind of want to see the old shorts between "One joke: Lick my balls" and what the show became, apparently there's a bunch of them.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bean posted:

So, dumbass here fell asleep during the episode. Apparently it's locked on AdultSwim.com, and they don't take my Time Warner Cable credentials because of course they don't.

That needs to die. The last grasp of cable companies to try to monopolize their bullshit.

At least I honestly think the death of this is coming faster than expected after the stock market back lashed over cable.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Brightman posted:

Sadly, yes. Looks like season 2 is just 10 episodes.

I will take high quality / less episodes over stretched thin / more episodes any day of the week.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CelticPredator posted:

let me settle this.

This should be a concept board for a scene

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm surprised nobody's mentioning the fact that there was a scene clearly showing Birdman and Tammy's bird-human?-hybrid baby being fed at the wedding. Bird Man Jr. totally has to figure in.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What's your favorite episode in the show's run thus far, and why?

Mortynight Run. I'm surprised that's not on most lists, but I have a soft spot for characters who consistently make things worse the more they try to make them better. Top that off with the whole Roy sequence and the dark as hell ending (not just the gun down, but all the needling afterward from an oblivious Rick), it was just great.

Who's your favorite side character?

Jerry won me over; for the first several episodes all I could hear is Cyril from Archer, but now if I watch Archer, all I hear is Jerry from R&M.

Do you have a favorite joke/gag/line from the show?

Also from Mortynight Run, the sequence where the antimatter cloud creature decides to start singing the same happy love-for-all song while obliterating the entire police force around them, was gold.

What's your least favorite episode, and what could have been done to redeem it in your eyes?

Going to have to go Cable 2. The B-Plot didn't die in nearly as well with the A-Plot as it did in the original episode, which elevated it. Without that here, it brought it down. So with the majority on this one. It wasn't that awful, though, and did have some redeeming parts. Also I don't think Get Schwifty deserves all the hate, it had some pretty funny stuff in there (The President in particular); the songs were dumb, but they were supposed to be dumb parodies of Earth music made generic for aliens.

Hazo posted:

I was watching it at a friend's house with a bunch of people (since we were all trapped there after watching football and drinking all day and a flood emergency was declared), and when Bird Person was shot literally three people immediately shouted "BIRD PERSON NO" before Rick shouted "BIRD PERSON NO."

I am still impressed they had a wedding massacre episode and I've not seen a single comparison to the Red Wedding.

The second Bird Person mentioned all of them being terrorists, I knew it was going to end in a massacre, I just wasn't sure from where or how. I thought Tammy might bite it, not turn out to be a spy. I do love how it makes Jerry's incredibly logical questions actually make sense though, those people were way too cool with letting their teenage daughter marry an alien bird person.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 7, 2015

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

rydiafan posted:

Also, I never knew you could kill that thing. Can you seriously do it in the real game? :psyduck:

Yep you could, even in the original.

Invuln star, etc. worked on it. Jumping on it would kill you. In the video he kills it with a turtle shell, which also works. I can't remember if Fireballs could kill it; I don't think they could.

Also much like the cloud spikey spawner (not exactly a Mario expert on names unfortunately) I am 99% sure it would respawn if you hung out for too long on the map after you killed it.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 9, 2015

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fister Roboto posted:

The Gear Wars were related to, but not the same as the war Rick and his friends waged against the Federation. You see, during the Gear Wars,

Gears of War 4: The Gear Wars

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ElCondemn posted:

I know it seems like pandering, but watch Spaced and tell me Edgar Wright isn't sincere in his fanboyism.

Yep, though I admit the stuff he ended up doing with it in Spaced was pretty clever. That show is vastly underrated.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Megaspel posted:

I use a combination of software, RiftCat/VRidge, which cost like £10 I think, a custom FreePIE script that lets me scale space so I can move more with the limited amount I have, since I'm tethered through USB cables, it also lets me use the face buttons on the move wand to teleport in any direction; I even refreshed myself on trigonometry to correct the translation axis, but it seems to gently caress up when I change the correction angle from '30' for some reason? I use joy2Key for setting the psmove button to reorientate, I have to aim my head in a specific way to reorientate or it fucks up translation, beta Leap Motion Orion drivers. For the actual tracking of the psmove I use psmoveservice, which took a bit to get working, had to disable the unified remote service I had running and some other stuff, then I use psmoveFreePieBridge to pipe the psmoveservice data to freepie, which outputs it to freetrack which VRidge accepts for input, but it fucks up which means I have to do all that correction stuff I mentioned earlier.

I use blutac and tape to keep the cameras in place, and I had to use it to keep the lense of my headset in place because it broke on the trip from China.

PSMove cameras are super cheap, like £1.50 each from CEX, it's crazy. PSMove controllers have shot up in price though, probably because of PSVR, so I'm probably going to stick to the lovely vive emulation that the leap motion does until I can afford an actual vive.

I have no idea what you were playing on that setup but I hope you took Roy off the grid

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ballz posted:

Goddamn these are fuckin' great.

That is loving amazing.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn posted:

I just don't really care about the politics/habits of the creators of stuff I like if the stuff I like doesn't have their horrible poo poo in it

So far this scandal seems limited to "Guy follows rear end in a top hat I've never heard of on twitter."

So twisted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyLoon posted:

Jerry is deffo the perfect contrast that the show needs, and I'm not sure who'll take over his function if he's gone.

I doubt Jerry's leaving the show (I haven't heard anything about the actor departing). Likely he'll have his own arc separate from the main family, or we'll finally revisit the fact they probably have an alternate Jerry from Mortynight Run.

Powershift posted:

I kinda want to try that szechuan sauce now.

I wonder how much pressure it would take to make mcdonalds bring it back

They should totally do it next year when the live action Mulan happens

• Locked thread