Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Even slapping a wooden wall up is so worth it. Does not have to cover the map, does not have to be massive. Just something. You can build another lay out of stone later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Steam releases is usually at 16:00 GMT. So 17:00 for me in Norway. So I expect that and will be pleasantly surprised.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

My first colony is doing fine. Went with transhumanism, cannibalism and blindsight. Let me just say that medical work is really rough when your doctor is blind. 18% tend speed with 11 medical skill is harsh. 49% surgery chance.

My one dude with eyes have two mood debuffs though... One for being in the dark, and one for not being blind. Like, come ooon!

Absolutely love the dlc after one hour, cannot wait for more tomorrow.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Expect several mechanoid attacks as well, and sappers.

Imagine half of this basically, as he activated both the engine and the stellarch quest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNOfG_RX_m0

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Just to add on the "next expansion" talk, considering they are hiring a multiplayer developer, the next expansion is obviously going to be "Multiplayer"

The next will be vehicles with the Wheels expansion, no tanks allowed.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I last played before there was even a world map, how do I do a safe and small raid to get my pawns to chill out (-18 modifier atm due to ideology)? I only have like 6 pawns and if I send my fighty ones out for weeks I'll lose control of the slaves. I'm not sure how to even do it.

Do you have camps spawning around you? With just a couple of people? Those are your targets. Bring your slaves, they can try to punch, kick and bite your opponents. Or soak bullets. Just send out 2 colonists and 2 slaves vs 2-3 enemies.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

bitterandtwisted posted:

I only just found out about the auto-slaughter option, but I fear it's too late. The Rimworld will soon be overrun with chickens
My old pc's running at a crawl because all resources are dedicated to chickens.

Reminder that you are missing out on attack chickens with the latest update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcVt0iWqxFM

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Mood vegetables only work on your own pawns, not enemies. And enemies do not attack downed pawns, they kidnap them.

Edit: Can't excessive drug use cause brain damage?
Edit2: ingame*

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Frances Nurples posted:

Can someone explain to me what the "etherbonded" effect is? That colonist is also turning into a chicken, is this related?

Can't help with what it does, but it's from the Pawnmorpher mod to help you searching

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

cugel posted:

Until you need a throne room they do the ceremony wherever they please.

I think they will head to a party spot if you plop one down.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

EPOE might require that you do the first research in their tab before you can really do any surgery.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Insanity lances or berserk is amazing for "hunting" thrumbos. Let them fight and go kill whoever survives.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

I use priority 2 as their main task, 3 as their secondary task and 4 as their "do when free time" task. 1 is if I want something done right now. Firefighting is always at 1 for example.

This way, if I need a lot of hauling or cleaning done, I can just flip all their priorities to 1 and they will get on it.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Kafouille posted:

Modders are people and most of them do it because they enjoy the creative process. Nobody enjoys doing customer support, especially if your mod becomes popular and you end up with the same moronic question over and over and over and over again.

Yes, but does it work with CE?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Activate Dev mode in options and just delete whatever is ruining your colony if you want to keep playing with the cool toys. It is a single player game, do what you want!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

The Velvet Witch posted:

One time I accepted one singular male pawn into my all woman camp and they caught plague and became a misogynist lol

Did they have the incel background?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

If you enable development options in the settings, there is a thing you click that forces any raid to flee. Just use that for any fights you do not want to fight. It's one of the buttons at the top, but I can't remember which one. It's not in a sub-menu, so easy enough to find.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

If it's the same tree people mod that I tried, there is a +2700% modifier to growth, so the kids grow up in like 3 days. They go through growth moments more often the luciferium.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Wood and beer both used to count as weapons, but not sure if they still do. Either way, keep them out of your weapons locker and maybe wood storage?
Also lobotomize them. Or remove some bodyparts depending on what you use them for. They can haul with just one wooden peg leg.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

You are aware of deep drilling on no resources gives you rocks, right?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

I think sandstone is faster to build with. Limestone and slate is somewhere in the middle.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Don't need skills, passions or traits if you have double mining arms and all you do is stand at a drill. Give them a chair if you want to be nice, but who cares, they were grown to have drill arms and drill.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Having T-rexes and the "Hunt for me" mod is pretty fun. Just have giant dinosaurs roam the map murdering everything on it and bringing it neatly into your fridge.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Kestral posted:

I was given a gourmand who was super good at Intellectual and Plants, my two biggest needs. Sent him out on a wood-chopping expedition with a colony kid who's training Plants, and he got so hungry he burst out of his human skin and revealed himself as some kind of loving xeno doppelganger monstrosity that immediately tried to eat an eight year old girl. She got out of the cabin by the skin of her teeth, locked it inside, and held it off until an extremely angry psychic knight lady caravaned out at maximum speed, basically rode a horse to death, and cut the monster in half.

Rimworld owns, Merry Christmas.

I think that is a alpha animals Mimic. You can spot them by checking how much nutrition your colonists need, as they need quadruple of something. They change when they get hungry. You can turn it off in the settings.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Xenix posted:

You misunderstand. It was at a cozy temp for everyone last time I played. For some reason I can't figure out, the base is significantly colder than my freezer and I'm having to build heaters to keep everyone from losing fingers and toes while they sleep. Something in one of my mods is chilling the whole place and I can't figure out what!

Do you use Alpha Genes?
I think it has a gene that chills down the room the pawn is in to -20*C or something. Someone with the randomizer gene might get it, or it has been added to some pawns.
Might also have been another mod, I can't remember at this point.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Buy it and put in a bionic spine.

Funny how the same bionic spine fits both a rat and a brachiosaur, but I guess that is the future.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Do colonists get a mood debuff for using psychic shock lances on children? Cause that could solve that.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Haifisch posted:

Rock types:
Granite is strong, marble is pretty, sandstone is light, it ultimately doesn't matter that much what you have ime.

Those are correct, but none of them matters. An excellent marble statue won't have that much higher stats compared to limestone, it will still be in the hundreds. And for wall strength, none of them burn and whatever is going to break down your walls will do it fast no matter the material (breachers). For your killbox, any stone combined with plasteel behind where you shoot the enemies will give you more hp than any stone. I try to avoid slate because it makes everything so dark.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Doltos posted:

Alpha Animals has Fungal Husks which are just colony enders with how much damage they do and the rot they inflict. They're not even the most wtf things introduced with that mod compared to Arcturan Sky Eels. Doesn't matter how much armor your colonists have if they're all having heart attacks.

Pretty sure the solution to fungal husks is fire.
Now a gallatross is something you do not mess around with.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

they have like 80hp per limb and i don't think they feel pain lol

actually, that's a point. is there a way to generate flames if you don't have chemfuel?

Flamebow from raiders or traders. Impids? I think that's it. Molotovs are not that uncommon from raids either.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Custom scenario and change the construction success chance.

If you do it in a new game, you can then open the save games with a text editor like notepad++ and copy over the relevant part to your normal save.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

VideoWitch posted:

For some reason every so often I'll get traders who just don't leave and just have mental breakdowns and starve to death and I have no idea why. I installed a mod that lets me tell traders to leave but that doesn't even work!

Turn on god mode and click the x next to whatever condition in their health screen. You can also use dev mode to reset their mental state. Or just straight up delete them.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Kanos posted:

The biggest buff to defense is pawn multithreading letting you deploy the 10,000 angry chicken defensive setup.

https://youtu.be/wcVt0iWqxFM?si=xIOSHPgWVq94SQqk

Not quite 10.000, but still a few.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

isndl posted:

You know what else needs steel? Coolers and power! :v:

If you have Ideology, it adds some useful tools for dealing with harsh environments: Guaranlen trees can be efficient resource production if you can figure out how to safely prune them in that climate, and fibercorn is a new wood crop that can grow completely indoors (and with basic 50% lighting). Since you're going to be stuck under a mountain most of the time the Undergrounder meme with its associated bonuses is an obvious choice. Biotech gene-modding for heat resistance is also useful but that's more of a lategame thing (and you'll need a lot of steel to make a gene lab). Mechs have no issues with heat but you'll need... more steel.

You could probably have one colonist 'donate' a kidney to the guy about to lose one, if you have the medicine available. Better to get it off a raider if you can though.

Fibercorn is terrible. It's 2 wood per plant. If you need to rely on it, you are already hosed.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Redundant posted:

With my plan being to do a prehistoric run I want to ranch some big dinosaurs and get a little bit crazy with it. I suppose there's no immediate rush for that though and I can start small until I build up to sun lamps for as much food as I need year round. I can also feed raiders to my carnivore dinosaurs so I'm sure it will all work out. If it doesn't it can make for a fun collapse of getting eaten by my own pets.

I am going to miss cool dusters rather than lame parkas though.

Use the Big & Small gene mode and make your people immune to cold and heat, then you can dress them however you want!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Eight-Six posted:

My duplicate and the original person both developed "duplicate sickness" which the game said would be debilitating but not fatal. "Debilitating" means 10% consciousness for both pawns so long as both were alive. Farewell Pawn #2.

Isn't that low enough to kill with a smokeleaf? Let them go out while high as a kite.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

(Something) Deep Storage. It's great.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Jawnycat posted:

Makes me hope cherrypicker gets updated soon, so I can just selectively turn it off and clean the bloat out of some of my preferred mods like usual

When starting a game, you can edit the scenario and remove a bunch of events. I always remove the short circuit/zzzt event and solar flare.
If you want to add it to an existing game, create a new game with the stuff you don't want, then edit the save games and move it over. If you need further instructions, just post and someone will help you.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Inadequately posted:

Started tinkering with a new colony and tried my hand at making a custom xenotype for my colonists, but didn't get very far beyond 'what if absolutely gigantic snakeman' before I got bored and went back to my old colony.

Forgot about it for a bit, then I try my hand at a skip abduction ritual and

They were Unwaveringly Loyal, so I decided I'd just have my vampire chomp on them and turn them into a ghoul to see how that worked out.

Unfortunately I didn't get as far as putting in any notable drawbacks, so their metabolic inefficiency is through the roof and being so large means they require way more meat that I was able to afford. After a few battles I had to stick them into a cryptosleep casket, because they'd chowed down on every roaming animal on the map and were still hungry. Maybe once I build up a stockpile I'll let them out and have them chow down, then stick them back in and pull them out on special occasions.

Nuclear stomach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

The anomaly start specifically have a thing to put it close to your colonists on the start. You can edit scenarios and enable it. Don't think there is the same for the psychic tree.