Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
Applied as Heights, looking forward to getting better at this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
You can just open all your mail if you click the checkbox in the the upper left.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Al Borland posted:

Lol we have the bernie zaku and its as good as it was in the show.

No charge beam axe just a crappy no reach axe and am edicore bazooka

The zaku worker is better honestly.

I don't see any Santa Balloons here man how dare you even say it's the same.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

-Troika- posted:

I'm enjoying the Efreet Nacht way more than I thought I would. I dunno if it's the patch making everything move more smoothly or if it just clicks with me.

The Nacht's boost consumption went down with the patch I think, so even a silver one is viable now.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

randombattle posted:

Gundam Breaker 2 is really cool you guys.

I wish I could find out, my package is taking forever since I live in the middle of nowhere.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
Nah the Pixie is kind of a piece of poo poo. The Fred Pixie on the other hand gets the upwards movement from boosting that our nacht gets, with an extra boost attack, and has lest consumption on those boosts. If you see a little dot flying across the map at mach speed you are seeing a Fred Pixie.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

OrangeSoda posted:

Are any of the EX suits any good? I heard the Dom wasn't, but what about the two zakus?

The silver print for the HMT Gelgoog might be worth giving a spin if you're interested in a good frontline suit. Silver print won't get sturms but you could try to roll a combat custom one and get it to 3.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

Hey can we keep the GM Guard Custom unlocked as our feddie suit. I took that poo poo out for a spin and that shield+|everything is stupid. Even the machineguns are good when you realize you never are open to eat an unexpected bazooka. LONG AS YOU KEEP THAT SHIELD UP YOU GOOD. Also can we keep it max upgraded too?

I can buy it for a few weeks if someone is using it, the upgrades are just random when you unlock it per week though, so it's all luck based.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Cyrene_ posted:

Geez, those new suits look insane. I'd like to get my hands on that gelgoog marine. That gundam has an insane looking gun on its arm though. I have to ask, did these suits show up at all in the UC shows? I don't remember them at all.

Well the GP04 suit the feds got was what gets turned into the Gebera Tetra that Cima uses, and the Heavy Gundam is a Mobile suit Variations suit which is just some mecha nerd magazine i think.

Al Borland posted:

whats cima's radiation beam do? It shows it having 20,000 dmg.
Cima showed up in Stardust. The others are just bullshit the feddies get because gently caress you zeon. Welcome to the underdogs.

The Irradiation beam does to 20k a tick but it's range is like 180 so it's a get in boost attack range and murder dudes weapon.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

TheShadowAvatar posted:

Am I missing something? The language barrier seems really daunting here. I'm really interested but trying to navigate the japanese menus seems really tedious.

The language barrier if there, but most of the menus have either an english option, or for instance the back button always looks the same. If you enjoy anime robots it's not too hard to learn the menus once you get used to them after a little bit of play, just check out the english wiki and it has some of the harder stuff translated in images for you to figure out.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Quick switch giving a temporary damage buff to the weapon you switch to makes it not so terrible a trait anymore. Theoretically you could always have a damage buff going on a Gouf custom with quick switch trait, insta swapping between the heat rod and the gatling. It's not quite machine gun shooter trait but you could emulate that, as long as you keep insta-switching to keep the damage buff up. Perhaps quick switch went from the worst trait for the Gouf Custom to the best?

Is it just quick switch trait or the module? if just the trait do any shotgun units get it?

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
The GP02 seems like it could actually be useable once in a while now, while the Cima basically just :gizz: all the rounds of an FA out and fires the SA mode as fast if not faster than the 02, suit got even crazier.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

-Troika- posted:

Looks like the double heat hawks on the Action Zaku (Mallet type) cost 3 of those special modules to unlock the initial type, the others after that you just pay cash for normally.

Which ones are the best to use? DII?

The answer to that question will always be test all the types out in maneuvers until you find the one you like.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Al Borland posted:

top 4 numbers:
top left is times died
bottom left is kills
top right is base damage done
bottom right is assists

Nope, top left is sorties, top right is points made (probably with rank bonuses) deaths are not tracked.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

So I discovered a love for the guncannon captured suit and am gonna start getting higher end arty suits and working with that. I got a A-Type rating in a gold match just blowing poo poo up with teh cannon and the odd direct fire bazooka shot.

save up 30 exchange tickets and use it to buy the Greydon Cannon Zaku if you want a good shelling unit, you get missiles that do 2 shots for 350 base, the standard 850 dmg f bazooka, and decent howitzer/shelling options.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
The new arctic layout introduces what Toxic and I have come to call the Thunderdome, it went from one of the worst maps to like top 3 land maps :getin:

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Hope everyone's got DX tickets saved up... burnt most of mine on the last, don't regret it but I want these guys too :negative:

I think it's finally time to burn my 100 exchanges i was keeping hoping they'd release a char goog for 100, that puts me at about 50 dx ready for this poo poo.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

Dear friends, please unlock good space combat suits tia.

Hey man the ball is unlocked what do you want from us.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Al Borland posted:

First 10 tickets of the new box...

Red box rainbow

1. Gold Gelgoog M... :smithicide:
1. silver tetra.

Yeah you might as well just pull the trigger now.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Al Borland posted:

was that with the gouf flight?

Yes al he took the gouf flight type to a bao qu internal and got 45 kills, nailed it.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

thejacob posted:

so how about them freddy nerfs in zeta?

Truly the future is upon us Freddy and his friend Notch are getting put on the sidelines. :toot:

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Pimpmust posted:

e: Seems I did something right, because now it does present me with the server options in game.

Problem two is that there seems to be some sort of graphics bug, almost everything is textured... black? Some sort of shader bug?

I do see thruster and weapons fire though.

I think the graphics bug poo poo is from not having your computer in either JP time or unicode try those things.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

-Troika- posted:

Did this new patch inflict Downs' Syndrome on a bunch of EF players or something? I've been stuck in gold MM but I'm actually doing good.

Matchmaking is all sorts of hosed up right now, everyone is playing with everyone else because of a new rating system, expect it to probably change with the next maintence.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

randombattle posted:

Real talk though if there wasn't a ridiculous amount of poo poo coming out in a few days I'd get back in on this because this update sounds amazing.

Yeah i'm getting in a lot of gundam before monday night happens and then i forget it exists for a while.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Al Borland posted:

Who was it that said we wouldn't get the xamel? cause Booyah the ugly bug is here.

I said we better not get the Xamel because it's a barn door on hoverjets.

Al Borland posted:

AT least we'll get the hambrabis!

The marasai is a sleeve suit so who knows if we are getting titan poo poo, also the hambrabi doesn't really get anything unique anymore since the marasai got it's sea serpent.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Al Borland posted:

So i know our Unit 4 version was in the silver boxes before the change over.

I can't seem to find it though on the buy units for money thing they have now. Is it gone?

It is still a DX only suit and never stopped being a DX only suit so far.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Al Borland posted:

any new suits in the silver BC? Also any new DX on the way?

Next DX is next week, Gallus J and Hizack EWACs for us, and Galbady B, Hizack EWACs for the feds.

Also they added a few new weapons for some suits, Acguy gets a toddler arm flail melee and the coolest crouch in the game.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

I wish it was this instead :negative:

Nah, that's DX 33, 6 DX away man, tons of time to wait for that stuff.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Continuing with lazy as gently caress updates both sides share a suit, we finally get the geara zulu, they get the Jegan. The hizack's seem like they'll get a mk2 shotgun type of weapon, could be interesting but since they're all 320 cost I don't have any hopes for them.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
Well I tried the Silver zulu since i put in a single DX for one, It's a pretty great suit, the Sturms coupled with the melee it gets is basically a free kill most of the time. The Jegan looks like it's just a Gyan but 20 cost lower, which is kind of hilarious.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
It gets the MK2 8 pellet shotgun, albeit a beam version, so if you roll spray shooter you're good there, if you roll beam shooter you have a bunch of gatlings to use, including a dual gatling option. the funnels aren't super great at shooting someone actively dodging, but it seems like if you use them while moving in they can be decent.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

-Troika- posted:

How do I even use these stupid funnels

Don't even bother is the real answer, but if you want to try, you right click to start the lock, and every segment of that bar that fills up is a funnel that will fire when you left click afterwards (you have to keep the enemy in that circle the whole time, with no cover between you.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
Yeah it seems hosed up that the funnels are super terrible, they kind of just float in the air for a full two or three seconds before firing sometimes, just staying still and doing nothing.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
You say now as if that is a new thing, The game has been kind of bad since the proto gundam son.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
a lot of the time if they see you have no commander experience and you end up in a gold game they'll just kick you, also if you can't speak Japanese they will also kick you.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
The zaku flipper is a high cost support that can instantly revive a man at short range, moves suprisingly fast for a support, with higher quality weapons (as in healing guns and poo poo), and radar. If you want a support to fool around with go buy one out for 250k.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
I hope your character is on the shangri la server, because it not showing up is a good sign you are not.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
Qubeley got a funnel buff, they lockon and shoot quick enough that you can use them as weapons and enjoy doing so, it's a good time.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
The new Dx, Zeta and GM II for the feds, Bawoo and Matsunaga zaku for zeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

The Bunny posted:

Anybody have tips for melee? I suck at close combat. I have no chance fighting the gundams with the dual daggers.

For melee the best advice anyone can give you is buy every melee variation for your suit, and go into maneuvers to test it against either the ai, or a friendly healing post at one of the bases to learn how the swing works, and what the hit box is like. unless you are using a higher end melee suit you should probably open up with a bazooka f direct hit, which should stagger or kneel most targets (or knock them out of the air if airborne) and then you can combo with a regular swing. It gets a little boring but practice every swing for a bit so you know how the hit box works at all distances, a lot of the dash attacks only hit on one direction for most of the distance then end on a near 180 swing to the other direction. The other big piece of advice I can give is keep your shield up and try to get your balance pretty high if you want a dedicated melee suit, with good balance you can take a hit on the chin while only losing your shield, and then do a quick 180 and kill the guy.

• Locked thread