Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

The Sphinxster posted:

Her right hand is beyond hosed up too.

Not for a mutant with a big gaping maw like that it isn't...

Just kidding. Holy poo poo it's like she has a mitten for a hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

For lack of a more cohesive response...

:drat:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
So I have been ignoring 9CL during this whole whatever the gently caress nazis arc it's been doing but if he's supposed to be bleeding then I don't even know. It looks like he was covered in kisses in a cartoon or has a horrible rash or something. That or he ate ALL the pie.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

SubNat posted:

A Caricature of Motherhood

Thank you very much for all the Moomin comics by the way. This story line with all these Mymble siblings runnin around have just been great :3:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Oh nice they have dates for the OSU exhibit now :D I'm definitely going to have to set up a day to visit it. That Stirpped documentary sounds like it could be a fun thing too.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Say Nothing posted:

Phil's jaw gets longer with each cartoon strip. He should really get his pituitary gland checked out.

Really this might explain a lot of Phil's design changes in the last year if you think abotu it.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Hoover Dam posted:

Not only do they, there is one right by the MA-RI border. Gil's dad either lives in or drove all the way out to New Hampshire to get those fireworks yesterday, too.

We still have a couple around here but they're mostly in the middle of big fields so I don't know if you'd be able to watch them as easily as Gil's dad there.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

You know, maybe it's time for dodos to face extinction again...

Why would she possibly think that it was the dodos? Why would the dodos do this? Why does anything :smith:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Good a reason as any! I appreciate the diagram :)

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Midnight Moth posted:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

More fodder for the "Skip's on drugs" theory.

I love that lava frog thing with the ring of fire :3:

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

Only hugboxes allowed on my internet.

Meanwhile a man literally fights poo poo.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Ghostlight posted:

Yes. In my office there's even three right-handed people who use a lefty mouse, and I will often change my mouse side dependent on how much desk space what I'm working on takes up.

I know basically since we've had a PC at my house, I've sort of conditioned my family to use the mouse on the left hand side.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

Yep, super effective assassins in the K&K universe.

Welp, no Nemi... Good Friday. If the UK's off, why am I working? I should be out jesusing or whatever. Stupid merkin work ethic. THANKS OBAMA! :v:

Since it is Good Friday and also Easter going on in this dumb strip, I will just assume the ones pushing all these boulders are some kind of Roman Centurion dressed animals because Jesus.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Lookit the hand on his hip. Headwound Nazi spy or whatever guy is SASSAY!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
John Darling's last words are some kind of nickname for his daughter aren't they? We're going to get a :smug: face from her cuz she knows and won't tell. Or she will tell and take away the last horrible joy the plant man has in life before prison cancer gets him.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Green Intern posted:

Where do those trapezes keep coming from :argh:

You see it's because mermaid genetics mix with trapeze artist genetics to make him unable to move any other way outside of water! The trapeze is a part of his body of course!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

GorfZaplen posted:

Heathcliff

At first when I scrolled to this post, I thought Heathcliff was riding on the Noid's shoulders.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Humanoid Female posted:

She's had chin-length bobbed hair for this entire story arc. Did it grow to waist length overnight or is this a different woman? It's impossible to tell any of his characters apart because they all have the same faces and bodies and they all talk exactly the same way.

I think that is just a very pretty chimp-faced man.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

This is nitpicking but last I checked, chimps don't have tails :colbert:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Just posting a little thing to say related to comic strips. I visited the Calvin and Hobbes/Cul de Sac exhibit today at Ohio State and it was very nice. There was a good collection of strips from both, some proto-Calvin and Hobbes, some Richard's Almanacs and lil doodles and stuff. If you're in the Columbus area, you should really check it out. There also was some awesome old strips that I recognized thanks to the thread here :3:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
That is a very lovely rock. It looks like some kind of garbage pile or amorphous blob.

Also I still read pibgorn as "pigborn". I can't help it. :shrug:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Kennel posted:

Look at those faces! Such a talent!

Not to mention their tiny baby hands in comparison.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Probably Magic posted:

This strip would benefit from the redshit dying, it's true.

I choose to believe this was not a typo because it fits too well.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Green Intern posted:

Why the hell is Juliet wearing what appears to be a latex bodysuit?

Also why is Romeo a Dracula?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

My Lovely Horse posted:

Hopefully.

I take it Nemi wouldn't be very fond of Game of Thrones.

Not sure on Nemi but we have seen how Cyan feels about it.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

dordreff posted:

How does the background change so much in between panels? Have they finally reached such a refined level of boring that they're warping reality?

Apartment 3-G is like the Shot-Reverse Shot deal the Star Wars prequels were filmed where you just have 2 cameras, one on each character, and you just keep swapping back and forth. Except you don't have over the shoulder in this case because then you couldn't see their slowly melting faces.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Seeing things like the way Alice's speech balloon can be seen through the dad's head because of the loud shirt thing just makes me so depressed for Thompson. :smith:

This strip seriously belongs right up there with Calvin and Hobbes and The Far Side.

I thought the reason you could see the speech balloon line was due to the fact the shirt was so loud, it was like he was transparent aside from the Hawaiian shirt. drat :smith:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Yeah, that was it. All of Thompson's subtle things like that just show an amazing love for his craft.

Ok that's what I thought. I read the post wrong initially there, my bad :nyoron:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

SomeMathGuy posted:

I have no issues deciphering the baby talk, but it's loving obnoxious. Something about Rose is Rose really rubs me the wrong way, and I think the baby talk is symptomatic of it. Maybe how twee the whole thing is?

Pretty much this. Everything is so sugary cute and happy and the most HARDCORE thing in the WORLD is to eat a jalapeno. It's like if the Holbrook strip protagonists had even less of a threat of something bad happening to them.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Today's Intellingent Life breaks new ground, as we learn that [NERD] likes [NERD THING]!

I think Worf is about to fall over backwards given the angle he is standing at.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
So I can't help but mention the fact, shrinking down a blue whale is not going to help you study it at all. It's out of its natural habitat and everything. You're not going to learn anything Samantha, you're just an evil scientist monster.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Say Nothing posted:

Best expressions ever.

I'm partial to

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Ms Boods posted:

I have/have had colleagues like this. They aren't funny, edgy, sexy or endearing, Brooke. They make me (and others) stabby.

Seriously, I'm not sure how this is supposed to be a positive trait of "makes bitchy jokes about people". Rude.

Unrelated to Brooke poo poo, but I will always hate the stupid trapeze dad and kid.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Are they all standing behind a big gray wall in that Intelligent Life? They're just missing their legs below the knee.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
How many Nancys have just had her aunt just looking stoned out of her mind listening to some old music? It feels like there's atleast one or two a month.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Grumpy old bat. I'd like to know what made her so bitchy. She seemed pretty OK back in her WWII Nazi loving days.

It's because she knew how long the WWII Nazi storyline would last for.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

This. Nemi comics have really fun expressions a lot of the time so I think that earns it a lot of points. A lot of goofy rear end expressions are a positive in my book anyway.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Why does a cow work there? That makes even less sense than the sheep. Cow why are you actively helping your murderers? Why the gently caress does that comic try some kind of carnivore-herbivore integration when it is all about murder? Why do I still wonder these things? :(

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

He's the guy with the rifle, and he's been lying throughout this whole goddamn mishmash of a story to make himself look better. This raises the question of why and how the story is being relayed solely through a guy who either wasn't present (this accounts for over 90% of the 15 months of meandering horseshit on display) or tells self-aggrandizing lies that make no actual sense and contribute nothing to the tale of Brain-Damaged Bill, i.e. what she is supposed to be actually loving trying to find out.

But considering that Brooke has her still talking to this idiot hell geezer, odds are good that she'll come home somehow knowing the true story, or at least facts that she couldn't possibly know because he couldn't possibly know them either. Because why waste such a masterful story on an unreliable narrator??

I don't even remember what she is trying to find out. I don't remember why it's been in WWII for a year and a half now, aside from the fact Brooke has been meandering about nothing. I don't remember anything. Perhaps I am blessed.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

On the Fastrack

Just go with the spambot option. Thirty minutes to set up and then forget about it. Or pay someone on Fiverr to spam for you, hahaha.

So all I see here is Butthead's face the way her eyes are crossed like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I'm trying to figure out how they know the eggs are being replaced with rocks too. There's a picture of a pig but honestly that's all that's there. He's a pig, so maybe he is just eating the ones you drop because pigs are fat and have characteristic. But I guess our protagonists know what is going on at all times.

• Locked thread