Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
Colts sign Brandon Moore RG

Wanted casey hampton but cpu pack took him. Oh well, one player aint gonna change that D into anything besides slightly less stinky trash. Madden speed defense here i come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Nawid posted:

All set at 53, Platinum, if you can, it would be cool to get our game in. I'm ready almost anytime today.

Holy poo poo I have so much cap room, why is there no free agency. :(

Available right now if you want

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Nawid posted:

My season begins with a fumble. :(

Thought i was about to give up a return TD then fumble

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
My gid those recievers :nms:

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
GG man. You got Madden bs screwed the whole game, but my blitzes were pretty drat effective as your wrs brick handed every pass

Id give t-pezzy more carries earlier. Good luck

Thomas Platinum fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 8, 2014

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Oberst posted:

Bengals & Pats get sim wins

ALL IN FOR

:siren: Week 2, 2013 :siren:

AMERICA'S USER GAMES OF THE WEEK

Alucardinium @ notjustplatinum

Advance is Monday/Tuesday

When?

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
Haha all my divisional games are versus cpu, all my non divisional games are user games.

Stevie Lee posted:

I'm just as terrible with the Rams' defense against the CPU. The Falcons just lit up my lovely corners, safeties and LBs...DL is decent, I guess.

Luckily Zac Stacy and Tavon Austin own and Bradford is capable of getting it in their hands when I'm not drunkenly throwing interceptions.

Can't wait to watch Luck slip out of Robert Quinn's grasp like a greased pig

Thomas Platinum fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 13, 2014

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Alucard posted:

Does Today after work work for you Thomas Platinum?

Yes. Probably not at 7, more like 830~

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Alucard posted:

Does Today after work work for you Thomas Platinum?

Nevermind. Im available whenever

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Alucard posted:

I'm still in work, I'll hop online when I get home and eat. Probably close to 7-7:30.

Im on.

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
Andrew got hosed up twice for rtp

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
Ugh colts short yardage d

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Alucard posted:

ugh a good game hosed by key fumbles. You recovered all 4 fumbles (2 mine 2 yours)

GG. Vonates user int was pretty sweet, but I got lucky especially on the 2nd fumble of mine. My D is the ultimate SPEED BIG HITZ madden defense. I need brandon merriwheather.

Colts beat Dolphins 24-14

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Alucard posted:

I always feel like my user picks are pure luck. I can rarely hit circle then triangle fast enough on short bullet passes. I'm just glad you didn't manage to kill Tannehill, but I need to work on getting my guys to not fumble. Upping Tanny's carry rating is priority 1 for me if I'm going to use him until he dies of a broken spine.

I was pretty pissed when I fumbled twice in the redzone to cough up the ball and didn't win any of the fumbles I generated. But :xcom: (pretend xcom is madden)

Totally.

On the int I had enough time to get in position and hold triangle. Vontae won the jumpball.

The first of those fumbles was off a corner blitz. You had ground up the whole first quarter so I called time out. I then started zero/single high blitzing in the redzone to either get a turnover or give up a td. On that play, i dialed up one that brought all my strongside defenders which looked like a td off the read until vontae came flying in so you can't totally blame yourself. If you had pass audibled like a Z fade it would have been td. I fumble way more on scrambles than designed runs (twice in that game, one which sat there forever)

My favorite play was when i brought a rolling zone blitz that blew up the backfield then you triple option flipped the ball for a 1st down

Thomas Platinum fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 14, 2014

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Oberst posted:

Chiefs, Bears & Broncos get sim wins

ALL IN FOR

:siren: Week 3, 2013 :siren:

AMERICA'S USER GAMES OF THE WEEK

McShurto @ TheNardPuppy
notjustplatinum @ captaincapn
Nawid @ chaoslord2002

Advance is whenever, idk stop loving hassling me, dad (friday)

Oh captain, my captain when shall we play

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Hopped aboard as them Cowboys.

PSN is dastardsilvergun

:getin:

0-3, this feels right.

8-8 your destiny is

49ers I want You

Thomas Platinum fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 16, 2014

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Alucard posted:

It's especially frustrating because when I want to set defenders in place they always move back to their original positions, and when I want them to set in their places, they just sit near where the huddle happens.

Change defense then hit reset defense

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
Lets not choke this game away guys

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
That interception

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
Gg wampa. You really turned it on in the 2nd half. If you had played like that the whole time you would have blown me out. Colts survive Seahawks 27-22

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

WampaLord posted:

What a good game man. Was going to be the comeback of all time if I won.

Colts defeats Hawks 27-22.

I scored, onside kicked, scored again, then got a pick. Luckily for Platinum, I failed at converting on 4th down.

Excellent game. You need to put the screws on defense from the first snap instead if playing soft until you're behind. You can single high/man zero/cover 3 blitz every down with that D. Bring more safety/corner blitzes. I got owned every time someone came out of the secondary.

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Well those are pretty bad reasons, there's enough garbage QBs to go around that salary is non-relevant, and there's no net effect if everyone is missing an extra ST guy.

You're choosing to reward running a pure college-style offense by removing the legitimate threat of having your signal caller brained when the glitch is preventable, which is disappointing.

Anyway I'm gonna check in next season when/if that poo poo gets fixed, thanks for having me chummers, was fun.

Luckily that Amazon deal is still running, going to turn a very lame profit on this bad boy.

Haha you're ridiculous. But but my qb injuries!!! MY IMMERSION!!! :qq:

"College style" offense. Heh ok grandpa *puts baseball cap on backwards and listens to rap*

Anyone who wants to run that poo poo as their main offense can go ahead, Ill be too busy passing all over then to notice when they maybe score a FG after fumbling 8 times

Thomas Platinum fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 24, 2014

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
Broncos I want you

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Alucard posted:

So I guess my reason must be that I secretly want to destroy my controller.

Pop a fuckin aneurysm! !!

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
Fluffdaddy are you available?

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Stevie Lee posted:

you up Plat?

Yeah. Going to eat first

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
I'm on

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
Are you dead?

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Stevie Lee posted:

yea I died sorry. forgot to check the thread after I posted. east coast and I gotta be to work in 6 hours.

IM hosed AND I WANT YOU BROTHER! !!

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Stevie Lee posted:

are u pulling a stevie lee on me

I no joke puked twice since the game ended. Gotta clean up then Ill b thar

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
Andrew!!

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
TY HILTON!!!

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
Haha wtf

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Stevie Lee posted:

lol gently caress

I was tempted to pitch it just to keep with the spirit of the game

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Stevie Lee posted:

Tavon died

Wtf madden ugh

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
I paused to take out my starters for the last few snaps, and madden just died and went back to ps3 splash screen

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Stevie Lee posted:

set myself to auto

K sorry I don't know what happened. Saves you a Tavon injury

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
GG that game was closer than the score. You just made a bad decision on that pick, different game otherwise. Pitch fumble was pretty funny

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Stevie Lee posted:

oh no. Plat, you done hosed up.

LOST SEASON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Come @ me if u wnt 2 prove it son

*Lucks does 5 spin moves before fumbling in the red zone*

Later on tonight?