Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Weinertron posted:

Can someone add to the OP what guns are widely considered bad purchases? I've been playing competitive with a bunch of people who are new to CS, and I'm so new and useless I don't know what to tell them to buy because I always just get ak or m4.

I'm pretty sure we would stand a better chance if we don't go into midgame rounds with sweet dualies and Mac 10s, but I have very little sense of what guns are good at what times. We've won our first 3 competitive matches ever though, so something must be going well!

Duelies every round is the way to victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

astr0man posted:

This is never going to happen, because of the framerate thing.

They should just make 2 queues. One for 64 and one for 128. Force players to do a benchmark to get into 128 tick queue. Everyone is happy. Except for the scrubs in the 64 tick queue.

They should fix the memory leak and the smoke bug first.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Razzled posted:

- Fixed an alt-tab related memory leak.

Hallelujah...

Over/under on the grenade owner change leading into grenade skins?

I can't wait for the Flashbang RED STRIP skin and the Decoy CYAN STRIP skin.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Apogee15 posted:

I only experience the FPS lag on the goon server.

I also have never had it happen in MM or other servers. But I also never have the smoke bug happen outside of goonpug. :iiam:

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

jerkstoresup posted:

There's currently some bug/hack going on that is VAC banning a lot of legit players in matchmaking servers.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/648814845701248462/

Go to vacbanned.com and refresh the page, there's giant groups being banned every second.

So no, the game is still AUG/Krieg heaven, and I wouldn't recommend playing matchmaking for the time being.

That bug is fixed. Also the way that vacbanned site works is it looks for the "This account has vac bans on file". It constantly runs checks and will always be gathering huge amounts of people every second. It doesn't mean they are banned, it means they were checked.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

You have to have a bit of social skills to solo queue. I enjoy most of my solo MM games, you get to chat with a group of people you don't know and learn to work with them.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Woo, sensitivity talk! I'm at 27.3 inches/360.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

quote:

Do you aim with the fingers, wrist, or elbow?

I aim with my huge ego.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Geschwafel posted:

Is there some reason besides lack of space that some players play with their keyboard nearly sideways? I watched some of the dreamhack invitational and at least some NiP players had keyboards turned 45 degrees clockwise. Why? Is this another mouse sensitivity discussion?

So you don't need to straighten your arm awkwardly to keep your fingers on WASD. I actually have a keyboard that has a slanted section for common shooter keys. If you ever get this keyboard you can never go back.

SteelSeries Merc Stealth

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 22, 2014

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Rosh posted:

Those buttons don't seem like they'd be as nice to play on as good mechanical keys though.

I don't like mechanical keys so I don't mind.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

ScienceAndMusic posted:

You know what this game needs? Sprays. I miss sprays.

I, for one, cannot wait for the update that adds spray decal cases and paint cans.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Xenaero posted:

Just chillin'

Just chillin'.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Coleman posted:

This is pretty obviously Photoshopped, dude. Everyone knows you've never won an MVP star for most eliminations.

If you look in the lower right you can see I got it for just 1 kill too.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

down with slavery posted:

The CZ is complete trash come on lets get real. 24 bullets? In an automatic weapon? With worse accuracy than the tec 9? It's like a big plays preventer.

It would be one thing if the P250 didn't exist, but if you've equipped the CZ for anything other than comedy you've made a grave mistake.
Oh you think so huh?

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Zwiftef posted:

I mean, we're not global elite or anything but my little brother and I regularly take turns acing the other team with UMPs/P90s at double AK / AK with laurels. Most people that aren't hacking at that level can't consistently one tap someone with an AK or M4 and can't follow the burst pattern close up. This might change at global elite or something but from what I understand the global elite queue has a bunch of hackers in it anyway.

At range the rifle will win of course, but close up it's easily 60/40 the SMG, and at mid range it's only like 40/60 in the rifle's favor. If you're losing to a rifle with an SMG 90/100 at any range the problem is probably in your reflexes, not the gun and you'd have lost 90/100 with an AK.

The future of Counter-Strike everybody.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Don't download the update if you can help it. It's the CS:GO beta. They didn't mean to push the "patch".

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Coleman posted:

Okay so after discussing with Carl, he says it's not the "parallel" beta like they did with TF2 and CS:Source, but like, the original CS:GO beta?

If so... how does one gently caress up so badly with a patch? I mean really.

Yeah, look at Whoknew's screenshot.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Coleman posted:

Oh I really hope I'm being trolled. Because I can't believe someone thinks you have to be "pro tier" to choose rifles over SMGs.

Look man, he played back in 1.6.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

teagone posted:

Agreed.

[Server info]

Get that off the public thread please.

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 14, 2014

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Unbound posted:

Steam Winter Sale + Dreamhack I bet.

And it's been rising ever since. Look out MOBAs Counter-strike is coming back.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Lavender Philtrum posted:

The shamrock cup teams are now locked in and we are accepting predictions for the outcome, which will be accepted until the first real game begins.

When is that? Whenever San Goonino and Nova F.C. are ready and both of their captains message me to tell me so. Here's the final bracket:

http://challonge.com/goonshamrockcup

Prediction is now open, which means you can bet on the results basically. You just won't win anything unless people put up rewards for a perfect bracket or something.

Also, my team desperately needs as 4th and will accept pretty much anyone. Message/mention at me in the CS:GO Goons chat. I'm Fantastic/Jean-Jean
I'll try to keep most of the posting in the Buttmen Brigade thread, but I'll try to post the results at the end, and maybe make a video.

I'll probably have to withdraw. I work 7 days a week and I doubt we'll ever get all 8 people on within the 4 hours I'm able to play. I was on vacation 12th to the 22nd, I thought it would be ok since you scheduled it on the last day of my vacation but it didn't happen.

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 23, 2014

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Mesothelioma posted:

seriously, what can I do to improve my aim? I'm consistently missing shots I should.
You can just be legit bad at aiming and need practice or you may just be doing something wrong. If you post a demo we can tell you whats up.

Make sure you are at a full stop when firing. Even a little movement will send your bullets to the moon. Once you get better you will be able to stop, shoot, move really fast. Make sure you set up for shots too. Even on T side you can set up to headshot a CT peeking, your crosshair should always be at head level where the enemy will peek out.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Apogee15 posted:

The real trick when throwing is to throw hard enough that you lose without throwing so hard that you get kicked.

It gets really difficult to throw games at the silver ranks.

Just plug in a 360 controler and ramp up the sensitivity. Also play music in the background.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

At that low of a mm rank they probably don't know what to call places.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Coleman posted:

In fairness, that's kind of the nature of pistols. I have more accuracy with every single pistol than I do with the AK. (Including the Deagle even, and that doesn't even make sense!)

The Deagle is my 3rd most accurate gun! first is awp and 2nd is scout(?). Fourth is MP9, Hell yeah.

e:

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

I wasn't even in the chat and I was removed and blocked :shrug:

Also I vote to ban all players eagle and up.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

It will be a sad day when this thread gets gassed. It's better then E/N.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

I would love a universal anticheat that bans a computer from every single PC game worth anything. gently caress you for cheating.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

No exceptions. I have also built 3 new computers and moved 3 times since then. If the UAC(Universal Anti-Cheat) was in effect I probably wouldn't of risked it either. It's a very good deterrent. Maybe instead of hardware bans it just bans your social security number. Now that would be a good drat anti-cheat.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Ephedra posted:

Um.. Excuse me is there an inverted option?

You are a loving monster. Inverted makes no sense at all as a human.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

You should have the background have targets you can shoot at. Maybe even make a background selection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Tell them that if they use the p90 they don't need any skill.

• Locked thread