Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Necc0 posted:

Sound is very important![/list]

The latest update changed many of these, so this image isn't accurate any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

mcvey posted:

It's a high sensitivity. 2" is stupid, 10" is high.

I mean it obviously works for you but it's still high.

I'll have to check when I get home, but I don't think I can even do a 180 on my >12" mousepad with my sensitivity.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Cowabanga posted:

I personally wouldn't bother because the deagle is useless on mid-long ranges because of the ridiculously bad accuracy. You can't even predict where your shots are going at all.

At those ranges you can probably go for 2-3 body shots instead of a headshot. If you get a decent position on someone, you can probably plug 2 rounds into them pretty quickly if you're careful, and that's like 90 damage right there.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Ironsights posted:

We should have a google spreadsheet or something to take notes on the date/time of crazy moments after a match is done.

This is a good idea.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Xeom posted:

OP should have instructions on how to get circle crosshair, how do i get a circle as my crosshair.

Those are actually 4 fat pips that aren't very spaced out so they touch.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

astr0man posted:

Even though CS:GO uses DOTA style protobuffers

gently caress you, no. No. You're making this poo poo up. Protobuffers? gently caress you. That can't be real.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

I'm always amazed that teams can be so dumb. Not to not find you, that I get. I run past dudes all the time in sneaky places and I need to get better at it.

But they just abandon the bomb with >5 seconds on the clock. Ugh.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

I've often wondered this myself. Its not like anybody bothers to encrypt game data, its not feasible. So all that poo poo is sitting there going across the wire just begging for a man-in-the-middle.

I'm not very knowledgeable on how these things work, but would a potential middle-man hack like this introduce detectable latency time between intercepting the packets and re-transmitting them? Or something?

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

NihilCredo posted:

I thought it would be only wood or very flimsy metal, but I've been shot through the corners of some very solid-looking walls.

Very very many walls can have their corners shot through if you shoot the wall within an inch or two of the edge of the corner. I know this still doesn't identify which ones ahead of time, but I usually just assume the first 12 inches of cover behind any corner is just visual cover and can be shot through.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

I especially love the one where you appear to start the 360 before squeaky door even opens and a T runs through to get no-scoped. That's some prescient 360-no-scoping.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

jerkstoresup posted:

Death cams are definitely too long, but I always keep it in mind after killing someone. Just do something "fake" for 5 seconds and then assume the enemy is reacting to it. Don't wobble back and forth like a spaz; commit to something for a bit and then assume they know about it.

I do this a lot. It's tricky to estimate just how long the death cam is so you know when you can stop faking a direction.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Necc0 posted:

So after sleeping on it I don't think investment is *that* bad of a map, it's just really overwhelming at first.

The layout is pretty big and it's really, really busy. Lots of little pieces of office art and benches and plants and cubicle walls make navigating individual rooms confusing.

Getting from room to room isn't too much of a problem, "Push green from yellow" is fairly simple and makes sense, but several times I would get lost in a single room and, for example, not know how to get from "A" to "A site" because of the way the walls and doors and stairs were arranged around the actual plant area.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Just before you enter a site, whether as a T to go for a plant or as a CT to retake a site and defuse a planted bomb, throw a decoy or two into the site (again, juuuust before you enter). Not only does it work as a fakeflash, but messing with the radar right as a 4+ player firefight for the site starts can really confuse the enemy.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

cat with hands posted:

Decoys should be mandatory for Negev rounds. That sweet symphony of destruction...

Actually, nevermind what I said earlier, this is the most important use of decoys in the game. The psychological warfare strat.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Shogunner posted:

They still do tons of damage if you try to jump through them since jumping doesn't make the damage less. 2 playing banana on inferno + incens owns for example since they either

a) smoke their own rush and get owned out of the smoke
b) gently caress off and go a
c) all take 40 damage coming into the site

d) wait like 8 seconds and continue as normal?

e:f;b

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

$800.

Shogunner posted:

gives you rotate time

False.

If they rush the site, it doesn't give you rotate time, they just take the damage and rush you. If they wait for the fire to go out, they'll do it quietly and then rush you once the fire goes out, giving you no time to rotate anyway.

If you do rotate before they pressure the site, a good team should recognize that you've overrotated at that point, and then go A instead.

Shogunner posted:

+ discourages flying through smoke and having terrorists 1-ak your defender

As opposed to flying through the fire and 1-AK-ing your defender? Or just 1-AK-ing your defender through the fire first?

Use smoke for this. Every time.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Mess with drivers?

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

astr0man posted:

I don't understand why the server would have any affect on client side graphics junk. Do you get choke/loss on BB?

Fix your rates.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

jerkstoresup posted:

Well Valve does get the reports too, so maybe they review them sometimes? I don't know, but I spam music sometimes and I've never been MM banned.

I always figured Valve would just review the text language reports in-house, since it's really easy to flip through a couple thousand pages of plaintext scanning for friend of the family/human being/gently caress etc.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

cat with hands posted:

Doesn't this make the SMGs pretty much totally worthless?

Especially the pro90?

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

I'm fine with the Sig/AUG being better than the AK/M4, but make them $4000/$4200 respectively. They're a lot better than the AK/M4 right now, but I don't think they're $1000 better.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Or parties of players with equal ranks.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

astr0man posted:

The MP9 is absolute garbage.

I don't understand why it hasn't been tweaked in, what, 8+ updates? It's more expensive and feels shittier than a Mac-10.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Slaapaav posted:

Why doesn't having armor make you run slower?

So you think armor is overpowered?

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

The new gun has the exact same stats/properties as the p250 aside from the whole fully automatic part. So yeah, I would say so.

Exact same damage stats/properties, but the recoil, accuracy, and max fire rates are different.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

NihilCredo posted:

Speaking of matchmaking, do the "penalties" mentioned if you drop out of a comp match consist exclusively of the 30-minute cooldown, or is there anything else? Like a long-term naughty list of unreliable comp players who get matched with each other?

The cooldown grows every time you abandon a game. 30 minutes, 2 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month. It goes back down a level if you behave for (I think) 1 week.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Popehoist posted:

Yeah sorry for not being specific, last time we MMed he was master guardian elite.

I'm master guardian elite and I'm bad.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

astr0man posted:

this should be all of the maps that are on the server, or at least all the ones that were on it as of 18 days ago https://github.com/dtuominen/goonpug/blob/old-plugin/csgo/addons/sourcemod/configs/goonpug_match_maplist.txt

Still nothing we can do about the /workshop/1234 prefixes in the map list, eh?

a slime posted:

Ban Walt free pengy

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Hawker posted:

But it isn't the case every round, for every poor player.

But it is an extremely common flaw for bad/new players and those players that don't know better tend to do it every time they have a chance.

It's also something that gets worse before it gets better, so players aren't naturally motivated to change. If you don't know how to properly entry-frag, then the learning process will net you fewer kills than baiting, until you start figuring out how to enter a site with a team rather than after them.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

On a serious note, have tried and tried but I just cannot play any lower than ~15 inches/360. I don't know how or why but once I dip any lower than that I just cannot shoot anything. Although over the past two days I think I have failed every headshot I've tried. I think I have a really solid understanding of the game, but my aim is so absolutely terrible it makes me sad.

Do you aim with the fingers, wrist, or elbow?

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

IT BEGINS posted:

Hmm. Makes sense. I've often found myself running into two guns when I'm alone, hence my tendency to play passively. I guess in either case, though, playing aggressively will benefit me - passive play won't stop them from grouping up if that's their plan, while aggressive play might get one if they do split up. I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

I'd rather fight an uphill 1v1 than a fair 2v1.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Eyke posted:

(all I do is flash myself).

That's probably not true, I'm sure you've flashed plenty of teammates.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Iriquois posted:

It made a huge difference to mid range accuracy and I am totally converted.

You have not been "converted," you are simply "not wrong any more."

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Guys stop throwing me mixed signals, I am super indecisive about fanciful purchases.

Just buy either? I've used both, they're both solid.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Apologies if it comes up a lot, but I searched the thread without luck. Any insight into the number of weekly item drops?

Searching the steam forum gave me about several dozen answers on drop numbers, and all I saw for certain is that it resets on Wednesday/Thursday.

IIRC, when drops first started, you got 4 per week. It gave you a good probability of getting a drop for your first 2 drops after the reset, then the chances went down some for the next 2 drops.

So you could play 4-6 games and get 2 drops, then play 6-10 more games for the other 2 drops. Roughly.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

astr0man posted:

I guess I should clarify that I'm not encouraging just suiciding into an awp all the time or something, but rather that you shouldn't be afraid to make an aggressive play just because the guy holding the angle you want to peek is a lot better than you.

It's also important to recognize when you made a dumb decision and it got you killed and you shouldn't do that any more, or when you made all the correct decisions but your opponent just has amazing aim/skill/luck and you should continue to make that correct decision even though it didn't work out this time.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Something about the new scope and glowy dot sight make me want to spray more when scoped in with it. And that's not good.

I never had this problem with the old AUG/Sig scope. I think having the actual gun sight on my screen tricks my brain into trusting the sight as accurate and thinking the recoil is way low, because, come on, it's a scope, I can see where the gun is pointed, clearly the recoil wasn't very strong, I'm still aiming right at him with my scope sights.

Whereas with the older zoom style, there were no gunsights on the screen, just the regular classic CS crosshairs, which I have years of experience not trusting.

RadioPassive fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 25, 2014

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

PRADA SLUT posted:

Sweet, 30 people on dust2 blocking doorways and baiting each other.

Casual doesn't even have team collisions. You can't block doors.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Cuntpunch posted:

I'm just a compulsive "ohgod break in the action gently caress it I need more bullets" reloader out of those few times where you JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH

One isn't enough?

jk my headshot % is probably like 5

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Can you even change the FOV with a keybind? I thought that would require changing your resolution, which can't be done quickly enough to make it practical for scoping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

EmperorCthulhu posted:

Is the only way to advance to find a team? Please tell me gold gets so much better...

1. Yes.
2. Not really.
3. Play goonmans!

• Locked thread