Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Don't mess around with multicore rendering unless you are experiencing crashing or terrible fps. For some systems, having it enabled will increase fps, and vice versa on other systems.

quote:

Whoa, since when could the five-seven 1HK?

Yeah and at a waaay longer range than the p250

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Necc0 posted:

What the fuuuuuuck

Seriously when did they change that?

I could be wrong, but I'm almost positive that wasn't a change and has always been capable of 1 shots.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Right.

On an Eco round at most you should buy a p250/fives seven and maybe a nade or two if you have a good amount of money(say if i have 3100 to start, ill go p250 smoke flash).

Just wait to buy till you see your team getting stuff.

You can worry about buying shottys and other weird Eco things when you know the game a little better, you will know when you can/cannot deviate.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Fat Lou posted:

NEW THREAD NEW VIDEO. This video should be known as the feel good collection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWEx2WKuDQk

great job this owns :yotj:

the essence of ~the goon man~

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 15, 2014

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Ruin Completely posted:

Is changing the mouse sensitivity in windows itself the next best step after changing it in game? I thought maybe I'd try turning it down more (because I would like to be able to actually hit something with the dessert eagle from more than six feet away) but I already had it as low as it would go, and my mouse doesn't have any sort of dpi switch.

Also is it good to have a ranking before trying to jump in the goon server(haven't played enough MM to get one yet)? I'm getting tired of the lack of interesting people in the rest of the game so I figured maybe you guys would be more fun to gently caress around with.

Your windows sensitivity should be set to 6/10(halfway) and no 'enhance pointer precision' ALWAYS. Never change your windows sensitivity.

What kind of mouse do you have? If it's a gaming one you can most likely adjust the DPI to 400, then find your in game sens from there. If not, you can go below 1 sensitivity in game, just use the console to set 'sensitivity .75' or whatever.

We try to recommend to newcomers to at least have enough games played to have an MM ranking. We don't mind new players, but please at least have knowledge of the default maps(dust2, train, nuke, inferno, mirage). Somebody joining up for their first game of CS ever might just get advised to go play some MM before hopping in to goonmans.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Deathadder 2013 review 7 days later:

Left mouse clicker broke today, had to bring it to microcenter and exchange it lol. Down with the modern mouse swine.

Mouse still owns for owning peoples heads tho

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

hello internet posted:

I heard the other day while on the server that it is routing issues. I usually ping 30 to the server but every couple days I ping 120-150 for no reason.

Yeah, same thing happens to me every once in a while. I've noticed it since we switched to this server provider. Though I've never had any loss or anything, just the ping issue.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Who cares if he used the word 'sportsmanship'. He's generally right. Not to say I don't talk while I'm dead way too often, but generally speaking, stfu when you're dead.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I'm a running awp shot

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Progression Please posted:

I was playing with 1920x1080 16:10 full graphics, then someone on the internet said to play 4:3 ratio and turn off some graphics settings for enhanced visions, because the pros do. Should I? it looks a bit shittier, but I want to get all the headshots....

What astro said, play with what you want.

I play 4:3 stretched because I have a piece of poo poo computer but I also have gotten so used to it that I can't aim at 1920x1080. I prefer the narrower FOV.

There's no real advantage to playing with any config, it's just about what you like playing with.

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 31, 2014

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Burgo posted:

Grip rocking the trip 2's.

:geno:

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Yeah molotovs/incgrenades are pretty decent. Of course you can just rush through them but you will take like 30-50 damage, which is 1 less shot to kill you. And odd's are, at least one of your teammates will stop at the fire and gently caress up the rush.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
They're good nades and it's hilarious how gung ho some people in this thread are about being right about molotovs!!!

Run through fire and 1ak the defender, sure. Stop moving in the fire so you can 1ak the defender and take a shitload of extra damage, and likely get lit the gently caress up by the defender if not killed. Or else wait till you're outside of the fire to blast your sick 1ak, but oops by that time you're already dead because the CT is watching you try to clear the fire. I don't see how this point makes them any different than smokes, if not more effective. Just run thru the smoke and 1ak the defender heh, smoke's loving SUCK.

Yeah, you're right that they might not buy you time if the entire team is loving stupid and is going to run through the fire taking a total of like 200 damage, but then you spray everyone down by yourself because they're all panicking from rushing through fire and also damaged to hell.

e: plus, like 40oz said, when you buy incgrenades, you should also be carrying.... a SMOKE!!!

They're not a waste of money especially if you've got >1-2k after your buy. I don't buy them every round, but mollys are great stop being idiotic and condescending... radiopassive

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 3, 2014

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
1v1 radiopassive vs shogunner at banana on inferno. shogunner gets to throw a molotov every round and radiopassive only has his sick AK

e: im upset about bad CS opinions being delivered forcefully!!!!!

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Jellidelic posted:

how were the three smugfaces not a dead giveaway. I thought you guys could understand basic sarcasm and now I'm ashamed to play CS with you.

is emptyquoting allowed here

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
The aug is super fun. Definitely hope they tone that poo poo down after a few days though lol. Shredding dudes with it is fun as hell for now tho.

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 6, 2014

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

braffle posted:

I got this but some dude told me to put -threads 4 in launch options and it helped. I think its based of cores, not sure though.

Yeah that can help if for some reason CS isn't adjusting to your poo poo. Some people get huge boosts when they specify threads. Depends on ur processor though. Look up your model and find the proper amount.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Lotta bad posts going on right now. To be quite honest, make the aug have slightly more vertical recoil, and increase price to 4150 and i'd be totally okay with it.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
there was a point in time where i liked the famas about as much as the m4 and would never under any circumstance by a galil because it's a giant piece of poo poo. but now it's the complete opposite. no clue when it happened, but i really like the galil now. and often p250/fiveseven + helm + nades on a round i'd otherwise famas.

i guess that's just how the world works.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Hoekie posted:

I've gotten so much hate with my steam name being augerstrike. If you want to drink tears I suggest you change it to Augerstrike or counteraug.

hah such a troll xD!

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
WElp, someone poo poo all over and ruined the best map: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=125689191

Look at B lol. Unspammable boxes, can't flash into B from outside of halls T side. A can't be flashed/smoked over anymore. Sucks that nobody who produces content for csgo knows what makes a map enjoyable.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
admin please close this thread.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
If you are the last one in B(or a) on inferno you shouldn't be rotating through mid unless the bomb gets spotted/is already on the opposite site. If your teammates are still on the site defending and holding them off, you rushing down banana/mid will most likely just get you killed and then the opposite team will reverse and go to the site that you just left empty for them. When that happens it's called goons_playing_inferno.dem.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

BrandNew posted:

Scoped sensitivity on the new scopes seems hosed. This new deagle skin is just awful.

zoom sensitivity is controlled by zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse(or something like that), you can adjust it however, most people recommend setting it just to 1

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Apogee15 posted:

1.6 should be erased from everyone's memory forever. Counterstrike started with css.

Welp. Congrats. You just murdered the thread and its organs are on the floor

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

kalstrams posted:

Are 5 bullets enough to kill through chest armour ? That initial burst seems to be quite precise.

The new gun has the exact same stats/properties as the p250 aside from the whole fully automatic part. So yeah, I would say so.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

RadioPassive posted:

Exact same damage stats/properties, but the recoil, accuracy, and max fire rates are different.

That's exactly what i meant and does not change the answer to the question.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
right click nade toss is good if you jump and look way up in the air and toss it over a box or whatever. makes for a great pop flash

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

mcvey posted:

Sure if you can get into the Euro queue where people know how to play CS... except for those lousy Russians.

"Nah nah nah"

-Omar little.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Apogee15 posted:

Anyone remember the De_lite map? Just asking because a friend of mine did a reproduction of the 1.6 version of the map. He said he tried to copy the 1.6 map as perfectly as possible.

I haven't played it yet, but i'm kind of interested in trying it out. I could get the map to try out if anyone else is interested.

Is it up on the workshop? I saw somebody posting screens from their remake of de_lite on esea, wonder if it's the same dude you're talking about?

Anyway if it's not up yet and it's playable/finished, I'd definitely be down for throwing it on the buttmen server.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Oh my GOD shut the gently caress up

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

kcer posted:

#freepengy :(

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
One thing i would say about myself is that im all about hacking and counter-strike.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

teagone posted:

I've watched a total of 4 demos and live-spec'd a goonpug when he was playing. If I had to, it'd be easy enough for me to build up a conclusive case showing that he's hacking given all the recorded evidence.

Report back with the dossier.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Hawker posted:

I'm not already king poo poo on.
The cream rises to the top.

Of the ban list

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Mesothelioma posted:

How do I cover mid better? Once I'm smoked off I can't do poo poo. I'm talking mostly mill and dust2.

On dust2 your main purpose is really to make sure they can't get up cat, and if they do, you can warn the guy who's playing it. If you're getting owned/smoked off constantly, you can play a bit more passive and only hold an angle where you see cat, or if you can't see it, just try to listen for them going up cat. But yeah, if you can reliably spot cat for your guy playing cat, it opens poo poo up for him to go peek lower tunnels etc etc.

On mill you don't really need to peek all the way down mid, or you can just peek and hide the second an enemy comes out. Again, on that map your purpose is to make sure nobody comes up mid and shoots your dudes in A site watching the other entrance, so you should drop back and hold a more passive angle if mid's too risky to try to peek.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

aksuur posted:

I posted this in the BB thread but it didn't get any traction:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2062204

The smoke bug seems to phase in and out depending on the patch to me. I haven't actually noticed it happening since the new radar was put in, even trying to exploit it like we've all learned to do, it doesn't seem to happen as much, or am i just crazy?

If people want we could give that plugin a shot, i am just worried about possible performance loss considering how much less efficient csgods has gotten with the past several months of patches.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Turk February posted:

Hey guys, guess what?

THE DRUNKEN GOOD VIBES KING WILL BE BACK IN ACTION NEXT WEEK!

I've seriously been having loving CS:GO withdrawals, specifically wanted to face gently caress other goons.

The vibes are at an all time low. You are desperately needed.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
here comes the preference vs It's Literally Better conversation mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

btw 2.0 sens @ 800 dpi owns. i put my time in at 1.2 @ 450dpi. now i'm slowly raising it up from 1.0 @ 800 towards 2.0 @ 800 and i like it way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Dvsilverwing posted:

Wait, so there's not a single new map? We're paying for all recycled maps?

Fuckers.

yeah..

obviously cache is the only map that's actually worth playing out of any of them, but there are plenty of poo poo maps with high res textures on the workshop, i don't see why any of the creators of these poo poo maps are deserving of getting paid twice for the same poo poo map, rather than paying a new map maker for his poo poo map.

• Locked thread