Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Sit on a toilet, presumably with leg armor and/or clothing on.

Was waiting to make an effort post about this game tomorrow, but since this is being brought up, figured I'd mention a bug(?).

I made it to the green beacon, and upon breaking it I got that achievement. Pretty sure that wasn't intentional?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Lucid Dream posted:

Actually you can get that achievement by sitting on the toilet with pants on or getting some poo poo particles on you so that is working as intended because that beacon was buried in a big ol' pile of ant poo poo

Oh! Bwahaha that's amazing. I was just thinking of that this morning, cuz I couldn't help but laugh every time I blew up one of the piles.

The attention to detail really drives this game ahead various other games in my book. Keep up the awesome work.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Well just spent my entire night playing this.

Finally hit a stage where I felt the need to move away from my makeshift camp at the pod.
Decided to move into the mining base.

Remodeled it to suit my needs.

The ability to remodel a per-generated structure to this extent was honestly a nice little surprise.
There are literally no crates or tables or chairs anywhere else, but it was worth it.

There were a few things I wanted to hit on after my lengthy session tonight.

1. Nice touch with the weird Gaboos looking creatures. It was nice to find that they were a good source of gems.

2. Death hurts (granted I only died once in like 4-5 hours). Dieing deep underground was extremely frustrating, however keeping the MEG upgrades made it a bit easier to quickly tool up and retrieve my stuff. So at the end of it all, I honestly think the way you've handled death is great.

3. It was a tad frustrating trying to find a way to kill certain creatures (block-breakers). Would it be difficult to have Agis give hints if the player seems unsure of how to handle certain ones? It's certainly not a big-issue, but I could see how the lack of any guidance could lead to some frustration. However, I did find that the balance of the tutorial(?) played really well; giving the player most of the tools needed to at least survive helped in figuring out how to handle those creatures.

4. More of a question, but is there a way to fix the elevator in the mining base? Those 'stairs' get annoying fast. Never mind, just saw a post of yours stating that you're working on it. Cool!

Having said all of that, I think this game is awesome, and it's earned it's place on my usual go-to-list. Great job!

Arkitektbmw fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Oct 8, 2014

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Amethyst posted:

Do salvage kits wear out? Two of them seem to have disappeared after use.

From what I've seen, they are one time use items.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Shake, shake, shake.....

I love that I can mine all of this without moving...GOTY.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Neruz posted:

Limbs do not work like that :v:

In your boring realistic world maybe. :colbert:

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Neruz posted:

I see you have sticky taped an arrow head to a sparkler.

I like this description way more.

Been having a blast picking up the achievements (seriously I felt dumb when I finally found the jugs...). The replay so far is pretty enjoyable.

I've noticed odd behavior with stairs. When I place them so they're oriented to the left (from bottom right to top left) the character model sort of glitches or bounces walking up/down them. It doesn't do it when I place them in the default orientation. Ill see about posting a gif later when I'm not on my phone.

Also the gaps between some of the blocks (mud building materials) trigger ocd levels of annoyance. I find, that I tend to stay away from blocks like that. They just look odd.

The ore pacing seems pretty balanced until you get to steel. But, we've talked about that already, so I won't best a horse.

I'm also discovering how useful the picks double as weapons against some of the lower denizens. That's pretty :black101:

One last observation for now. It seems really busy when the map is opened (the overlay, not the new addition). It's kind of cool because I feel like the character model is looking at a little 3D hologram above their wrist, but gameplay wise it makes the center of the screen really busy. Especially when you're charting the map at the same time.

Loving all the small things you've been adding in, and I can't wait to test out the boomstick. Oh and just 5 more achievements to get.

Arkitektbmw fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Feb 25, 2015

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Lucid Dream posted:

Also, watching the gif again it looks like I need to make sure the player "unequips" his fists when he dies :V

Oh God....I can't unsee that...

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Please tell me one of you suggested a dart gun and the other misheard and presented this. Ala Despicable Me.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

glug posted:

Why are you calling it a sulfur gas monster and a sulfur gas gun when we all know what it is and nobody is being fooled?

Games are serious business :colbert:

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Wow, that's [REDACTED]! I can't wait to [REDACTED], all over this [REDACTED]!

Seriously though, gonna have to reinstall to check this out! Can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Oh, oh! New update. Dang I haven't picked this up in a while. Time for a new romp!

Really though, some of the best money I've spent on a game. Might have to get a few more copies for my kids and anyone else I know.

• Locked thread