Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

That's a really really interesting take on Raditz.

I wish this gif was longer and had a section where it gets introspective and you see a tadpole spinning in a ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Zonekeeper posted:

As fun as a drawn out "Sorry that took so long" joke would be, one of the basic conceits of an Abridged series is that it keeps the plot intact while shortening it and making jokes about it. If we see something like that, it will be executed in a way that won't affect the plot or pacing. And it sure as hell won't take place over several episodes.

He transforms straight into 3, Buu is all slow and "Whaaaaaa?", Goku says "Sorry I did that too quick", reverts to normal, then does the whole "1, 2, beyond" shtick.

Buu still doesn't get it so Goku goes through the process again but even slower.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

carry on then posted:

They did go back into the time chamber individually during the 10 days, but I think they both knew it wasn't enough and they'd need a game changer.

The time chamber is one of those things that, if it weren't a dumb fighty fight shonen manga, would be a really interesting thing to explore and the mindfuck it would have on the people who enter it. A year is a really long time to spend in a giant empty room by yourself or one other person. Like cabin fever or something.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

AlternateNu posted:

Piccolo could just download a bunch of aps before entering.

Speaking of that, I'm trying to remember. When did Nail actually stop surfacing in the series? (I know the TFS guys are going to have him stick around at least long enough for him and Kami to double team Piccolo.)

He never surfaced in the first place, and neither did Kami. Naturally for Abridged that means that once he absorbs Kami it's gonna be a three way.

EDIT: Conversation.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Conceptually, I enjoy the Garlic Jr saga for having a threat that CANNOT be solved by Goku showing up and giving everyone else a chance to shine and look competant. I feel like it gave Gohan a little bit of depth that foreshadowed his involvement in the Cell sagas.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

WhiffleballDude posted:

Legendary Super Warriors.

I've made at least two posts on SA about this game and you've beaten me to the punch. It's nuts, it has a top down overworld for the story mode and the fights are these weird turn based strategy fighting card game things with deck customisation and QTE's.

And I like the fight music.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

FallenGod posted:

Good thing their youtube channel has a new video. A video that tells us to watch their latest video on another site instead. A site that alternates between not being able to load the video or desyncing and making GBS threads itself trying to play what little it can load.

Yeah, I'll be able to watch this free video sometime later and this is a minor thing to whine about. But just put the thing on youtube in the first place maybe. :shrug:

They presumably want you to go to the site and get used to going to the site where they can actually gain revenue and not get videos taken down.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I'm digging Krillin's slightly more positive characterization. I hope they don't ditch the part where he rescues that lady from Cell. "Krillin Owns Count: 1"

Also, the entire Android/Cell saga is a series of red herrings regarding the true form of the big bad right up until the Cell Games are announced.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Namtab posted:

We'll pay a terrible price if GT becomes non-canon

It always was.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

crankdatbatman posted:

which leads to the return of Dende

This is what I'm looking forward to. Any Gohan/Dende interaction after his last appearance.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Dragonatrix posted:

The one thing I can't wait to see is Krillin beaming Goku with a rock. If only to see what justification they give Krillin for even trying that.

I sorta want them to go the Kai route and timeskip all the filler so we can get to psychotic SSJ2 Gohan as soon as possible.

Like that General Tao subplot. It's alright, but I want the good stuff or it's gonna take forever.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

WhiffleballDude posted:

Alternate hosed up futures where poo poo goes bad are always way more interesting than the main timeline because you see so little of it. I'm willing to bet in a fair number of cases if the scenario were elaborated upon further it wouldn't be as cool as people imagine.

That said History of Trunks is excellent.

I guess that's what Multiverse is for.

My main memory of History of Trunks is the music, especially the one looped on the DVD menu which is also used at the beginning when Goku dies, and I think there was another track which was the "in the rain looking for dead Gohan" theme.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Hey shutup! We got Rock the Dragon until the end of the Frieza Saga and then got the Canadian version for Garlic Junior and Trunks.

In the UK the way they constantly flip-flippoed between the dubs was really crazy. Like, they'd air the Funimation dub, and then when they inevitably went back and re-run the last saga it would arbitrarily switch to Ocean and continue into new material until we maybe got Funimation again at some point. If anyone can remember how it went in more detail I'd be really interested to recall that because it was nuts.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

MastG posted:

I'd say Android 19 but he got even clownier music when he was introduced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gohph5Ur9Xo

I'm pretty sure I heard this during the Garlic Jr saga and always found it okay even if it's a little weird.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

WhiffleballDude posted:

Probably thinking of Legendary Super Warriors, aka the best DBZ game.

Also best game.

And best music.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I only played the demo ages ago, but Asura's Wrath could be the best DBZ game if they went in that direction instead of pretending to be a fighting game.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Factory Factory posted:

He's now voiced by Professor Oak/Van Hohenheim.

And yeah, it's been going. The Kai editing doesn't do much to make the start of the Buu saga feel less slow, but that said, these thirteen episodes cover what was 30 in the original run.

Wait.

Is there way less Saiyaman and high school highjinks? :(

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

StrifeHira posted:

WELP.

Dragon Ball Heroes gives a new teaser for Super Saiyan 4 Broly.

Also Time Patrol Trunks is showing up too, for a Dr. Wheelo mission, good to see Dragon Ball Online getting some more recognition (Xenoverse has him in too).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6V2SlIaTjs&t=11s

That's kinda funny because by combining a movie character and a GT concept they've created something I could not give a gently caress about any less. I have ascended to a level beyond apathy.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

In my opinion, SS2 was pretty great as a culmination to Gohan's development, and SS3 was hilarious because of how utterly useless it turned out to be. You can't even use it unless you're dead or fused, and either way it's so draining it somehow reduces magical timers.

So of course in all other material it's just a flat out better transformation because ???

In my theoretical remake of DBZ the concepts of ascended and Ultra Super Saiyans would be gone and SS2 would literally be a maxed out SS that only really Gohan can achieve, and ditch SS3 entirely (Maybe just let Gotenks have long hair to keep the visual) and ditch incremental Super Saiyan levels entirely once Gohan unlocks/ultimates/mystifies. And keep Goku dead.

Mordaedil posted:

Which is why when Piccolo and Kami fuses, he isn't Piccokami as Goku suggested, but keeps the Piccolo name. It was his to begin with.

Kamiccolo, please. :colbert:

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 29, 2014

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

HGH posted:

Amazing. I want Shakespearean DBZ now.

Fie! How dost thou not dodge?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

StrifeHira posted:

Fusion Reborn is where Gohan beat Super Buu and Goku stayed dead.

The continuity we deservd.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

SirDrone posted:

I totally dig the Ocean dub Zarbon went full on Australian, it's kinda sad TFS never touched on that and went with Zarbon always being a flamboyant :sparkles:. Cell's Ocean Voice is jarring as it's quite monotone at times which I guess goes with the perfect organic killing machine type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3K8kn--v-M

In the UK they switched between dubs whenever they jumped back or moved on to new content so we saw both and I'm completely headfucked because I remember both voices (and soundtracks) simultaneously and I can't really parse them from memory.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

carry on then posted:

Once they get to the point where Goku and Gohan go in the time chamber it's going to just take off for me. Can't wait.

I feel like the dodge joke is gonna pick up some traction.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
It's okay if Cell's not perfect yet.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

I have my moments.

I always liked this part of the series because it's so weird compared to everything else. It's entirely earthbound, at a certain point all of the villains are kind of weak enough that they could be dealt with, but there are so many of them and they're doing different things and they're more focused on keeping them seperated and playing cat and mouse.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

facebook jihad posted:

I'm pretty excited about the next episode, mostly because I have no clue what happens in the story between Cell escaping Piccolo and Piccolo and 17's fight. I know Goku wakes up at some point and Vegeta and Trunks enter the hyperbolic time chamber, but that's it.

Krillin rescues a woman from Cell. Hope they keep that.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Prison Warden posted:

He flat out says it's just to ensure some time somewhere has a future. And if he can learn a weakness or two that the androids might have so much the better.

In my theoretical remake of DBZ I would have his future erased because of the changes and have him killed by Cell in the Gohan fight to tie up the loose ends.

Prison Warden posted:

I wonder whatever happened with Buu in Trunk's time. I guess Babidi picked him up, left, took over heaven and in a few years Beerus showed up and vaporised him.

DBZ Budokai: Another Road.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

facebook jihad posted:

I feel like hyper Vegeta is going to bleed out. He seems to be losing a lot of blood. Raichi might still have another trick up his sleeve if he gets to the next round.

Like he looks awesome but the artist is making sure to show he's pouring blood. That has to lead to something

I feel a double KO is incoming. I have no idea what the bracket looks like though.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

facebook jihad posted:

This fight has been awesome, even if it's gone on way too long and either character will lose in the next round.

I still think a double KO is happening. Winner of Gast/King Piccolo advances an extra round.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Petiso posted:

Crazy theory here: by virtue of essentialy being living magic, Buu has the potential of doing ANYTHING, but he can't come up with ideas on his own, he must be taught (Bibidi, Babidi), see someone doing something (Goku) or acquire knowledge via absorb (Gotenks, Piccolo...).

Genocide attack.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Prison Warden posted:

Wait this thing has been going for 10 years?!

No way, there's 947 pages, 3 pages a week, so 315 weeks total, which is 6 years.

EDIT: ^:argh:

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Oct 20, 2014

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

setafd posted:

I thought he couldn't do it anymore at that point.

I think given the idential hairstyles between normal/SS/SS2 in the cases of Gohan and Vegeta I kinda just give up trying to differentiate.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Supeerme posted:

Annnddd I just discovered that DBM got Latin as a language option. So far only 95 pages but still. Latin.

Hoc est a gradu ultra Super Saiyan.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

In It For The Tank posted:

King Piccolo tears off his ears and declares "This is how I defeated Kami!" He begins to whistle and Gast, with hearing one million times greater than the average Namekian, is utterly incapacitated.

Which Malaysian dub video is the one from Lord Slug where King Kai says something to the effect of "Yes! Black people hate whistling!"?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Yesss, loving giant hovering racist nonsensical King Kai out of nowhere.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I don't believe it. I'm so happy.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

my cat is norris posted:

I don't see a Piccolo pants smiley, do you? :colbert:

:goku:

Isn't that Krillin though? Look at the shoes.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
This popped into my head the other week and I fogot until now.

Why, once the Super Saiyan form was proven to exist, did Vegeta stop trying to wish for immortality?

I mean, Toriyama probably forgot about it and that's it, but it's weird, right?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Mr Popo character development brewing out of nowhere.

Come ooooon Dende/Gohan reunion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Petiso posted:

Yeah, that actually looks like a cartoon, I hate the shading in most other games though, it makes them look like plastic dolls.

I hope everything copies Guilty Gear Xrd really soon. It's hard to believe it's polygonal sometimes.

• Locked thread