Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Channel the zeitgeist - Super Saiyan Titan Form

GT was way ahead of its time.

(AoT manga spoilers) It wouldn't be the first Monkey Titan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

So, severely wounded base Vegeta or Raichi? I still can't decide who's going to win. I feel like Raichi and his abilities have been played out so he has nothing left to add to the story. But Vegeta is practically dead on his feet.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

drat, that's disappointing.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

People on the DBM comments keep mentioning that all of the dead fighters are going to be revived at the end of this round. Does anyone know what they're talking about and/or point me to a source? If it's true, Raichi loses his only gimmick and becomes completely useless.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Cozz posted:

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-694.html#h_read Here's the page where they say they're going to resurrect everybody who died in the first two rounds.

Thanks!

But wow that was a long time ago. The art is so different.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

I liked the previous speculation that Piccolo has mastered the Mafuba and will seal Gast away.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

King Piccolo tears off his ears and declares "This is how I defeated Kami!" He begins to whistle and Gast, with hearing one million times greater than the average Namekian, is utterly incapacitated.

In It For The Tank fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 25, 2014

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Hahaha what the gently caress

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Thyrork posted:

The implied power difference makes me think that Gast would outlast anything Piccolo could throw at him anyway.

While Gast is weakened, Piccolo will cast the Mafuba and seal him away.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

The special surprise is that from now on, all fights will take place in the NEXT DIMENSION.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

ANOTHER DIMENSION.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Zzulu posted:

turns out frieza never trained in his life and now he's going to have a training montage and become 1000% stronger

After getting the poo poo kicked out of him, Frieza sets out on a mission to gain every single bullshit power-up he can. He revives Babadi so that he can get the Majin power up; he studies robotics and Gero's research extensively and transforms himself into a cyborg like #17 and #18; he travels to the Otherworld so that he can get the Mystic power up; he steals the potara earrings, creates a time machine, travels back in time, and fuses with himself,

The entire film covers about ten years. At last, Majin Mecha Mystic FreFreeza attacks and is promptly beaten by a fully trained Uub.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Has Krillin killed ANYONE since the start of Z? I mean, aside from those three Saibamen and the Cell fetus.

I'm pretty sure he killed one of Freeza's soldiers not long after the gang arrive on Namek. Even if he didn't, that's still one more than Piccolo. He only killed Goku, Raditz, and one of the Saiabmen.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone not watching TFS's playthrough of Dragonball Z Budokai 3 on their website is seriously missing out. I'm not a fan of their "Character x plays y" series, but the Budokai 3 playthrough is great because they're not in character and the most recent episode (4) is especially hilarious.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Goku's original nemesis was that giant fish he killed and ate in the first episode. After all, the second Daizenshuu considers it Goku's first battle in the series, so the significance of the event cannot be understated. It is only fair that the giant fish returns for some vengeance.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

ZeeToo posted:

No, the whole thing is in the manga. It's only one panel before he figures it out, but he does accuse Vegeta of killing Gohan Senior.

That was added to the Viz manga translation as a mocking reference to the dub error.

e: I found a source. Here.

In It For The Tank fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 24, 2014

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Trunks didn't die, did he? I thought he was just in critical condition the whole time.

Nah, he died. I think in the dub they maintained a "he's just barely hanging in there!" deception but once they get to Kami's Lookout, he is revived with the dragonballs.

Which means Cell killed Trunks twice.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

The Cargo Robot was #10. Tragically, Nappa obliterated him.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

On the topic of attack names, I'll never get over Ginyu's signature attack being called Milky Cannon.

I mean, it makes sense since the entire Ginyu Force are named after milk products. Probably should've gone for "Galactic Cannon" though for a more appropriate name while maintainong the pun.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Reminder that Dabura targeted Piccolo and Kuririn when told to get rid of the weak ones, so Piccolo must be weaker than the base Saiyans in the Buu Saga.

powerrrrrlevels

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

I'm not sure about that. Babadi knew there were powerful fighters on Earth, but Spopovich and that other guy didn't recognize Gohan as their target until their energy sensor went off when Gohan went Super Saiyan 2 so they weren't anticipating the transformation. And doesn't Babadi express surprise when Goku transforms into a Super Saiyan against Yakon? Speaking of which, he also thought Pui Pui and Yakon would be able to take on the Saiyans so he can't have had that accurate an understanding of their power (or at least their transformations). I'm assuming that Babadi knew everything Dabura knew considering the psychic link he had with the Majons, so if Babadi didn't know Dabura probably didn't either.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Kild posted:

Uh? Source. I mean he was weak compared to the DBZ timeline but I don't think that he was 'really weak.'

In the manga version of Trunks' backstory, #17 declares that he has been using less than half of his power before killing Gohan.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Dead Zone is the best film because the fight choreography is excellent and everyone gets to play a part in defeating Garlic Jr. Plus, it feels more like a Dragonball movie than a Dragonball Z movie, and the rich red and gold colour scheme makes it look like a Chinese martial arts film.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Two Finger posted:

For that matter I'm still curious how they'll play 17 going down. I wonder if they'll throw expectations by having 16 refuse to fight Cell on the grounds that he's not Goku and 17 just disappear way earlier than expected.

16 will detect that Cell is part-Goku and respond appropriately.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I think the Radditz fight in DBZA is pretty bad but it picks up from there pretty quick. I don't think there's a huge gap between the Saiyans and the Freeza arc.

"A full nelson? That wont work on me. I'm Raditz."

DBZA Season 1 is a lot like Season 1 of Parks and Recreation, where the quality is admittedly worse than the later seasons but it takes less than two hours to watch and let's be honest: like you have anything better to do.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Hey, what's wrong with Dodoria?

Complete

annihilation.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

New Leaf posted:

TFS put up a History of Trunks teaser.. It's dark.

Link for the lazy.

Who is doing the voice of Adult Gohan? It's a pretty bang-on impression of the dub actor.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Baby should have possessed Goku and been defeated by Vegeta.

But that could never have happened in Dragonball Goku Time.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

In GT, Goku genuinely fretted at having to dive through a rotating fanblade in a sewer.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Frieza is going to beat Goku in DBM, isn't he?

Frieza will have some time warp fuckery powers like XXI. Goku will still win, but Vegeta will be technically correct that the fight will only last two seconds.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Super Saiyan 3 looks completely ridiculous. It owns and should be used forever.

SSJ3 is basically a Saiyan's body going "OK, you want to transform again? Fine, don't blame me if things get loving crazy." Goku just screamed at his body until it gave him what he wanted.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

They both know martial arts and they both have rich dads.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

HGH posted:

I only just realized Freeza is called that because he's the fridge where all the vegetables (saiyans) and fruits (soldiers), plus other stuff(Ginyu, etc...) are kept.

Speaking of which, are Zarbon and Dodoria's names puns of anything?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Two Finger posted:

on a related note, i'm expecting vegeta to begin charging his final flash in dbza and a smashcut to cell kicking him into the air while trunks shakes his head in disbelief that he'd try such a retarded attack

There's no way they don't parody German dub Cell's "Oh poo poo" response to Vegeta's Final Flash.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Covok posted:

I just realized something: Goku never killed anyone in the series, did he? The second before the Demon King Piccolo died from Goku's attack, Piccolo reincarnated himself with an egg. Since Kami and Piccolo are life linked, the fact Kami didn't die means that the Demon King Piccolo didn't really die. And, IIRC, the Demon King Piccolo and Ma Junior share the same memory and personality. Freeza survived Goku's kill blow and was killed by Trunks. Kid Buu did die, but was almost immediately revived as Uub so that could get a pass.

Edit: Opps, nevermind, I forgot: he killed Grandpa Gohan.

Goku killed like hundreds of people as a child. He singlehandedly murders almost the entire Red Ribbon Army.

After he trains with Kami, he only kills Yakon and Kid Buu.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Exercu posted:

fake edit: because most aliens are in fact pretty weak, most saiyans don't get super strong from zenkais because their next plotwise challenge would be "another dumb alien"

Yeah, this is the reason. I don't think Saiyans often had the opportunity to abuse Zenkais. Even Vegeta's meager 18,000 made him the tenth strongest person in Freeza's empire, and he probably went his whole life without ever experiencing a real challenge. Your average Saiyan warrior was already significantly stronger than the indigenous riffraff that he needed to conquer. If Saiyans did get lucky enough to recieve Zenkai, they would probably only ever get one before they became so strong that they could complete any future missions without any risk at all. There's also the fact that they tended to abuse Oozaru form instead, which made them so powerful that there was never any real chance that they would be harmed in the first place.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Much like Batman doing anything mundane is inherently hilarious, the same is true of Vegeta.

I bet he'd have a bumper sticker on his car that said "PRINCE OF ALL SEDANS"

"There's one thing a Saiyan always keeps: his RIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE"

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Gohan telling the Androids to take a ride on his fist might be my favorite line in any TFS thing ever.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Yamcha was last seen heading to Korin's to train before the time skip, so it was probably him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Besides, Vegetto could pound Beerus into the ground with his bare hands anyway.

• Locked thread