Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I didn't think I'd be scared of Cell after the age of 12. :stare:

e: Also, Gohan getting increasingly resentful of his dad. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

crankdatbatman posted:

She was already well on her way to being on the level of importance as Oolong and Puar near the end of Dragon Ball, but she was still around. I don't really see why she got the axe at the start of Z.

She didn't get the axe. Toriyama literally forgot about her.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's hilarious how badly this translated in the original cut of DBZ the anime. Just look at loving Fake Namek for a perfect example of how things went wrong.

You say it like it was an accident. The manga was still in serialization while the anime was being made, they had to do everything they could to drag the anime out because it would rapidly overtake the manga otherwise.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

U13 Vegeta definitely seems to be channeling Renegade For Life. I can get behind that.

It would be hysterical if DBM brought in Team Fourstar's rendition of the crew.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

e X posted:

Given who superheroes are idealized male role models, it is really no wonder Gohan likes them so much.

That and he's a gigantic nerd.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

It helps that the villain's name is right on the title or box art (Cooler's Revenge, Broly the Legendary Super Sayain). With the Pokemon movies people remember whatever legendary is on the box but not anything else, and who cares about Naruto movies? :v:

Point is, it's all marketing.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Did they ever explain why your eyebrows disappear when you go SSJ3?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh...my...loving...GOD.

I wonder what Team Four Star could possibly do with this.

Nothing. It's perfect already. :allears:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Ahahaha they brought back Goku's squeaking. :laffo:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Cozz posted:

The new mutliverse arc is going quickly...and Vegeta looks weird.

This artist has a Rob Liefeld-like aversion to drawing eyes.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

My god their player is awful. It's like I'm watching a slideshow.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

New DBM out.

I can't stop reading that in TFS Vegeta's voice. :allears:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Freeza's more like an evil Alexander the Great to Cold's King Phillip. Just replace military genius with superpowers.

:goonsay:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

So is Xenoverse just a remake of Heroes without the trading card aspect?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

World's Gooniest

I like this.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Monaghan posted:

dragonball z cosplay is drat near impossible to pull off, so this is a pretty drat good effort.

You'd think the guy would shave before dressing up as Freeza though. :v:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

furiouskoala posted:

Does Raichi have anybody left in reserve? The only one I can think of is Recoome, so its either Recoome (could happen, Vegeta is totally spent), or Hatchiyak.

Recoome powerdunking Vegeta out of nowhere would be the best way to end this fight tbh.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

Emperor Veggie Kakarot is interesting, at first I just thought that he was Goku who didn't hit his head, but he still knew Krillin as a friend, so he presumably trained with Roshi. I guess him having his saiyan rage creeping up every so often could be because of his saiyan heritage bubbling up. But now I'm wondering if the divergence point is that this Goku won the first World Martial Arts Tournament, got arrogant and ended up killing his friends in giant monkey from.

It's probably not that, but I like the idea, it jumps out to me as one of the most major turning points of Goku's life.

I'd like to imagine that the first parts of Dragonball still happened but Goku was a massive dick the whole time (but still managed to make some earth friends I guess), before he got increasingly aggressive and just ended up killing everyone.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

TFS released the original version of the sleeping Goku scene in episode 44.

Personally I like this a lot better, if only for more Gohan sass.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

facebook jihad posted:

I remember really digging the art when I first got into DBM, but looking at all these old pages...the new artist is so much better.

Did the artist actually change and not the old artist improving after 10+ years? That's definitely a thing when it comes to web comics.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Did Gohan ever go Super Saiyan 2 after Cell?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

time travel is loving dumb

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Soulcleaver posted:

Cmon, DBZ ain't hard to figure out. Here's an actual confusing time travel story for comparison:

I can't read this. What the gently caress is it?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Given that Vegeta lives with Bulma in the city, I'm sure he's better adjusted on human culture than Goku.

Vegeta isn't brain damaged either. :v:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Solaris Knight posted:

People keep talking up Multiverse, where do I start with that?

From the beginning. Though be warned: it's pretty much just a drawn "what-if" fanfic, and the writers are very obviously not native English speakers.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I like how the opening for the Buu Arc in Kai literally spoils the whole arc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJXzA_GcTZ8

Spoiling DBZ at this point is like spoiling Star Wars.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I was kind of unclear on that scene. Does Popo miss Kami, or was he amazed that Kami was actually gonna give Goku the job at one point?

It seems like they know they ran the "Popo is a all-powerful horror/potential rapist" joke into the ground but they're not sure where to take his character yet.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Caros posted:

My money is on it being a fake, the pose is the exact pose that was used on the recent poster. More tellingly is the fact that the hands are almost identical, down to the same lines on the joints. Its a good fake, but its probably still a fake.

Not to mention the neck thing, shoulders, and head seem oddly shifted to the right. Like it was just traced on top of the original image.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

TriffTshngo posted:

I think back then Takahata and Kaiserneko basically had nothing to do with it. I want to say it was Lanipator and the two dudes who did Naruto Abridged working on it.

Masako and Vegeta-something-or-other.

What did Takahata and Kaiserneko do before DBZA?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

CubeTheory posted:

You'd think the dragon could have just destroyed their space pods, leaving them in space with no air.

Don't tell me the dragons not as strong as their space pods.

He doesn't even have to kill them. They could have just wished for the Saiyans to teleported to a remote corner of the universe where it would take millions of years to get to Earth.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

New DBM. :allears:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Xad posted:

I could've sworn SS4 Gogeta wrecked his poo poo, but that might be me misremembering what I did in Budokai 3 over what actually happens because 100x Big Bang Kamehameha is a cool way to kill things :colbert:.

It was the same as Buu. SS4 Gogeta was too cocky for his own good and ended up loving around the entire time, used up all his time and unfused right before he was gonna obliterate Omega Shenron. Stuff happend after that yadda yadda. Then Spirit Bomb, the end.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

So Team Four Star keeps talking about an anime some of them had some work in, and it just came out today. "The Ambition of Oda Nobuna"? Does anybody know if it's actually any good?

It's about this dude that gets transported to Feudal Japan where Oda Nobunaga and his generals are all cute girls.

so no

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Tarodia posted:

I'm totally creating the character from the fan-fic I wrote 15 years ago

This unironically. The game is pretty much build from the ground up to facilitate this, so I might as well go full hog.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Can we at least agree that Gohan is not as much of a dick as Gotenks, who had two whole family lines (and the entire Earth) murdered by Buu both before and during their fight and was still dicking around and treating things like a joke?

Wasn't he only loving around before he knew Buu killed his mom(s)? I remember him getting super pissed and wrecking Buu after finding that out.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

It always made more sense for Vegeta to finish off Freeza anyway. A big part of his character arc was being forced to live under Freeza's thumb for most of his life after Freeza destroyed everything he knew and loved. Goku didn't even have anything personal against Freeza until he killed Krillin.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Horrible Taste posted:

Saitama seems pretty chill.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Budokai 3 is a great anime fighting game and arguably a good fighting game period.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Firstborn posted:

Has there ever been a real explanation for Turles & his gang? I think I read on a wiki that he looks like Goku because that's how all low-class saiyans look, kind of like clone troopers? Did he just run away from Freeza and form some Space Pirates?
As an aside, he has a cool purplish brown skintone that I think would look good in Xenoverse.

Turles is a movie villian and not canon, so no, it's just this random group of Saiyans and one just looks like Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Goku going SSJ3 is my favorite, mainly for the :krad: music in the dub.

• Locked thread