Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

IronClaymore posted:

"Zarbon really screwed the pooch on this one."
"Sir, Vegeta's really giving us a pounding!"
"I'm coming! Quick, Zarbon, grab my balls!"

God dammit I can read it in the TFS voices.

Szmitten posted:

That's a really really interesting take on Raditz.

He looks like Black Haired Triple H.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Any moment where Gohan flips the hell out during a fight rules.

GOHAN STRONGEST THERE IS is a pretty great moment in every fight. The best one was when he just bitch slapped Frieza (TWICE!)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Why would they go around calling him Tienshinhan? They're friends now, you cut that poo poo down, especially when yelling about poo poo during fights.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Metal Loaf posted:

They should split the difference and call him Big Green.

Nah that's for Dende when he comes back to replace Kami.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Android 13's movie is the best because it is the low point of ALL of the Dragonball dubbing.

$30 haircut.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

To be fair, he WAS about as strong as a single Saibaman.

Yeah but all you have to do is almost kill him and then let him heal.

Saiyans are bullshit.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Namtab posted:

We'll pay a terrible price if GT becomes non-canon

It's fine, the next DBZ movie will just be Vegeta's Day Out where he's just hanging around, annoying his in-laws, picking fights.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

crankdatbatman posted:

Ok, so outside of like that arc in Dragon Ball Multiverse, is there anything in the manga or anime that indicates Nail is powerful compared to the Z Fighters? I'm assuming he's stronger than the other Namek warriors that show up, but since they all got one-shotted by Dodoria and Zarbon that's nothing to go by. No indication is made about what the rules are for Namekian fusion powerups, so you can't go by that logically for Piccolo's fusion powerup. The only thing you have is him getting owned by first form Freeza. So seriously, am I missing something here?

Well I mean he can sense energy and didn't seem too afraid of Vegeta so maybe he was on Piccolo's level Post Kai 'training'? I mean he probably had his potential unlocked by Guru.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Lord of Pie posted:

The way Gohan and Yamcha swap hairstyles back and forth I'm pretty sure Gohan is his kid and they just sorta wished him half-Goku or something.

Once he becomes a teenager the Yamcha DNA kicks in and suddenly he can't fight anymore.

Honestly I think this might just be because they see each other once in a blue moon and are both big enough social failures to thing "Man that's a cool haircut."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Soulcleaver posted:

Cha La Head Cha La is honestly the best song ever made.

Its one of the few anime songs that's ever actually got stuck in my head. Years since hearing it for the first time I occasionally catch myself humming it.

cptn_dr posted:

I use the chorus as my alarm. The best way to wake up. Get pumped, get hype.

Every morning I wake up and open palm a DVD into the slot. It's Dragon Ball Z and Right then and there I start doing the moves alongside the main character, Goku. I do every move and do every move hard! Making bwsss sounds when I teleport around some Alien chump or even when I miss with the Kienzan. Not many can say they escaped Namek as it exploded. I Can.

It's at that point I forget the joke.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Thyrork posted:

Speaking of DBZA, the bit Kami raises before he merges with Piccolo about the dragon balls going inert, was that a plot point in the original? I forget. :shobon:

Yeah, they get Dendi to replace him. Can't wait for the awkward conversations with Gohan.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Petiso posted:

Actually in Nekomajin we see that he stays at home while training Uub.

Who are the people next to Ox King and ChiChi? Pre-teen Goten?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

WhiffleballDude posted:

Goten and Pan I'm assuming.

Kid needs a haircut. I could barely tell he was one of the Goku's. Wait, what is Goku's family name?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Son Pan is a terrible name.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

It really is at this point. It's kind of hard to nail down what it is exactly, but DBZA is a lot different from other Abridged series. I think it's

A) Due to genuinely liking the source material and

B) The fact that the core of each character and of events is mostly preserved intact, just exaggerated and made light of.

I find it hard to justify watching the actual series these days.

Edit: The actual series also doesn't have Super Kami Guru so, ya know, gently caress it.

God it's so distracting to hear Android 16 because all I hear is Super Kami Guru.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

The one thing that always baffled me is, after rewatching DBZA I thought to myself

Wait, why is Vegeta so obsessed with beating Goku? He already did that. Goku got trounced pretty thoroughly even with all of his Kaio-what, it was only through repeated intervention that a draw was achieved by mutual KO.

He didn't become obsessed with being stronger than him until he saw him during the Namek saga where Goku one shots 2 dudes that individually could have murdered Vegeta a dozen times over.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

A lot of really great Goku in these episodes that wasn't just "Wow I'm An Idiot". He's got some dry wit/sarcasm this movie and it works really well. 'You're not even that good at it.' Like all his little quips about Vegeta are really great! I wonder if they're trying to 'smart him up' so they can write his actions in the Cell saga as more than the same old 'Goku is stupid' jokes they've always done.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 8, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Muffin button!

Honest! There's science and stuff!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cardboard Box A posted:

Happy Kamehameha Day!

New DragonBall Z Game Announced (yes, another one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb58d7KldDg

Oh sweet, Crisis on Infinite Gokus.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

DBZ is the most intellectual anime ever conceived. Every other anime is just trying to ape its level of discourse and intelligence.

Even LOGH pales in comparison to the rich, nuanced narrative of Goku punch successfully stronger dudes slightly harder than the last one.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

VanSandman posted:

i hope bolin dies this season that'd be sweet
mako can be stricken with grief and wander the earth or whatever i dont care

Bolin is the Yamcha of Avatar and deserves a shameful death

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

visceril posted:

Cell coming back to life was one of the worst retcons in the series IMO.

If the explosion was so powerful that it was going to destroy earth and Goku had to sacrifice himself, King Kai, and Bojack to save the planet, then it's definitely powerful enough to make sure every living cell at the epicenter of the blast is dead. If it could kill god and a SSJ2, it could kill every cell at the center.

Also, where the hell was that 1 important cell during Goku's teleport+max kamehameha? Did it move super-fast into his legs?

It's not a retcon if it's literally the next event to happen. It's a reveal at best. Also King Kai isn't like, super strong or anything so killing him is probably easy as killing Old Man Kami. Dude was shaking in his boots about Freeza, he can't be too tough.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Pyroi posted:

King Piccolo, and he will fight Piccolo. It will be somewhat evenly matched because power levels are bullshit.

No. They revive Garlic SR. He opens up the Skygina which he's turned into basically eternal training grounds for all the nasty demons Kami was too lazy to really deal with.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

It's going to be planet Vegeta and now Vegeta's gotta decide between his Saiyan Pride and history and his Earth family and 'friends'.

Vegeta goes to war with Goku with a million Super Saiyans.

Just like my fanfiction.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Monaghan posted:

Christ what with battle of the gods I was hoping we'd never see that awful ss4 design ever again.

Super Saiyan God Broly coming soon

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Metal Loaf posted:

Question about something unrelated: there's this bit in the Freeza saga where Guru's going to send Nail to help out in the fight with the Ginyu Force; the bullshit status of power levels notwithstanding, how much use would he have been? He was established as the strongest fighter on Namek, but how did he measure up to Freeza's various minions?

Nale was a namekian so he was super good at sensing energy (Guru picks up poo poo from WAAAAAAY off planet) and didn't even seemed phased by post Zarbon-murder Vegeta so he could have probably slapped Goldo around and helped out a good bit in the Recoome fight.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

I wonder whatever happened with Buu in Trunk's time. I guess Babidi picked him up, left, took over heaven and in a few years Beerus showed up and vaporised him.

Didn't Babidi need a lot of energy to revive him? Energy he couldn't have gotten with all the Z fighters dead?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

If that's remarkable to you, for the love of god, don't seek out the Star Wars one.

The only thing you need to know about it is that this page exists.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

So the plot of this game is that a villain changing time by possessing old villains to rewrite history with small nudges (Like Raditz dodging Gohan's rage headbutt thus Piccolo and Goku don't get a second wind in that fight) and you're wished up by bad timeline Trunks to help him set right what once wrong?

That's...actually pretty cool.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tien is cool, Krillin isn't.

Absolutely incorrect.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'd like if you master different schools you get combination attacks of some sort.

The one that bursts to mind is that if you master Yamcha and Krillin you get Frieza's destructo disk, since it's effectively a combination between Krillin's disk and Yamcha's spirit ball.

Wolf Fang Kaiokin Fist.

It's me, I'm the Sif.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

e X posted:

He could totally merge with Guru, though I assume he would be fatter then.

Maybe King Piccolo fused with all the Namekians and because the ur-Nameker. If that poo poo is multiplicative he could be a serious threat.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 26, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

Seriously, Cell's fantastic. The "Aww, East City has a panda sanctuary, that's cute." line just about killed me.

I lost it at "Where the gently caress AM I?"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Honestly, I'm looking forward to when Vegeta loses his poo poo after Perfect Cell one-shots Trunks. It was the first real shift we see in Vegeta from "mostly loner rear end in a top hat" to the fiercely protective family man in the Buu Saga.

"I love my dead gay son" is probably too old a reference to reach for, but I can hope.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Darko posted:

Goku wasn't presented as stupid, though. He was blissfully/innocently naive, not stupid. He was the most naturally gifted fighting genius around (which is why he picked up moves immediately), and pushed himself harder than almost anyone else. He was just completely naive due to seclusion and being so "good" that he assumed the best of everyone/everything. Your summation kind of ignores his archetype.

Hell even Ninja Goku isn't stupid. He's not well educated, sure, but that's because he was actively shunned in his community forever and he's actually kind of clever in how he fights ("I've got infinite magic so why not just constantly make clones of myself to attack with me/throw as projectiles/distract people/being human ladders to run up and chase people.")

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TriffTshngo posted:

Pirate Goku is just straight up dumb as a brick, though.

Yeah pirate goku is basically brain dead.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

who would Space Goku be

Domon

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

Just watched battle of gods for the first time. Isn't Pilaf being made a kid like the opposite to how GT starts? Pilaf and crew continue to be absolutely hilarious.

Lunch I assume died years ago in a crack house or something, hence the lack of invite.

Didn't Launch move back into the Kame house? Like I'm pretty sure we see her in the background now and then in Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return. She was even at the Banquet. I think she might just not like Bulma.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Maybe? Going from 1200 to 120,000 can't be that easy.

Yes it can! Have you not been watching DBZ? Going up in power for the protagonists just takes time, effort, and the knowledge that there is a higher level above what they're at now. Hell, that last part even happens in Battle of Gods. Just understanding what it's like to be at God level lets Goku keep up with Bills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

Ehhh I don't know if Piccolo was really on par with the Super Saiyans until he absorbed Kami. He handles himself well against Android 19 and Dr. Gero, but those guys were kinda chumps anyway.

He trained with Goku for 3 years so I wouldn't be surprised if he kept up.

• Locked thread