Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Prison Warden posted:

A thing in shounen in general and DBZ in specific, and this is even called out specifically, kinda, in Battle of Gods, is that just knowing that another tier of power is attainable helps you train to become stronger than you could if you didn't. I think in the Android saga, the saiyans, especially Gohan, gain more power in a single year in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber than they do in the three years of training beforehand.

So if Goku were to meet Superman and then trained really hard...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Wait, is GT still canon?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Hmm, what would happen if a man and woman did fusion?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

What about the old Supreme Kai? He seems to know more than the new one.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'm not up on my DB lore; what is the starting point of the calender?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

For a long time I thought it was because Alucard trashed a Dairy Queen that there are none in the UK.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Why is it that no matter how much clothing gets destroyed, pants always survive? Do they concentrate their Ki in that one spot to protect their vital areas and the pants survive as a side effect?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

You have to admit that a number of things in GT sounded good on paper (e.g. the return of the giant ape forms, invasion of Hell, the dragon balls turning evil).

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

No, most of it is worse.

Refresh my memory of what is worse than that.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

... Wow, I totally blocked out that entire sequence from my mind. That and the preceding sequence that involved that absolutely pointless filler where Goku was in some sort of limbo and had to win some kind of game and...

OH GOD IT'S FLOODING BACK

(and I did ask for it...)

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Do you think you could spoiler those images? I think you're upsetting... everyone.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I wonder if Team Four Star will ever abridge GT and how far they can go before they succumb to the insanity.

And seriously Xibanya, put that poo poo in spoilers!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Why couldn't anyone use some manner of healing power to restore it? Sure it'd be a Deus Ex Machina moment, but it wouldn't have been as awkward and horrible as that.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

It made me cringe, but I didn't overreact. I think my mind is numbed to such images.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Rodyle posted:

I really want to see World's Strongest Abridged because I remember that being my favorite as a kid thanks to the focus on the DB crew. And while I am wishing for Kaiser to be crushed by the workload I want a DB Abridged.

Wasn't there a World's Strongest abridged? I could have sworn I saw it, though it was years ago.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I've seen people mention some sort of multiverse thing. What is that?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Are you talking about the fan comic linked in the OP or the sorta canon thing that comes from Trunks's time travel poo poo?

Yeah the fan comic. What's that about?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

What would they call it? Dragon Ball Kai doesn't quite roll off the tongue so well.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

What I'm getting out of this is Piccolo is Goku's truest friend.

What you're saying is that Goku's enemies become his friends later on.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Grunkle Piccolo

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

The various reminders of GT made me wonder something: how does Super Saiyan 4 compare to Super Saiyan God?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I was rewatching DBZA (again) and just finished with the 2nd DBZ Kai Abridged episode. For the 3rd DBZ Kai Abridged episode, I have to wonder who will be the one (if there is someone) to say "I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say".

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Can it really be "non-canon" when there's a multiverse involved?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

That whole "stronger than Buu" thing was weird to me even as a dumb kid because I thought it wasn't that the guy was stronger, but rather that he was trickier to fight since he can merge and control any and all metal while Buu is a singular entity. So while I could easily look past this as a translation error, I don't know what the Japanese had and that could be the one at fault.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 31, 2015

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Talking about GT and the new movies made me wonder something: Super Saiyan God makes Goku and Vegeta more powerful, but would regrowing their tails make them even more powerful?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

It's like poetry, it rhy- *gets shot*

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Because Space Technology is better than Space Magic? idk

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

There's something that confuses me a little. Shenron is only able to grant wishes that do not exceed the power of his creator (i.e. Kami and Dende). How is bringing someone back to life not exceeding his creator's power?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

e X posted:

At this point, I am looking forward to every new TFS interpretation. They have been consistently amazing with their character interpretations.

Like Mister Popo, that was an incredible choice. I only hope that they can do Buu and his other forms justice.

... Wait a minute. Super Buu is evil because he absorbs Mister Popo! Or maybe he gets possessed after trying to absorb Popo and Popo is the final villain of DBZA..

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

It's just like Eggman/Robotnik.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Can't wait for cowboy 13.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was the Fake Namek episode an April Fools episode?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I wonder if a fusion of Goku and Piccolo will give SSG green hair.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I had a sudden realization:

Goku is turning into Superman.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

So I finally managed to catch up on Dragon Ball Multiverse. The story has some weak points, and despite claiming they are separate universes I feel they're parallel timelines, but the art is (mostly) decent and there were some cool moments and fights. Also, I can understand the choice to not include GT (for obvious reasons) and the new movies (BoG and RoF). Even so, I kinda want to see SSG Goku vs SSJ4 Goku. It's like a fight of the opposites (the new movies are manga canon while GT has all the anime filler and the other movies as canon (somehow), and I sort of see SSJ4 as more physical while SSG is more spiritual (though I could be wrong about that)).

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Is Beerus the God of Destruction in one universe or all the universes?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Obviously Goku needs to face all the Gods of Destruction in a boss rush and reign supreme as the omnipotent god of fighting.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Didn't Pikkon wear his weighted clothing when he beat Olibu? He took it off when he fought SSJ Goku.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

From what I can remember, Dragon Ball had an old world sort of feel to it despite the modern cities and the technology present. The fighting tournament gives the strongest feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

e X posted:

I seriously would love to see other Saiyan's reaction to the ridiculous level Goku and his friends and family have archived. I mean, the Super Saiyan was a legendary figure of their mythology, it must be akin to not one, but 6 messiahs running around simultaneously. And since the strongest Saiyan rules, literally, I doubt they would be any trouble.

I have a theory that the "Super Saiyan" figure is actually based on Super Saiyan God.

• Locked thread