Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Necc0 posted:

as someone who uses ford sync regularly i say thank god loving finally

whoever made that decision had better start updating their resume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

pleated pants, lmao

I'm more offended by the tie tbh, looks awful

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
had to go back to page 7 to find this thread, christ

MasterBuilder posted:

Well if anyone is super interested in buying a blackberry you can use the coupon code SAVE100BB148 in the shop blackberry store to get 100 bucks off so the Z10 drops to $200.00, Q5 to $250.00 and the Q10 to $300.

Is it worth it? Probably not but in the grand scheme of things 200 isn't that much.

If they paid me $200 i might consider it

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

qirex posted:

I actually saw a z10 in the wild last weekend

take a pic next time and post it here http://peopleusingblackberry.tumblr.com/

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
look at this poor bastard who actually has to administer this shitshow

CLAM DOWN posted:

So I attempted to upgrade BES from 10.1.2 to 10.2.2 today and it ended up failing after 8 hours of the installers making an unmitigated shitshow of everything.

To get your installer/upgrade to even remotely work, the following must happen:
  • call support to figure out what the BES 10 upgrade path is. As in, you can't go 10.1.* to 10.2.1+, you have to go to 10.2.0 first. This doubles the amount of time this takes. This is not documented anywhere. Especially not in the prereqs, install guide, or download page.
  • if you have ever upgraded Java on your BES server (if you don't you should reconsider your stance on security), you have to re-install static installs of the JRE that your version of BES originally shipped with, because the installers point to a static path of specific versions. This is not documented anywhere.
  • if you have replaced self-signed certs in your as/ncc.web.keystore (if you haven't you should reconsider your stance on security), you have to use the genWebKey.bat utility along with the encryption key pulled manually from the DB to reset your keystore. This is not documented anywhere.
  • allow 2+ hours per installer to allow updates of the SQL tables. 95% of this 2+ hour time is spent doing absolutely nothing but repeatedly updating the installer progress bar at its current position. This is not documented anywhere.
  • if you have an HA pair, sacrifice a goat and pray to satan because there is no way in hell you're emerging from this unscathed. Make sure you stop all services on both nodes because sometimes your nodes decide to play a game and change roles on you, completely loving up your cluster.

After all this, you will still get completely a unknown "Failed validation, Result: 10" error that 3 tiers of support cannot figure out, and you will have to restore to your snapshots you better have loving taken before starting, thus wasting your entire day.

Sorry for the rant but Blackberry can rot in hell. Too bad, because the Z30 is a nice piece of hardware.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

i'm dying squirtle

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
incredibly, QNX itself isn't a total shitshow

only when its powers are combined with bb like a downs-syndrome Voltron do things go bad

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Nelson MandEULA posted:

With more than 240,000 Android applications in the Amazon Appstore worldwide, BlackBerry 10 device customers will gain access to popular apps such as Groupon, Netflix, Pinterest, Candy Crush Saga and Minecraft.

For more information about BlackBerry 10, visit https://www.blackberry.com/blackberry10OS.

tools not toys

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Bonzo posted:

As we’ve been working through this transition, there have been many vocal voices from competitors trying to incite fear, uncertainty and doubt about BlackBerry. In doing so, sensationalized reports surrounding our viability and misperceptions about our product portfolio have crowded the airwaves.

nobody is doing this. it would be like a presidential candidate putting out an attack ad against Abraham Lincoln.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

also like this thing has a 1440 pixel square screen. you wouldn't think it would be important to mention whether not the camera is taking square shots or 3:2 pictures or at what resolution in an age where camera functionality moves smartphones

3:2 shots bother me enough on a 16:9 iphone 5s god knows what they'd be like on a square screen

BlackBerry Passport: Powered by Polaroid®

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
how the stock is worth anything is beyond me

http://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/2013/12/02/blackberry-us-market-share-falls-below-1-hits-zero-in-china/

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

loving

l
o
l

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

flakeloaf posted:

:toot:

i'm cryin over here holy poo poo

It's like anti-Disneyland

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

This store has to be some line item that has been lost in the shuffle and the last person who dealt with it at bb left the company years ago and nobody knows it exists.

like if you had a job there you'd just keep getting a paycheck, never have to deal with anybody (customers included)

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Bonzo posted:

Hey guys, let's see what we can do to make our stock price go down again.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/blackberry-buffs-up-security-with-anti-eavesdropping-acquisition/article19818840/

Stock went down 3.12% and its not even 10am yet.

this is just sad, somebody take bb out back and put it out of its misery with a shotgun

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

beat me to it

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Nelson MandEULA posted:

YOU MONSTERS!! YOU CALL THIS PROGRESS?!?!

tools not toys

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

makes sense for minecraft

truly you are the master of "getting" "subtle" "humor" :ocelot:

also wtf is this poo poo :goku:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

sorry im busy checking my emails over here

just fuckin with ya

also why does everyone have a grenade next to their name now

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

platinum grenade

thanks be to richard

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ah, the "taking you all with us" approach

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

London Gets Launch Event For BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Porsche Design P’9983

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  AND  FACE  TO  PORSCHE  DESIGN

My friend owns the 2 PD stores in Illinois (Chicago & some suburb somewhere) and he says those PDBBs are bought almost exclusively by middle eastern guys.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

dubai event gonna be poppin' then

i also have no idea how he made so much money on the first store that he was able to open the second. poo poo, he said he'd charge me cost on anything i wanted and i still don't want anything there.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

minivanmegafun posted:

can you buy PD stuff at an actual porsche car dealer or do you have to go to PD outlets

I think so. There's some weird licensing poo poo between the two, like PD can't use the Porsche emblem on their stuff

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

The Kins posted:

that'll sure put some butts in seats

if there was any justice in this world it should put some butts in the unemployment line

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

prefect posted:

if it were you, what would you post? it's not like they can say "we're doomed; buy the other guy's stuff"

"wanna buy a playbook? real cheap, it fell off the truck"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/22/blackberry-passport-price/

$600 earth dollars for this

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

engajet sounds like a lovely printer

or a worse airline

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
lol, just loving lol

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Bonzo posted:

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/10/classic-john-chen/

Just talked to some buddies I have that still work there. This is just the Q10 hardware (which is 2 years old) with a trackpad. I bet you anything they try to sell this for $600.

quote:

The smartphone you trust, with the power you couldn’t imagine.

It takes more than fast thumbs and a stone cold focus to stay on top of your inbox and the day’s priorities. BlackBerry® Classic is the ultimate communications tool.

One place for all your messages

Navigation buttons that do more than ‘go home’

A physical keyboard that has no rival

quote:

quote:

the literal truth

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

prefect posted:

hahahahahahha

it's not even like she has an iphone she loves -- she prefers android over blackberry :newlol:

battered wife syndrome

"I prefer getting punched in the stomach over getting kicked in the teeth"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

RubberJohnny posted:

According to Seacrest and his partner Lauren Hallier, they saw many of their friends carrying two phones -- one for typing and correspondence, presumably a Blackberry, and an iPhone for everything else

I want loving names, these people should be ostracized.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dislike button posted:

wow a bit stubborn are we

careful, he might want to fight

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dislike button posted:

Irish dude out of potato products itt

lmao

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Yo reading Losing the Signal as recommended up thread somewhere and it's p good.

Like on one hand you have to admire how they managed to get the marketshare that they did.

But on the other hand you have to laugh as you see the very same hubris the big players showed that they took advantage of when getting big being their own downfall.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

alex314 posted:

^^^^
I've never heard about that issue, sorry.

http://crackberry.com/blackberrys-android-powered-venice-caught-hands-video

Slider keyboard acts like one on Passport! :dance:

Vintimus Prime posted:

Looks pretty slick! I wonder if it's too little too late now

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
namechange for the bb venice

http://phandroid.com/2015/09/24/blackberry-priv-venice-wallpaper-download/

now the blackberry priv

priv

priv

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Waterloo must be the saddest of sad sack towns right now

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

gruberpostin':

chen doing a bad job of showing off the priv

1) he insists it's priv = privacy. the reporter replies are you sure it isn't privilege? he squirms and says its both
2) "it runs google"
3) appears to have never used one before and the unit was not properly prepped to demo chrome
4) "it has the latest specs"
5) reporter: is this the phone that will bring back the users that abandoned bb for a different operating system?
"well, i think everyone loved bb10 but there's not enough apps. so if i could provide all the apps of bb10 that would be a smashing success"
"but this is the best that we could do"

it's like curb your enthusiasm level awkward

motherfucker acting like it's the day of the science fair and he forgot all about it for the last 6 months so he dug out last year's project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

sleep tight androider

*a lone tear rolls down John Chen's face as he smothers bb with a pillow

"Suffer no more my little man" he whispers

• Locked thread