Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I like Khalni Hydra because I am a dumb Timmy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

C-Euro posted:

Terravore. Odyssey came out right when I started to get more into Magic besides just going against my one friends and my first booster from that phase had a Terravore. I want it re-printed so I can build a deck around it, I love the card.

My first ever win was with the lovely Seventh Edition starter goblin deck, with a few add-ons that I got for cheap. I got my opponent to 5 or so life, but he was dominating the board position. I put a Granite Grip on a Clickslither, fed a goblin to it, and trampled over his creatures to eke in those last few points of damage.

My second ever win was through land destruction via Goblin Gardner :downs:

I like goblins.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Dungeon Ecology posted:

lol j/k it's Razor Boomerang

Rod of Ruin

post cards that you like ironically

Seriously though, at this rate it's going to be in more core sets than Giant Growth and Giant Spider. Rod of Ruin should have been the real core set survivor, with a new art each time. :colbert: At the very least it probably has the highest ratio of sets it's in to sets that people want it to be in.

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 7, 2014

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

The only similarity I see in those red cards is that they're all red :geno:

Oh wait, they all have fire in them!

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 20, 2014

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I think some of his Ravnica lands were pretty good. v:shobon:v

Forgestoker Dragon also looks really lousy. I wonder what happened with this set.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

He could be referring to when the cards were made, not when the set is released.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:wcw:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

What happened to Brygus the Brave, I have to know

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

jassi007 posted:

I knew someone was going to object to me saying she had asian features. Whatever. These two people don't look like each other.

It happens:

v:v:v

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:stare:

You could take off either one of those abilities and he'd probably still be playable

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Applebees posted:

What's purple?

The booster pack.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

meanolmrcloud posted:

Keranos has got to be in the top tier of gods, better than xenagos, probably better than ephara. It's either card advantage through drawing, card advantage through removing threats or a clock. I suppose it doesn't deal with DD, polukranos or courser though.

But he will have 6 cmc :v:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

holy poo poo that ultimate :laffo:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

It's the only sheep I can think of that shows up prominently in Greek mythology. I suppose it could tap for Protection for Cyclopses but that's a bridge too far, even for Maro.

The name makes me think more of the golden fleece.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

MiddleEastBeast posted:

How do they reprint Reprisal in a block with loving Vanquish the Foul? I know these sets are apparently designed years in advance but I can't help reading its inclusion in JOU as "everyone chewed our heads off after Vanquish being orders of magnitude worse than Reprisal so gently caress it, here ya go".

yeah but scry 1

I wonder if Deserter's Quarters will see any use in limited. It's overcosted, but it's colorless removal.

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 18, 2014

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Zemyla posted:

So black and green get land destruction, and red doesn't.

Red still has demolish :v:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

A new one for every standard season :getin:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

netcat posted:

I just wish we could get this piece on a real card

Somewhat related, I heard that the Hanna on Fact or Fiction is meant to be a self portrait.

Also my first rare was a Clickslither. I actually won some games with it. :3:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

ungulateman posted:

Ashling the Planeswalker should totes be a thing.

Whether it's the Pilgrim or the Extinguisher, well, you'll just have to find out... :getin:

It really is a shame that despite Lorwyn being the set that introduced Planeswalkers, there hasn't been a Planeswalker from Lorwyn.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Bugsy posted:

Norn is sweet as hell like everyone is saying, but hot drat do I love those old frame swords. Artifacts are supposed to be brown not loving silver.

I think it's been a long time since artifacts have been portrayed as ancient magical relics discovered in dig sites.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

I imagine that out of all of these, Dark Ritual would completely obliterate the format the most.

Also the effect is in red now.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

change my name posted:

I have two of these in my deck right now:

Printed in the same set as Corpsejack Menace :shepface:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

When I first started playing the only decks people made were decks themed around a creature type so you'd have elf decks against angel decks and somehow the angel deck wins

Also everyone played mono color decks

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Yeah most of those aren't simple and amateur; they're still amazingly detailed, probably more so than a lot of modern art.

Except for stasis, stasis sucks

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Excuse me are you people trying to imply that this is anything other than the best art that had been or ever will be made?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Would love to see a set released with both Morph and Levelers as mechanics.

Morph and Transform. On the same card. :getin:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Maro did a thing a few days back where he had people submit pairs of mechanics and he'd say which one would be more likely to return. Morph is more likely than traps and modular but less so than double faced cards and miracle.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Retcon posted:

They want dead characters to actually stay dead and Mishra never was a Planeswalker. So yeah, chances seem low. I'm still holding out for a proper Urza card in a supplemental product, though.

There's always Time Spiral 2

I hope

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Phenax is good in limited :smuggo:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Greek tragedy at least has the protagonist's downfall be due to his or her own mistakes or flaws. I'm not really sure if that applies here.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Dack2D2

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

2 dack 2 furious

Boxman posted:

Who on earth could that be that they don't want to spoil her name?

Also no New Phyrexian soul booooo

I guess it's just that the name isn't very important so they don't want to bother squinting at it a bunch.

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 23, 2014

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

RoleModel posted:

Magic: the Gathering: the Sitcom

Also written by MaRo.

OneDeadman posted:

Come on, it's clearly going to be a Buddy Cop television show.

Coming to the USA television network Q4 2014

Either one would be better than what we have now

edit: there's some new art in that article.

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 26, 2014

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Veyrall posted:

Brimaz is a lion-man right? In fact, he's king of the lion-men? With a big white scar over one eye?

Main villain for Return to Theros is confirmed.

Brimaz doesn't have a scar over his eye.

But Ajani does :tinfoil:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

netcat posted:

That art is a loving travesty and I don't get why they keep changing iconic pieces like this.

I especially love how the background is completely blank and the little added skull because Psychatog eats graveyards I guess.

Actually the skull is missing the top part because psychatog eats brains :eng101:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

jscolon2.0 posted:

Norin, Lord of Innistrad

Elesh Norin

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Ramos posted:

As requested.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Elyv posted:

Scuttling Doom Engine: Better or worse name than Gravegill Axeshark?

There is no better name than gravegill axeshark and there never will be

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

BJPaskoff posted:

I found this amazing art on imgur today:

I'd love it on a playmat! I love Tibalt looking in forlornly from the window.

I found a similar one a while ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

C-Euro posted:

They missed a great chance to alter a gold rear end onto Golden Hind.

Swap it with the art for spiteful blow

• Locked thread