Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Uh oh...Gevlon might be tired of funding all the wardecs with nothing to show for it (this was a Lemmings alliance mail sent out after they spent an entire afternoon reinforcing POCOs that they never came back to kill):

quote:

Donations and Great Future
To: Darwins Lemmings [.GRR.]
ALLIANCERemove Label
Guys,

We have the Goonswarm, Greater Western and Fidelas guys perma decced. And LI3, SMA, Circle of Two, FA, Razor and a few other CFC (related) alliances on war rotation. This is being supported by Gevlon. But if you want more of these decs for longer periods, feel free to donate isks for more wars. The are expensive (400-500M/week/war), so any help is welcome.

You have my word that every isks send to the alliance wallet, will be used for alliance.

Darwins Lemmings Holding is the exec corp to donate too (right click etc).

Great job on the joint fleet, to shoot so many Goonswarm customs today (30+). BIG thanks also to the ceo's / fc for leading this !

Tomorrow two new corps will join and I am working on a thing with a big 0.0 alliance who will join the fun :). More info soon.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Darwins_lemmings GREAT ! 400 members next week and our fleets will get bigger and bigger. recruit all your friends and spam local with :

Darwins Lemmings - Marmite Collective Evil Bro's - 24/7 WAR - With Goonswarm / RvB / Greater Western / SMA / LI3 and more CFC alliances!

Or your own corp advert of course :)

I am having many cruisers being build right now for alliance. More things are being build right now by our many indy friends, but I cant tell you much more till they have arived (train Tengu!).

Kill them all !

General Lemming

http://i.imgur.com/WeieyEn.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

Your name is the only thing you can screw up. Make sure it's something you can live with: you can't change it.

And that it doesn't start with A.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Glory of Arioch posted:

What?

Note the 81km optimal and 100km lock range.

What is it if you add boosters?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Glory of Arioch posted:

Note the presence of an Eos boosting the ship in the bottom.

Fleet and Squad boosters don't make a difference? Or is that covered by the Eos? (I don't really know how boosting works)

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
EN24 has hit a new low...they are letting Snot Shot write columns. :cripes:

quote:

The most obvious core agenda RL money maker protected by the CFC coalition is the propaganda website created by The Mitanni of the GSF. The typical CFC pilot would take a bullet in RL to protect The Mittani and the money he makes from his website. The website is a powerful propaganda tool which nets him interviews, exposure in the gaming media, and shapes the identity of the CFC pilot as they drink the narrative from it like one would from a fire hose. What’s the narrative they follow? The narrative that protects the core agenda RL money maker is “it’s us against them”. Following this narrative in a video game is simple, easy for the line pilot to understand, and can be directed at a target with little effort. Would these CFC line pilots do the same for their CEO or Alliance? Probably not due to the fact that their in game identity is worth more as a CFC pilot (aka mistaken Goon) than it is as just a (insert name here) Alliance pilot.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Siets posted:

I once participated in one of these years ago and got banned from intel for a week. :smith:

Vile Rat used to rule the intel channel with an iron fist. He banned me for trolling an OWN Alliance director (right before they got purged from dek) over spelling or something dumb. I had to donate 300 million isk to the corp wallet before he would let me back in. :3:

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

padijun posted:

Is the fyf celestis going to get much use or is that mostly for war time large fleet stuff?

I hope FYF gets used a lot since the forces of ~elite PvP~ hate it so much but you can take a Celestis on just about any fleet that gets formed that's not frigates only.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Huge_Midget posted:

European Goonion and Space Violence deployed to Delve to have some gudfites and TEST promptly shat their pants and hosed off to lowsec.

You guys forgot the part where they tried to come back to nullsec (as a strong alliance that didn't need no coalition) and lived in Curse for a while where they were terrorized by former TEST FC DingoGS and the members of Freedom Squad before falling back to lowsec FW.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

FoF posted:

For all the hate they give TEST at least we caused a war.

That wasn't a war...we just put TEST out of its own misery. I've never seen such a toxic community (from line members constantly making GBS threads on the people doing the heavy lifting of running an alliance to the director level idiots stealing everything that wasn't nailed down) and that is what killed TEST.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

mikey posted:

(Also, if it is really that bad, when can we expect the inevitable :commissar: of the most terrible CFC alliances now that the war is over?)

The problem is that GSF might be the most terrible alliance in the CFC.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

mikey posted:

Surely they're reimbursing these socket disconnect deaths?

According to posts in eve-o GMs are sending back canned "it is your hardware or your ISP" for tickets related to socket closures.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Pomp posted:

I don't know why people who claim to play for PVP and run from anything resembling a fight even play EVE.

":ohdear: I might lose a ship."

MOA are particularly bad about this. They will hotdrop afk ratters all day but if you take a gang to fight them they cry about ~dishounourable blobbers~ and dock up.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Uba Stij posted:

Gevlon must be smoking some good poo poo.

He's mad because we blew up his wormhole yesterday.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

Does Gevlon actually have followers for his shell corporation or is it just him with a couple hundred alts, moving divisions on his in-game map that don't exist as he strategizes how to win the war against goons in the next coming months.

The corp that he was using for his wormhole operations is just him and his alts. The Darwins Lemmings are made up of Marmite Collective alts, CFC spies (the main corp in the alliance accepts any application submitted), and maybe a couple 'grr goons' highsec pubbies who got taken in by his eve-o threads.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Voyager I posted:

Please tell me more about blowing up Gevlon's wormhole.

The combined forces of Theta Squad, Holesquad, and the Ministry of Love invaded the Goblin's PI paradise wormhole and reinforced his POS and ten POCOs while he tried trolling us in local. I had to leave before everything was set on fire but apparently the POS and exit wormholes were bubbled so he has been prevented from evaccing much of anything.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

pugnax posted:

Back when TEST was young and impressionable they learned the whole "lol get mad about words on the internet" schtick from goons

TEST is a cargo cult. They jumped on all the lovely parts of "goon culture" but didn't balance it with a core group of people who hold the rest of the shitlords together and make it possible for them to just play spaceships without having to worry about things like stocking markets, logistics, SRP, diplomats, leading fleets, etc. There were people within TEST willing to do all those things but the general memberships treated them like crap until they were run out of the alliance.

If TEST had fled to lowsec and actually worked on fixing those issues they might have made a successful comeback at some point but based on what's currently going on it looks like those problems have actually gotten worse and now people in charge are getting super defensive about getting called on it.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Daler Mehndi posted:

I was looking at Evething, and one of my guys is about 50 days away from sitting in an Archon. However I noticed the plan doesn't include JDC V and JFC V. I have zero experience with capitals, but aren't those rather important to get?

JDC V is great but the vast majority of capswarm ops are planned around people having JDC IV. JFC V probably isn't worth the month long training time unless you are going to use jump freighters a lot.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

Sir Prencleeve Grothesmore:

If you are reading this, and I know you are, you have an outstanding invitation to join elite spaceship pvp corp The New Era. Come on over and app in, kiddo.

It's good to know that kid is keeping his (impossible) dream alive.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

goodness posted:

So what do you guys think BNi should do if they are getting beat down so hard?

Ditch TEST, stop getting involved with sov warfare unless that's what you're really going to be about, go back to being about newbies and making it fun for them.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Tippis posted:

DX11 how-to:s and Oculus Rift dev kits? :D

Oh god they really are going all in on the oculus rift nonsense.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

The Leper Colon V posted:

I have no idea who Preencleeve even is, and this is incredibly :suspense:.

13 year old kid who got scammed by goons, dedicated his life to either joining GSF/destroying GSF, got banned by CCP for posting Mittens' parents' personal information on eve-o.

He also sang The Impossible Dream in a youtube video that was pretty great.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Alexzandvar posted:

I have zero idea were your getting this we don't have goons in our fleet because a vast majority of our people are all from GEWNS or member corps like me. We aren't really that big either, only running VG's right now, it's not like were running HQ's and refusing people into fleet because not enough shiny on their ship, we only fly t1 battleships.

It's called cfc.incursions because we allow anyone from the CFC in like other "squads". There haven't been any pings on jabber because were just a group that decided to start doing incursions again, I don't think we have any CFC/GSF directors with us.

I'm getting flashbacks from when incursions were first released and TEST took over the CFC incursion group and started complaining about all the "Goon pubbies" who kept showing up in non-optimal ships.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Glory of Arioch posted:

Man, you guys need to stop caring so loving much about shooting red crosses.

fixed

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Kheldragar posted:

What about in the case of Gevlon Goblin? :v:

He posted yesterday that he's not funding the Marmite alts anymore and he's back to writing awful posts about playing the market.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Hollow Talk posted:

have been told to shut up because my character has only been in corporation for a bit over a month

Isn't BNI's sole purpose to provide support and content to new players?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Artificer posted:

Don't the other skills also affect hull/weapon and support skills? Or are the benefits to perception and intelligence worth it for the penalties to all other skills?

Skills get benefits from two different stats (a primary and a secondary). Most of the skills you will be training as a newbie are either perception/willpower or intelligence/memory so to cover yourself reasonably well you put your points in perception and int so you have a good score in the primary stat of those skills.

e:fb (by microseconds)

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Ice Fist posted:

Wow, uhh... BNI aren't nearly as :shobon: anymore.

They were pretty cute, but now they just seem like complete shitlords.

It's sad how quickly TEST's toxicity spread to BNI. I had hope they would resist after the initial banning of some TEST shitlords from BNI comms but based on that forum thread it seems like they have managed to completely destroy what made BNI great.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Deofuta posted:

I don't know about the other groups in this menagerie, but with TEST the line given was thus: BNI is the head of this coalition, and the prime decision maker. TEST is entirely subordinate to BNI when it comes to coalition level decisions.

Nobody actually believes this.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

orange juche posted:

Aren't you in TEST?

He's being facetious.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Blawrf posted:

Gotta agree with this. I think we haven't seen genuine incompetence in a while to this degree so we confuse it with malice.

Why can't it be both? TEST is obviously desperate to become a player in nullsec again but TEST being TEST they picked the most incompetent group of people to use as a meatshield: a giant horde of newbies who don't know what the gently caress they are doing and people so awful that they couldn't hack it alongside luminaries like Nulli and NCdot.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

hemophilia posted:

Well, I stand corrected then. I've seen lots of incidences where the opposite has happened though. I jokingly posted "mein fuehrer!" in The Mittani's CSM7 candidacy thread. The post got deleted and I got a temporary ban just for that. I've seen lots of people moderated in and out of game for really stupid minor jokey nazi stuff. I wouldn't expect them to put up with what /pol/ would bring to the table.

The problem is that CCP takes instant action if you call somebody a Nazi but they don't do anything to the people who are actual Nazi sympathizers.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Alexzandvar posted:

It's important not to paint the entirety of 4chan with the same brush however, /tg/, /mlp/, a few other of the medium to small sized boards stay fairly on topic and are much higher in quality than shitholes like /b/, /v/ and /pol/.

Yeah bronies are well-known for their high quality posting.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Deofuta posted:

Because what BNI wants is one of us (or anyone for that matter)to go over and take charge.

You're trying way too hard.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Sounds like it's time to re-add the 'Holocaust Denier' section to CCP's wikipedia page.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

pugnax posted:

just a whole lot of the 'TEST is a bad influence' nonsense being spewed ITT

Who has TEST had a positive influence on? Everybody they have been allied with has either died or turned on them after realizing how toxic they are.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

ranbo das posted:

I was reading it as "forums where everyone can say whatever they want are poo poo, forums that are a huge mod-enforced echo chamber/circlejerk are also poo poo, you need a healthy balance between the two"

That sounds like a great place to end this particular derail.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

Who did Razer kill?

IRC

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

twoot posted:

It is on Massively: Here's some of the cyberbullying that happens in EVE Online.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

I'm surprised Brendan Drain isn't all over the story considering he goes full Tumblrite SJW every time something bad happens to anybody in Eve (he's the guy who had a complete breakdown and had to leave the game for several months when his little Massively corp got robbed).

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

padijun posted:

Harry Forever needs to be set blue. ~content creation~

I don't think he's mentally ill, just bored. He hosed off back to highsec for a while to do PvE stuff, and now he occasionally comes back to try to kill cyno frigs. that strikes me more as someone with too much time on their hands.

If I remember correctly Harry's entire problem is that when he made his first trip into nullsec he got reported in our intel channels and a gate camp was formed to pop him. He thought he was going to be safe because he had fitted his stealth bomber with a bunch of warp core stabilizers which he thought made him safe from bubbles. When he hosed off to eve-o to complain about goonhax he got soundly mocked and decided to become our mascot for a while. He's not mentally ill and is actually pretty funny to chat with in local.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
All of the NPC corp alts in that thread complaining about now having to choose between high DPS or high survivability on their supers makes me really happy.

• Locked thread