Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Hitman #52: otherdimensional entities known as the Many-Angled Ones are poised to destroy Gotham, and then the world. Standing in their way is Six-Pack, a delusional drunk who thinks he's a superhero.

Despite having no powers, and knowing he has no powers and knowing that everyone thinks he's a drunken joke, he still faces off against the demons.

drat right that's what superheroes do.

This has always been one of my favorite scenes in comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

prefect posted:

That is one fast-acting pill.

It wouldn't have been as dramatic to have Gordon take it with food and make the crowd stand around for 45 minutes.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

The Atom was based on a real person as well, Joe 'The Mighty Atom' Greenstein was a strongman who was only 5'4" and 140lbs, but was freaky strong.

His life story reads something like a superhero comic.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/index.cgi?id=651068116795

quote:

In 1928 a Buffalo newspaper mentioned that he secured a Fairchild FC-2 loving AIRPLANE to his hair with a chain, then held the aircraft in place while the pilot revved the engine up to 30 miles an hour.  Another strongman tried this same feat of strength a few years later and died when he scalped himself.

:stare:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

"Here is your question...... is Jean Grey dead?"

This is the kind of logical paradox that makes robots explode

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Uthor posted:

In the intro he writes that he got into wrestling when he was stuck awake at night by his newborn in 2018. So he's been into wrestling like two years longer than I have!

tbf wrestling has made great strides to just being a comic book in recent years

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1735869106782421256?t=GP3NxiPoVNoveC_qq3zdeg&s=19