Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

The womb strangling was only one of multiple different endings to that film - some markets received it in theatres, but most only saw it if they got the dvd with the theatrical release being the ending where the aliens hand out boob necklaces.
As is tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

Wolverine was in a team with Colossus and Cyclops. The smell of lonely night tugs probably doesn't even register for him anymore.

I just wanted to say that I've been laughing about this for like a day straight.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Dan Carvey's career is indeed very sad, though.
Ouch

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

purple death ray posted:

but the axe murderer movie is bad, sorry
There are a few good individual scenes, but there are huge stretches of the rest of the movie that are completely snoozeville.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bessantj posted:

1. Is there a list of all the Marvel and DC collections? 2. Are collections a comprehensive way of collecting together all the stories of a particular character?

1. Probably not.*

2. Sometimes.**

*I mean, you're talking hundreds, if not thousands of various in-and-out-of-print collections and re-collections spanning decades of all sizes and scope. You might as well ask for a spreadsheet of all rock CDs.

**Most of the time they collect by story arc, I would guess, but there is no rule.

It would be better to ask what or who you're looking to read about, and get recommendations about pertaining collections from there.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 30, 2017

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bessantj posted:

I don't know too much about this stuff so thanks for the extra info. If I was looking to collect a reasonable history of both the Justice League and Avengers and just in the main continuity would that be a bit more feasible?

I updated my answer above, probably as you were typing, btw.

And yes, that's a much more feasible question!

I would suggest you hit up the Recommendation thread stickied at the top of the forum and post your question there, as you'll get better responses.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

I am pretty sure there are like six separate comics that boil down to what the gently caress is up with Donna Troy.

And we still don't know!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bessantj posted:

Who has been served worst by retconning?
The comic book reading audience when Jason Todd was now not dead.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What's the deal with Hickman's SHIELD? Is it ever going to be finished, and would I be annoyed if I read it in its current form but never got a conclusion?
There's no story anyway, so a conclusion isn't really going to make much of a difference.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I can't remember any details but surely Joker dies in the Red Rain trilogy at some point.

edit: he does
http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Joker_(Earth-43)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 29, 2017

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

Also, is there a really good run for an Elektra solo book? The new one is ok, but I feel like there's probably better iht there.
The 90s Peter Milligan/Deodato run :getin:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bessantj posted:

What are some of Wonder Woman's best stories, I don't know enough about the character, looking forward to the movie though.

See the last page of the DC Comics thread, there was just a flurry of suggestions offered there yesterday.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 3, 2017

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I tried to read the article on a friggin Pixel XL and I had to give up after trying to scroll further down, the page was so user​-unfriendly and sluggish. :(

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

What became of Sherlock Holmes in the LoEG universe? In the first volume, he's only mentioned in the "present day" of the storyline, then he appears in a flashback where he beats Moriarty at Reichenbach and the last we see of him is him climbing back to safety. Neither he nor Watson are mentioned in volume two and I don't recall any mention of him in the subsequent entries.

http://lxg.wikia.com/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

Ah right, I see. So it was basically like the novels. It's always odd how writers love using Mycroft and Moriarty but never Holmes himself. Biggest example that occurs to me: Kim Newman explained that Holmes and Watson are political prisoners in a camp on the Sussex Downs in Anno Dracula because if Holmes had been in London he would have solved the murder mystery in no time and there wouldn't have been a plot. :v:

I think it's a case that Sherlock has already been used one hundred billion times, so giving the spotlight to the secondary characters is more fun and allows the writer to put their own stamp on them, whereas Holmes is always going to be well, Holmes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Disharmony posted:

Can anyone recall which Wizard magazine issue had that story about Mike Diana's case? All I remember is that it was in '97 but that's about it.

http://www.cbr.com/the-guide-to-the-guide-to-comics-wizard-74-october-1997/