Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I could definitely stir some poo poo up about Palmiotti's story, but why bother. Most of the rest of the issue was great, except Mark Waid's part which was just boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's Copycat, Deadpool's abused love interest from way back when he was a straight up X-Force villain. The climax of his very first mini-series was that scene where he saved her but she told him they couldn't be together anymore. Apparently he didn't take it too well!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Even Deadpool doesn't think it's going to last.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Don't listen to that guy. Deadpool MAX is awesome.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

And Cable! <:mad:>

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I am not a big fan of Way's book but I thought his description of Hydra Bob as "like those lovely AI partners in video games who screw everything up" was pretty spot-on.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm really sorry you read Daniel Way's Deadpool.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That kinda looks like someone handcam'd a Garry's Mod movie made using the model from the Deadpool game, but I'm a natural cynic.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

To go against what Spigs wrote, by the time Cable/Deadpool started, they aren't really "frenemies" at all. They HATE each other and Deadpool made his comics debut being hired to kill Cable and his team the New Mutants/X-Force.

They did have a moment or two before C&D, didn't they? I wanna say during Tieri's run?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That entire comic is 100% gold.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

I am still unclear how the new Flagsmasher thought the plan would go.

Planning has never been much of a Flag Smasher thing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

Fair enough. Meanwhile, here's who I have penned for the bottom 5:

20) Rob Rodi: Identity Disc was poo poo.

Now I know for a fact I read that, but I can never remember a drat thing about it.

Is that the story where Deadpool and Wolverine confront each other on a dam? Or is that something else?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

That's kinda up there with that page of Creed whistling and casually walking away while Deadpool freaks out on... Rhino?

I think it was Crossbones?

Sabretooth has some good comedy chops.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

redbackground posted:

That was more of a general aside, as the modern incarnation of Deadpool is much easier to get into than the really terrible person that Deadpool is, who is frankly difficult to side with, for a lot of Kelly's run.

Being terrible was what made him a compelling character, though. Without that stuff he's just a wacky guy people poo poo on.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

I hope Duggan ends up with the longest run on Deadpool. Who has that title now?

Probably that one cosplayer, if you combine all his adventures into an imgur album.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Boinks posted:

Deadpool prices have gone insane.

Why is my copy of What If: Deadpool/Venom from a few years ago selling for $170 :psyduck:

Dude, loving sell that piece of crap.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Uhhh and I wanted to buy my sister some trades of the classic Kelly run or Cable and Deadpool for her birthday :(. Well hopefully comic book stores won't be as insane.

You're better off getting her a Marvel Unlimited subscription, methinks.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Cashing in on movie hype.

Nobody reading this better buy that loving game. Not even on Steam sale.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The game also has lots of bad turret sections.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

Agent X?

Speaking of Agent X, how lame is it that he's one of 5 comic book characters I have a pitch for?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

You're talking to a guy who's been wanting to write the Eradicator for forever.

We could do an Amalgam issue where they compare eyewear.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mr. Fowl posted:

Someone we've never seen or heard of before who is only tangentially connected to Deadpool, like a random grunt he killed was their kid

It better not be this.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If nothing else it doesn't really seem like Crossbones' style.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Whoever it turns out to be better actually do the Vince speech in the comic.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

Hey, remember 8 loving months ago when I said I was going to do an article that ranked all the Deadpool writers from worst to best? Well, after the article being shoved into the backburner a bunch of times, then being put on the shelf by my editor as a rainy day thing to post for when the movie was getting closer, it FINALLY got published.

Here it is. All the Deadpool writers ranked.

This is good stuff. I can't wait to see it reposted on imgur without attribution and most of the text cut off.

Oh, you refer to Deadpool Pulp as Deadpool Noir once, fyi.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oh yeah, you might wanna mention Hastings writing Gwenpool in your part about him, too. Unless you left that out intentionally.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oohhh yeah.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You know, since alternate universe/future Deadpools have come up, I've always wanted to see Deadpool interact with an alternate version of himself that never got cancer and never went into Weapon X and stayed a completely lovely mercenary his whole life. I'm pretty sure even with the endless memory-loving he's gone through, there still was a period where he was a remorseless, powerless killer for hire with a non-crazy brain, and even back then he was considered really good at what he did. It'd be kinda neat to see what path that Wade (or Jack, if you want to ruffle feathers) took, and how Deadpool would deal with this version of himself (Probably by killing them.)

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 20, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Man, your memory is way better than mine.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

15 Random Things You Didn't Know About Deadpool

Tried to go as obscure as possible here.

You did a pretty good job, those are some obscure-rear end facts.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think it's fair to say that at least some of those will probably never be resolved. It seems having a convoluted history with parts that don't match up is now integral to Deadpool's character.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Heavy Metal posted:

I know he's said Deadpool is pansexual, and Ryan Reynolds was saying it'd be nice to see Deadpool have a boyfriend in a later movie. Though, did Joe Kelly ever mention that for example? And if it never really goes anywhere in Duggan's run and a later writer also doesn't go anywhere with it, did the pansexual tree fall and make any sounds?

Has he kissed men in a non-comedic scene for example? Or ever had a boyfriend in his life that we know of? I also wonder why they go for pansexual instead of bisexual, though I did recently hear about a documentary on people sexually attracted to cars.

You know how online when people discuss superpowers, they ask about "feats"? I'm looking to hear about Deadpool's gay feats.

Deadpool has repeatedly had gay dreams about Cable. On a more serious tone, lots of people come out very late in their lives, especially if they're not 100% gay but rather fall somewhere more ambiguous on the spectrum of sexuality.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I didn't mean to imply anything.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's actually pretty standard for superheroes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

Well, Dan Abnett would.

Probably Nick Spencer too, if you catch my drift.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I could see some suit looking at the demographic that really likes deadpool and vetoing making him unstraight, yeah.

I know Marvel has that weird clause that Spider-man can't be gay in any adaptations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

His love Interests would obviously be Mario-Joe Watson and Gin Stacy, after he breaks up with Bobby Brant.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Archyduke posted:

Which LGBTQA superhero/villain has had the most mainstream visibility?

I think Northstar and Loki are the most visible on Marvel's side (maybe Hercules counts? Abnett went and hosed that up a bit) and Batwoman and Alan Scott on the DC side. Not exactly A-listers.

Archyduke posted:

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm sort of taken aback that the Avengers movies got away with being a team of straight white people.

They've been kinda slammed about that in some circles, and the books have been double slammed when the Heroic Age launched like 2 Avengers books with only white straight people in the teams.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

They were a lot funnier 12 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm both sorry you had to write about Evil Deadpool and mad you made me think about Evil Deadpool.

• Locked thread