Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

onefish posted:

Get stuff from this sale. Especially Rat Queens, Manhattan Projects, Saga, Sex Criminals, and possibly Lazarus and East of West.

Here's the link to the Comixology sale collection page:

https://www.comixology.com/Image-Eisner-Nominees-Sale-Up-to-66-Off/list/1897

Well holy poo poo I was just thinking I need to grab Saga when it goes on sale like an hour ago.

EDIT: God drat I either own or want to buy so much of what's here.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well gently caress. My brother and I use the same iTunes account for purchases and we buy tons of comics by alternating adding a gift card every week. This completely kills that :smith:

You can't even browse the store in the app. That's stupid.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's good for a month so I'd wait to see what sales are coming out.

(sure would have been nice to have last week during the Eisner sale)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Looking at their mobile site from my phone and all right it's not too terrible to browse/buy poo poo so I'm not as angry as I was. It even has an icon for your bookmark!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trast posted:

That article seems to very "the sky is falling" when at most it just added another step to buying a comic for Ipad users. Also you can't tell me Apple wouldn't have done the same thing to the android platforms if they'd bought Comixology.

Now I'm imagining them closing comixology and routing everything though iBooks.

Oh God :stonk:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hadji murad posted:

Comixology's site hasn't been updated yet but the Marvel App has. I guess I'll be using that to buy Wednesday comics in the future. The Image app hasn't been updated either as of 11pm JST.

? Site updated a free minutes after 9 for me. It was slow and I can't see previews but I bought a few new releases an hour ago.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

unl33t posted:

As someone vaguely interested in Godzilla, but also trying to keep a cap on how much they're spending on Comixology, is the entire Godzilla bundle worthwhile, or should I just go a la carte? If the latter, is there anything aside from Half-Century War that's can't miss?

Half Century War is above everything else by a mile. The rest vary from terrible to somewhat entertaining.

Here's a sample from Rulers of Earth

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

From Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #6

Godzilla is fighting Mecha-Gigan and Orga. Military is trying to also help. Things are looking grim but then...

NEXT ISSUE: PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH

Godzilla Legends has a few good ones (The Anguirus one is Anguirus vs Destroyah and it's badass in a "little guy never giving up way")

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you didn't immediately buy One Punch Man Vol. 1 & 2 then there's something fundamentally wrong with you.

EDIT: Here's a random chapter turned into a gif

So drat good.

And this is the protagonist

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 10, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

96 comics for $11 is a hell of a deal.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Harlock posted:

Did Marvel do a promotion last year for Comic Con with Marvel Unlimited?

Thinking about subscribing, but wondering if I should wait the week or so to see if anything special comes out of this weekend.

I think the last comic con had a $1 for the first month promotion.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh god these sales are going to kill me.

I wonder why the Sex Criminal trade is more expensive than buying them individually. I'm probably still grabbing it as I enjoy having the volume over the singles.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Speaking of comixology backups, Saga volumes (and I imagine other trades) are now available for download.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Flameingblack posted:

I'm going to spend over $100 this month catching up on Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, the Robin sale, and the Guadians/Thanos sales.

I can't believe I've bought so many loving comics this month :negative:

Dont forget the sure to be this weekend TMNT sale!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I hadn't checked today :negative:

That bundle is looking pretty drat tempting. Makes it easy as hell to catch up.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 5, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anyone else having problems buying comics this morning? New comics are out and I can't read them and this makes me angry :argh:

EDIT: Seems to be an issue with Amazon payments I switched to credit card and the sale went through. Crisis averted.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Phylodox posted:

90s as gently caress.

The HBO animated series was pretty badass.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm confused with that Transfomers bundle. The bulk of if is on the PWYW tier which is Vol. 1-6 then #34-37. The volumes say they have 29 issues total so where's 30-33?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Syrinxx posted:

This sounds so dumb but unless comixology matches I don't want to buy these because I can't stand the idea of having a third place to look for comics I've bought.

Amazon needs to start doing the price matching everything they do with comixology because hell if I'm starting another digital library elsewhere.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

One day someone will make a good T&A comic and redeem the genre. You just wait.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This series is real good. I had picked up #1-28 on the previous sale so it's time to play catch up and buy the last 3 volumes which should get me up to #40.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

onefish posted:

Image Eisner nominees sale!
https://www.comixology.com/2015-Image-Eisner-Nominee-Sale/page/6360

50% off anything from Saga, Walking Dead, The Wicked & the Divine, Southern Bastards, Pretty Deadly, or Madman released before 3/25/15. Hooray!

Saga Vol 4, I've been waiting for this!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

The best thing is the actual Age of Ultron series has not been put on sale.

Age of Ultron is a stupid Wolverine story with Ultron showing up literally on the last issue.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat Hickman's entire Avengers/New Avengers is up for sale* as a prelude to Secret Wars.

*as a bundle. I don't think you can just grab a single issue.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 4, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They all say read for me so I wasn't sure :negative:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Opopanax posted:

$70 all together, eh? And this would be the entire run up to Secret Wars or is there anything else in between?

Infinity is the only thing missing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheHeadSage posted:

So if I get both of those bundles, is there anything else I need to read to understand Secret Wars?

Infinity. Anything else from him (his Ultimates and F4/FF runs) are optional. They're referenced throughout but more of a "oh hey this thing from back when" rather than something integral to the story.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uthor posted:

Bleeding Cool ... comiXology ... social media platform ... blah blah blah
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/27/comixology-4-0-update-will-implement-social-media-features/

Though I'm excited about the word "lists". Hopefully you can make reading lists!

Cool I get to bitch about comics on another site/app now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Heh, I guess Apple is still angry about comixology/amazon pulling purchases from the app. They have an entire section for comics (because of SDCC) and Comixology is not suggested / mentioned. :lol:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I read The Wicked + The Divine Vol 1 yesterday and thought it was loving great.

I read Vol 2 this morning and holy loving poo poo I need to immediately switch to single issues because gently caress waiting for Vol 3.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

beergod posted:

If they just had HD comics in the web browser I wouldn't give a poo poo about the app.

Speaking of, do they have any HD samples anywhere? I'm debating grabbing an iPad Mini 4 to replace my dying iPad 3 and comics is the only thing I haven't had to try at a store.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Teenage Fansub posted:

I should just quit buying full priced new Image comics and wait for sales, they're so frequent.

This is what I do. I'm buying a ton of poo poo today!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Finished off what I was missing from Rat Queen and grabbed Sex Criminals, East of West Vol 4, and Wytches. $25 for a ton of comics is a drat good deal.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sex Criminals is not what I was expecting. There's some really, really, good moments and I love the characters and this would make a terrific show if they can license Queen but at the same time the story is... I don't know how to explain it. Individually, I like almost everything about it. But when you put it all together something isn't clicking.

hadji murad posted:

How are the recent issues of Rat Queens?

I only bought signed up to 10 (vol 2) since I had the first six and it's good. The new artist is pretty good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I didn't see it advertised but on a whim I browsed around and there's a few Viz Bundles on-sale right now including :siren: ONE PUNCH MAN :siren: Volumes 1-5 for $19.99 (42% off). That's 5 out of the 8 released volumes and a drat good price too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uthor posted:

gently caress, now Marvel is doing a buy one, get one free sale. I'm assuming across their entire catalog, haven't had a chance to look.

https://m.comixology.com/Marvel-BOGO/page/8510

Oh man I can spend so much money on this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

There's a few tie-ins that were good but they main story was pretty bad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hot take: buy We3. Then give your pets plenty of treats :unsmith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Image has I think everything for 50% off when you use the code image.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Does anyone know what happened with Viz? Looks like they took down almost everything they had including one-punch man. I was looking to buy the rest of the available volumes today. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shitshow posted:

Just a shot in the dark, but have you checked Amazon? I just got the first volume of OSM from there. Maybe they're moving some of the listings over?

Aaaand there they are on the kindle store. I hadn't bothered doing the switch account thing but looks like I'll have to get on that.

EDIT: merged the accounts, bought the rest and everything synced as fast as buying them from comixology. Not too bad. Wish the eligible books could be searched within comixology itself.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 24, 2015