Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It're pretty clear to anyone watching the radar that the so-called 'plane' is actually a missile. There's already several reports of 'maintenance workers' who have never been seen before or since placing boxes on the support beams for the Gulf of Thailand and the South China Sea.

What isn't the government telling us? :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

I'm hearing a lot of unconfirmed reports that the plane actually flew through the atmosphere and has esccaped earth's gravity. Current destination unknown!

It's currently flying over Jurrassic Vietnam. If they turn around, they might be able to get to 1940's Hanoi.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Biscuit posted:

Probably overstaying his visa in Australia and didn't want to go back.

Just another innocent case of Austria/Australia confusion. I'm sure the two countries have a red phone for the other country just to deal with that kinda poo poo.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

genesplicer posted:

Unless this was some sort of test for a more ambitious attack later on.

Like what, though? I mean, a proof of concept attack seems like a massive security risk for an organization.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The plane never existed.

This is all the hallucination of an air safety inspector, haunted by a crash he failed to discover the cause of 15 years ago.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

genesplicer posted:

Seth McFarlane missed his flight, which later ended up bringing down the South Tower.

If only he had made it. Those 'terrorists' would have been loving heroes.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Good run down of the current facts from the BBC. Including the revalation that they're looking for the plane by just standing on the beach and listening really closely.

I think they just mean they're not getting through to the phone but that's a weird way of putting it.

They're puttering around the ocean, calling a cellphone number over and over their ears straining to hear something other than waves.

"You hear anything yet?"

"Nothing... What if it's on vibrate?"

"poo poo, you're right. Let's look for bubbles or something, too."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Knight Corgi posted:

Are those people sociopaths or what.

My Plane Just Crashed, SOOOO?!!!!!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

nnnotime posted:

:stare: But what if instead it's raw Chinese person he's holding in the bowl?

Then it's "long pig" so it still counts

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

awesome-express posted:

Who's Ocam and why does he have a razor

He needed to shave, so he stole the plane.

Simplest explanation.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

duckmaster posted:

Hypothesis 1: The plane was hijacked by terrorists. Evidence:

• Terrorists boarded the plane
  • Terrorists somehow took over the plane
  • Terrorists flew the plane somewhere and did something with it

Hypothesis 2: The plane disappeared. Evidence:

• Turn on a television

Hypothesis 1 does not fit Occam's razor. Hypothesis 2 does. How is this so hard to comprehend?

Seriously, guys, what's so hard to understand?

The plane lost its connection to the Platonic ideal of 'plane' and dissipated into the ether.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dreamlogic posted:

As you yourself said, "the plane disappeared" is a fact, not a hypothesis. You don't need to apply Occam's razor to determine that because it's been clearly established. What are you trying to accomplish here.

It's the Allegory of the Gooncave, it think.

Right now he's the goon in the cave, only able to see vague silhouettes of Wikipedia articles cast by the glow of an LCD screen, trying to form his worldview.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It's probably a perfectly innocent plane that crashed three months ago and now the plane's airline will get hounded by reporters wanting to know if the plane had any terror connections.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think it's a safe bet to say that everyone on that plane, including the pilots, were actually bigfoots.

From the passenger list, the plane carried the following:

- 6 Bunyips
- 2 Wendigos
- 152 Yerens
- 4 Peludas
- Jackie Chan
- 5 Pogeyans
- 7 Orang Pendeks
- 2 I dunno, some kinda Iranian ghost
- 50 Orang Mawas
- 1 Flying Dutchman
- 2 Hakawais
- 1 Chuchunya
- 1 Hungry Ghost
- 2 Pripyat mutants
- 3 Bigfoots

My theory is that Josh Gates stole the plane.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

hofnar posted:

Gonna have to explain this one a little better

I'd have figured they were trash just from the game screenshot.

18 months and 'Australia' is upside down on the mini-map? :psyduck:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Taliaquin posted:

I'm really not sure about this list. I don't think the Flying Dutchman would actually fit on a 777 due to weight limits, like that time Kevin Smith got thrown off a plane, only with sails instead of XXXX(?)L t-shirts.

I believe you'll find that not only are ghosts weightless, they also don't need seat belt extenders.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Taliaquin posted:

Then why don't they make the whole plane out of ghosts then? Couldn't sink if it were weightless.

True but have you ever tried tying ghosts together?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sure it is

Making a kid and raising a kid are entirely separate things.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Disconnecticus posted:

"Holy God, You sure heard what happened to MH370. I cannot stop thinking about this. This is a true miracle for the books."

I thank God almighty that those other people perished horribly but not me. Truly he's merciful.

Well, I think that just about makes up for everything, there, God. Good job, buddy.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

James Polk posted:

okay, this is a pretty "out there" theory, but what are the odds that the plane crashed into the ocean killing all those aboard?

Yeah right, and the moon landings were faked.

Wait, I should pick something that's actually bullshit

Yeah right, and Oswald was - poo poo, wait.

Yeah right, and Obama is Ameri - damnit, this is harder than I thought.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

I have a very chillax blue collar dad who never goes out for conspiracy theories.
Today at lunch while speculating about this incident that he thought there was a chance the plane was diverted to an unexpected location and the passengers were being ransomed or in some way imprisoned and that the US (with perhaps other govt's) were playing along with the "Gee, gosh, where is it who knows?" routine while they hammered out a strategy/negotiation.

Dads gonna dad.

If that was the case, the governments involved could just keep playing dumb and not bother negotiating because whoever took 'em hasn't bothered to make it public.

Why pay money to kidnappers when you can just go to the families all "Welp, they crashed and sank into the *mumble mumble* trench. It's too deep so we'll never be able to recover them. PEACE!"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Evil_Greven posted:

Well now, this is interesting:

Actually, it looks more like a fire extinguisher from an aircraft than a bomb, but okay. Ya'll go check that poo poo out.

It's not painted black and there's not a sputtering fuse on it so I dunno where they're getting bomb from.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Rambling Robot posted:

OUR Maddie <3

Not my Maddie

She was selected, not elected

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Evil_Greven posted:

Oh hey, the Maldives National Defense Force figured out it wasn't a bomb.

Now they think it's likely an aircraft fire extinguisher :v:

Of course, that doesn't mean it's from a downed aircraft - it could just be part of the random assload of garbage floating around in the ocean.

It's unlikely that it's from MH370, though.

Would they be able to determine what plane - if any - it came from?

Or are there not gigantic binders for each plane that just have the serial numbers for all their components like I'm suddenly imagining.

Because I'm picturing a comically huge binder being leafed through by a comically tiny and ancient librarian.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

That's pretty much what I thought. Too many parts, too many planes, not enough money, time, or people.

But frankly, any system that doesn't have a dude who looks like a mini Woodhouse manhandling a cobweb covered book the size of a linebacker onto an antique wooden table is a failure of a system :colbert:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Trixie Hardcore posted:

There's got to be plenty of people with autism who would work on the cheap doing this exact thing.

Work for cheap? They'd probably pay a monthly subscription to do it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

redshirt posted:

This.

Or Bermuda Triangle aliens from an alternate dimension.

The plane is viral marketing for the Syfy Original Movie "Bermuda Tentacles"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The search teams are really over thinking this.

They just need to stop looking and go about their business. Once the plane no longer feels threatened, it'll come out on its own.

A sprinkling of jet fuel might help too. The plane will feel safer if it associated them with getting food.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LOL dude instagrammed a picture of the inside of his rear end

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

mstrkrft posted:

yeah fuckin poseidon hijacked that fucker right into the ocean. thats a fact id say

The pilot offended Poseidon before take off and the plane now has to wander to atone.

He'll make it home eventually, but everyone one else will be eaten by a cyclops, turned to pigs, or eaten by Charybdis or whatever I dunno it's been years since I read the Odyssey

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

No Gravitas posted:

I do wonder where is that airplane.

"A-plane, a-plane, a-planey-OOOOOOHHH!"

"Have you checked the bureau?!"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Drunk & Ugly posted:

the page the goon linked (http://intellihub.com/freelance-jou...e-diego-garcia/ ) says an IPAD 5. he must have inner strength

One of the related articles:

Girlfriend of 370 passenger Wood: ‘Fighter jets accompanied flight 370 in secret militarized operation, my husband is still alive’

Who cares about your husband, lady? Or was he on the same plane as Wood? Did they know they were both loving the same woman?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Slap Happy posted:

Okay, forgive me if this theory has already been put forth:

Maybe the plane was carrying a secret shipment of black boxes? That would explain all these different black boxes they're detecting. Maybe it simply couldn't fly under all the weight.

It was a the maiden flight of a plane built from the same stuff the black boxes are made of.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dude probably butt-dialed a contact and even if the call was connected all the way through - which it probably wasn't because it's on a loving plane - no one's gonna tell us what the few second conversation even was... Ah, who gives a poo poo, get the graphics design interns on this poo poo!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ethanol posted:

Joke is on him, no cell towers at the bottom of the ocean. Should have tried whale calls

Wait. Is that a real picture of the plane???? The horizon indicator indicates safe and level flight!

This is a loving conspiracy

The co-pilot took that picture then shoved his phone up Philip Wood's rear end as they diverted to Diego Garcia

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

DEAR RICHARD posted:

How many pieces were they? tia

For the passengers, it might be better to measure them in terms of volume.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lobok posted:

A new movie about the tragedy, directed by Chinatown:

gently caress, you mean I gotta wait to know what I have until October 3rd?
:negative:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

No. 6 posted:

Can any of us ever truly be found?

The plane is real. It is we who are lost in the ocean of realities.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Anybody else see malaysia airlines and shot down and assume they finally found the other one or something

cause what are the loving odds

I just assumed it was a hoax at first.

"Hey news outlets, I know where that missing plane went! Ukraine!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

it's possible that whoever shot it down mistook it for one of Ukraine's AN-124's, as well

seeing one of these while it is 6 miles vertical in the air and also 12 miles away from you over the ground, it's possible to mistake another large plane for it. though the transponder on MH17 should have been picked up by anyone painting it with an active radar track

the radar/SAM operator could very well have fired without even seeing the plane visually

I doubt it because didn't one of the rebel leadership specifically call it an AN-26 when they proudly announced the shoot-down?

• Locked thread