Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Pomp posted:

No, they're fine. They're how I watched it at first. The reach big issue is that any instance of I, DIO was replaced with "me"

That and it has a few typos and it bugs me that every time someone says "Suzie Q" it pops up as "Suzie Quatro" but otherwise it's pretty solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How does crunchyroll work? I know it's a pay service and I know I'm way too poor to consider paying for an account so are there any other legal alternatives to viewing JoJo? I guess that crunchyroll providing an official way to view jojo means no torrent links to the episodes so I'm guessing I'm out of luck.

edit: got a message from someone who thought I was asking for how to pirate jojo stuff. Just wanna make it clear that that wasn't what I was asking, I was just wondering if there was any other legal way to watch the new jojo outside of crunchyroll because I thought crunchyroll was only available if you paid. I didn't know about them making episodes free after a week so thanks to those who answered my question and sorry zorak if someone reported this thinking I was trying to ask for torrents.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 2, 2014

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It probably makes more sense to just assume that when Erina was rescued that they didn't take the coffin with them and dio just picked it up during his time under the sea.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Reminder: This is a series where a kid from New York used string and small iron balls to finish off an entire race of ancient demigods.

Joseph's from Britain :colbert:

I do think that listing off abilities that stands have that haven't actually shown up yet or been mentioned at all is a bad thing to do but ehhh that's not my place to decide. I figure leave it to Zorak or whatever.

By the way what was with this thread getting stickied a day or 2 ago, was something happening with the show or was it just an error or something?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

mr. stefan posted:

Zorak's trying out the TVIV habit of stickying the thread for a show on the day it airs.

That's why I was confused. It airs on Friday but the thread was stickied like earlier this week so I was confused about if there was something jojo related happening that I wasn't aware of or what. Glad that that's not the case! :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Orgia Carnaval posted:

What would Goku's stand be?

Rock The Dragon

Duh, like it could ever be anything else.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My stand power is called Once In A Lifetime and its power lets me spend way too much time making these things

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

So do you think they'll clear up the censorship when the BDs come out? There was a lot of it in Tower of Grey and the latest episode where they censor Jotaro's smoking.

Of course they will. The shading is only done after the fact, the full animation is still done and then covered up for the broadcast. The other blurays did the same thing with the censorship (just removed the shading) in addition to sometimes redrawing Jonathan's face because drat did he look doofy as gently caress in some of the episodes.

I love how at the end when the ship is exploding all the gently caress over they still manage to just get on some lifeboats. Can't wait for the next episode.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
All of you are forgetting that time Kars tried to blend in with humans by just wearing a trenchcoat and a hat over his hairwrap. That was the best outfit.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

nah Emperor is pretty poo poo, even alone Star Platinum could catch it, Magicians Red could burn it, Hierophant could knock it around with emeralds. The only reason Polnareff didn't hit it was because he was surprised and that only works once. The only person it would be effective against would be Joesph but don't underestimate him either.

Yo Joseph totally stopped bullets with nazi hair so he'd be totally safe too.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Shakugan posted:

I'm missing the creativity of the part 2 fights. Every fight seems to go as follows: Let A be a person in the Joestar group, B be a person who is fighting them. 1. A has the upper hand. 2. B starts to put up a fight 3. but A "wins" anyway. 4. Turns out B is still around/alive!!! 5. A starts getting their rear end handed to them. 6. Surprise, it was a trick, A wasn't getting their rear end handed to them, unleashes their "full power" and they win for good.

Every. drat. Fight.

Sure, this happened to an extent in part 2. But part 2 always had some crazy Joseph plan that gets enacted. Here it seems like it's just "aha! I wasn't punching you with my stand as hard as it can punch!" *punches as hard as it can punch.

I suspect it's just because there are so many more fights in this part than there were in part 2, and it's hard to think up interesting fight progression every time.

Every fight except for probably Dark Blue Moon & Forever has gone the same way though as far as secret plans and outsmarting and poo poo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Well there was that scene where Joseph squirts mustard on a pickpocket who tried to steal the Stone of Aja from Lisa Lisa.

Maybe that could have been conceived of as offensive? All Italians are thieves with stupid pompadours?

That guy was also a secret nazi spy though

Beef Waifu posted:

Maybe the 50 years Joseph lived in America as a real estate tycoon influenced his way of speaking quite a bit.

Maybe you could not obsess over stupid unimportant crap like this when Joseph has always been classified as "New York's JoJo" and not "Posh British Gentleman" like Jonathan was.

Quit getting mad about people who think it'd be cool for an old dude born in England raised by people from England to have an English accent.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 29, 2014

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Can Polnareff now see through Chariot's eyes or is he just slashing randomly inside Joseph's brain?

Joseph's Hermit Purple is their eyes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

quakster posted:

The real question involving Stand users is where the gently caress did Dio find these fuckers?!?! :iiam:

Oddly enough that is also sort of explained too. Or inferred or implied I guess.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Tobaccrow posted:

Having Joseph overdrive his own head is kinda weird and raises questions like "Why couldn't he do that with Lovers in there?" and "Why did Joseph say he couldn't do anything for Kakyoin when he had a bud in him?" Otherwise, I'd just assume Kakyoin and Polnareff destroyed it or pulled it out with their stands off-camera.

Kakyoin's bud was in his forehead and driving a spike deep into his brain that would've thrashed around the second Joseph messed with it. I guess the reason he couldn't do anything with lovers in there was that if he tried then lovers would just gently caress him up right then and there because it'd cause pain to lovers maybe and then back to dan and then back to lovers and then to Joseph or something, I'm not sure.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Splatterhouse would be a decent style for at least Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bell_ posted:

I saw the little animated short they made over a decade ago. Why did I not think to check for manga to match?

It is really really short and really really spoilerific. The cover for it is awesome though.

I still don't know why Sonic is there.

Didnt Clamp end up making some anime thing about a knockoff jotaro and knockoff kakyoin being lovers or something?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DrManiac posted:

[e] Also the chickens being named after Michal Jackson and prince made me laugh.

Do not forget Lionel Richie

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm not that surprised that a character in jojo has come back to life considering it happened 2 times already in the previous arcs (Dio and Stroheim)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VanFTMan posted:

You know, I'm surprised no one mentioned that the submarine says "4U" on it. Was that in the original?

Yeah, but I must be dumb or something because I don't get the deal with it. What's so special about 4U?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
JaJa's Kooky Quest: Crack Zealots

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Jaja's wouldn't be allowed to talk about drugs, duhh.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Aurain posted:

Can you imagine just how fabulous a DIO/Kars hybrid being would be?

Paging Pomp to dive through his archives and find something to that effect. I'm sure it exists, and as such Pomp has it.

poo poo this is the anime thread nevermind

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Egypt Arc yes!!!.... in January :negative:

Also did they change the meaning of the signal joke? Normally it said " no uglies in sight".

The original was always "I can see your panties"

I don't have the page it's a reference to but Polnareff's hand signals are the same as from an Akira Toriyama comic called Dr Slump. Basically Polnareff was telling a japanese pun he got from a japanese comic book. I assume what you read was a localization since the pun is lost from Japanese to English.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Oh god I want a Dio track in there so loving bad.

I'm expecting more Walk Like An Egyptian but if they were to use any Dio song it should be Rainbow In The Dark

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Seriously, Rainbow in the Dark. C'mon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZnfbd_BGw8

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Wrong thread. I almost made the same mistake, no worries, but probably should edit it out

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

I swear to god this is an Abbott and Costello routine at this point.

Jojo's on first, jojo's on second, and jojo's on third

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This is the anime thread not the manga thread

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yo stands are cool and if wheel of fortune's mindgames and steely dan making joseph freak out and kakyoin feeding a baby his own poop wasnt the tightest poo poo then you can just get out of my face *claps hands together to walk like an egyptian by the motherfuckin bangles* I'm out. Baal do you think it is time to stop the thread for 9 whole days

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It was pretty great when Avdol comes back from the dead and he's just like "hey polly I'm back let's piss in this dudes mouth we're the good guys"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

HerpicleOmnicron5's whining posted:

It's time for your punishment, baby

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

the yikes guy except it's really really big

IMO that's a p cool LP

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
edit: poo poo lmao thought this was the manga thread

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 21, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Davinci posted:

Imagine if Battle Tendency Joseph had Hermit Purple. Remote viewing + an infinite supply of purple thorned rope, he'd be unstoppable!

Invisible thorned rope, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Aurain posted:

Remind me, the art that scene that's a parody of is Death Note, right?

Nope. jojo.

• Locked thread