Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

EL BROMANCE posted:

Thirded, it’s an excellent tool.

My ‘regular rear end’ video line is

code:
 yt-dlp -f "bestvideo[vcodec^=avc]+bestaudio[ext=m4a]/best[ext=mp4]/best" --embed-thumbnail ‘put video or playlist in these quotes’
And for music videos I like.

code:
 yt-dlp -f "bestvideo[vcodec^=avc]+bestaudio[ext=m4a]/best[ext=mp4]/best" -o "%(artist)s - %(title)s.%(ext)s" --embed-thumbnail --parse-metadata "title:%(artist)s - %(title)s" --embed-metadata 'again video goes here’
I was having issues with VP1 so I force to AVC for my uses.

If you are using yt-dlp you can abuse the sponserblock to remove in-video ads so that Manscape/NordVPN/etc ad will not be in your media collection

Bolded the categories. i remove all except for channels that do creative things with the sponsor like Internet Historian

pre:
--sponsorblock-mark CATS        SponsorBlock categories to create chapters
                                for, separated by commas. Available
                                categories are sponsor, intro, outro,
                                selfpromo, preview, filler, interaction,
                                music_offtopic, poi_highlight, chapter, all
                                and default (=all). You can prefix the
                                category with a "-" to exclude it. See [1]
                                for description of the categories. E.g.
                                --sponsorblock-mark all,-preview
                                [1] https://wiki.sponsor.ajay.app/w/Segment_Categories
--sponsorblock-remove CATS      SponsorBlock categories to be removed from
                                the video file, separated by commas. If a
                                category is present in both mark and remove,
                                remove takes precedence. The syntax and
                                available categories are the same as for
                                --sponsorblock-mark except that "default"
                                refers to "all,-filler" and poi_highlight,
                                chapter are not available
--sponsorblock-chapter-title TEMPLATE
                                An output template for the title of the
                                SponsorBlock chapters created by
                                --sponsorblock-mark. The only available
                                fields are start_time, end_time, category,
                                categories, name, category_names. Defaults
                                to "[SponsorBlock]: %(category_names)l"
--no-sponsorblock               Disable both --sponsorblock-mark and
                                --sponsorblock-remove
--sponsorblock-api URL          SponsorBlock API location, defaults to
                                https://sponsor.ajay.app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

EL BROMANCE posted:

Oh that’s neat. I only really use it for music video and similar content so the sponsorship crap isn’t generally an issue, but in case that comes up in something further down the line I’m definitely going to make a note of that.

Alas my regular YT playback is on a non premium account via AppleTV so the ads and sponsorship stuff is a bane.

kri kri posted:

Or you can use https://yewtu.be/ to download the 1080p clone of the video that is updated as videos come out. I have not checked if it uploaded 4k/2k as well, but you def get no ads.

This site has been around for a long while but people started spreading the word of its existence when YouTube started blocking the ad blockers

Edit: the site does work with yt-dlp

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Talorat posted:

Hi I work on Windows Defender actually. That pops up when a binary is unfamiliar and doesn’t show up in our database but has some suspicious characteristics, if you submit it, it will probably get cleared pretty instantly. It probably just recently updated to a new version.

Lol, not the response I never expected here. I work on reverse engineering malware as a side hobby and some of the poo poo they to hide is some real weird poo poo I would imagine malware that compiles/runs entirely from JPG or some other poo poo would be hard to automatically detect

Hughlander posted:

It does, but oddly enough I just cut the &apiKey=XXXX from the URL and it worked...

https://sonarr.url.com/sonarr/feed/calendar/Sonarr.ics

I saw the ICS ability in sonarr but the part I was reading said work on it has been stopped since Google kept changing the format or something.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 4, 2023

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

csammis posted:

I've never heard of tdarr hm let me just visit their website,

oh dear god

C'mon, it can be that...

:dawkins101:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
I currently operate an HP Proliant server running ZFS in RAIDZ2. I prefer ZFS over Unraid due to its robust recovery capabilities, contrasting with some concerning stories I've heard about Unraid horrors I've heard. The reliability of ZFS became evident during a dist upgrade when a simple "zpool import neriak" effortlessly rediscovered all disks and correctly configured mounts, including NFS/SMB connections.

I run Plex on the same server, utilizing a low-profile Nvidia card with early CUDA support for hardware encoding, compensating for the absence of built-in encoding in the processor.

I plan to transfer Plex operations to a superior system with a better GPU and CPU, but I'm waiting until I have time to bond the two Ethernet jacks. I encountered challenges with a guide I attempted to follow, like the example article linked, but keep failing. fortunately, the first method proved non-permanent and cleared on reboot.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Matt Zerella posted:

E: point is, those profiles change and it's a lot easier to invest the time in automating them into your arr vs setting up everything manually.

I know of people were noggin on tdarr* with it's ui/ux horribleness (myself included) but it's a great tool for mass transcoding. Considering using it to possibly search for all Atmos surround and convert it to normal rear end 5.1 AAC . Sure, I'll lose out on a ton of ambiance but even playing the movies straight on mobile / new PCs can cause problems especially if the CPU is slow.

* The UI/UX, I realize now, is "programmer UI" wherein the UI makes sense to them. I look at my projects and they are either command line scripts that tell the bare minimum or just a mess of drop downs and checkboxes with nonsense labels that make sense to someone that knows what is going on in the background

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Sub Rosa posted:

I've not gotten to cloud music stuff yet, but what are the Plexamp pros cons compared to something like Navidrome?

Just less work installing and configuring.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

cruft posted:

I didn't need to know about this film, but now I do, and I blame you.

Makes you think of Cream of Wheat differently huh? :allears:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

HKR posted:

I'm not sure which file it chooses if you just hit play vs play version, but this might work for your specific use case if the movies are otherwise identical content wise. Sadly for nerds like me who like to keep different versions of the same movie around, it doesn't work.

You can check exactly which video it is processing by loading up by searching for something called "media info"

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

cryptoclastic posted:

I finally figured out how to downloads to work really well for me. I create optimized versions of the file I want in the desktop app. Then on my phone I download them on Infuse. It even downloads my subtitles!

I'm confused now. What does infuse actually do now that Plex doesn't do already?

Why optimize your files manually if Infuse should already be doing that for your device?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

EL BROMANCE posted:

Wonder if you got really unlucky in a super specific circumstance. My current iPad is about to turn 5 years old, and it runs so nicely it feels I’d swear I’d just bought it new. Current version of iOS etc.

In 2017, Apple had to admit they where doing exactly what the guy is saying to iphones

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

https://www.politico.eu/article/apple-fined-e25m-in-france-for-misleading-consumers-about-slowed-down-iphones/ posted:

FEBRUARY 7, 2020 12:32 PM CET

France's consumer protection body hit Apple with a €25 million fine Friday for failing to inform consumers that updating their iPhone's operating system would slow down the device.

"When they couldn't go back to an older version of their operating system, a lot of consumers were forced to change their batteries and even buy a new phone," said the directorate general for competition, consumers and fraud control (DGCCRF), which is attached to the ministry of economy.

:woz:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
[quote = "Corb3t" post = "536312495"]
I love that Apple implementing a solution to aging batteries is this huge gotcha: rolleyes:. Their solution actually extended the lifespan of the device for many users, because the phone would just shut down altogether if they hadn't:

"Some have argued that introducing a feature to prevent handsets with degraded batteries from rebooting is in fact the opposite of planned obsolescence since a slower non-rebooting phone would be preferable to the alternative."

You can still use any app on your iPhone 6s with an old lovely battery, my man.
[/ quote]

I like during these utter poo poo flinging arguments, we all just can't come together with a single answer and just make all batteries the easiest to replace. Apple, Google, Samsung, whatever :newfap:

Oops, can't have that for any!

Edit: and before anyone brings up Apple Self Repair, no. Submitting IMEI/Serial should not be a requirement lol

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 3, 2023

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Dicty Bojangles posted:

Is there any way to turn off the "layering" that happens when leaving a TV episode in the Android Plex app? Leaving the player goes to the episode info screen, then hit back from the episode it takes me to the season screen, then back from that goes to the show screen, then finally back to the home screen. I just want to go straight back to home without having to go through endless layers.

Plex is the demo of an app that is more form over function. It's annoying.

Two ways.

The first way is how I do it because it's two quick swipes and pressing Plex

Go into Recent App views. Via Android you do this by

• Swipe up from the bottom, hold, then let go.
  • If you’re on Android Go with 3-button navigation, tap Recent apps .
  • Swipe left or right to switch to the app you want to open.
  • Tap the app that you want to open.

Find Plex app and swipe it up to kill the app. Then start Plex again. It will take you through the login process again and then home.

I apologize if you already know how to do this. I'm just being complete.

The second is to make a Plex search shortcut. You do this by holding down on Plex and then hold down on Search until it lets you drags it to the screen as a new Search "app"

Click on this Search will take you to the (you guessed it) the Search section of Plex no matter if the app is already or running or not.

You hit that back button (pointed) and Plex takes you to the home no matter what.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Qwijib0 posted:

No, we just leave it on all the time.

Does it have a sleep or low power mode after leaving it on or do you need to bow to the corporate EULA even after that?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
For those that want to rename a lot of stuff , like turning "Season 1" in a filename to "S01" , look up PowerRename in Windows

If you know a bit about Regular Expression (my first official job was taking care of a perl script so I had to learn it) and know how to match capturing groups and returning the text of those groups, it gets even better.

This video is a demo of the above problem live.
https://youtu.be/Wv_aMc5vHqY

With power rename and looking up how TVDB sorts the episodes of the show, it gets better than paying $X of money for a license to use another popular tool out there.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

spincube posted:

I'll vouch for the imaginatively-named Rename My TV Series v2 - it's cross-platform, completely free of charge, and will both rename files and sort them into folders if you want.

Oh cool. Installed it and it looks great.

The app I was talking about before was :bahgawd: Filebot :balldo:. Which is $6 a year which is annoying because I might use such an app like 1-3 times a year. While Filebot can also do movies, those problems are less of a problem.

TV episodes can get way worse and my last battle was getting the final episodes of Attack on Titan

First the numbering system. Long running shows use both numbering schemes of episode # in airing order or S04E## like normal. In this case, both S04E28 is also episode 87. TVDB uses S04E## ordering so no problem.

NOW THE loving HELL - Read if you want to wince along.

You watch what they call "The Final Chapters" and there were two different ways to watch it. You can watch it episodically through episodes S04E29-35 -or- watch two specials marked as SP-1 and SP-2 which is all the content in two long airings.

I downloaded all the episodes and they refused to load into Plex. Then I looked up TVDB and it looks like the end of the season finished on episode 30 so 5 episodes are missing.

:bighow:

Then I thought, maybe it's just looking for the two specials. I got them, put them into the directory and it instantly picked it up. Now the season ends with SP-1 and SP-2 and because TVDB refuses to consider anything else besides these two specials, the rest of the episodes were worthless.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

cruft posted:

Everything is making me read the documentation to kludge around forced authentication. Like, I get why they're doing this, but I wish you idiots out there hadn't run open servers with such alarming frequency that the developers decided this needed to be done.

Ugh.

Is this about Plex? What are you even talking about?

Anyway

Takes No Damage posted:

*anime has entered the chat*

Now imagine if all your shows were just numbered 1 > infinity instead of by season, and they all had a bunch of specials and movies that chronologically fit into the main plot but still get grouped off into the Specials folder so you need to replace the Series Summary text with a watch order cheatsheet :negative:

TV networks in the US used to be really hosed, they would just play any episode in whatever order. Star Trek:TOS was the biggest example where episodes were just randomly released in any order

... which wasn't really a problem due to the story usually being fully contained in an episode

There was one instance where a network just made everything confusing as all hell for the story by releasing the season finale as the first broadcast.

The network was Cartoon Network. The show was "Moral Orel"

In the first episode, Orel learns from the sermon at church that Jesus was immaculately conceived.
The mother and father (Bloberta and Clay, respectfully) have a very confrontational discussion by Bloberta saying that Reverend's sermon was pointed at Clay of how everyone knows that Shapey, Orel's younger brother, was unwanted. Clay brings up that he doesn't even know when and how Shapey was conceived, which Bloberta states that's probably due to his horrible drinking problem.

Orel is listening to the conversation that takes the fact that Shapey was conceived without his father and comes to the conclusion that Shapey is the second coming of Jesus.

Moral Orel is a hell of a show.

By the end of the episode, the trust issues between the parents comes to a point and decide to have a divorce. Clay leaves the home.

THIS IS THIS FIRST EPISODE!!

The second episode is the actual first episode and has the entire family together again, and you'd not be faulted for wondering how they are not divorced anymore.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Matt Zerella posted:

If you’re on Windows, containers absolutely loving suck, so I get that hate. Docker Desktop is the worst.

After all these years I realized this is what I believe in and not all docker sucks.

Deploying images on Linux CLI, a dream. windows docker, a nightmare which can include but no limited to: setting up an entirely new network IP docker prefers but prevents the original IP from being used elsewhere, elegantly claims lots of memory for a only setup but forget to let that memory go until it's restarted, just dumping all the virtual processes on two or three cores when you have 32 cores.

The thing you take away from this: don't run services on machines you use as a workstation

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I’ve got a spare Ryzen 1600 processor and motherboard that I want to throw in an Unraid box to upgrade it over some ancient Xeon I have currently. What js the state of transcoding on AMD processors via Plex/Unraid/Docker?

I also have a spare GT730 graphics card if that helps…

Ryzen 1600 has hardware encoding and really well compared to chips at the time.

Check your xenon CPU model if it has Quick sync or not. That is what does the hardware video encoding

GT730 doesn't support hardware encoding

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Dec 31, 2023

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

LRADIKAL posted:

Are you sure you are understanding what you are posting?

1. How does the Ryzen 1600(thus AMD) support transcoding
2. Here's an article showing how it does transcoding?

Maybe remove some of the smarm?

Okay I see now. AMD CPUs have no hardware video encode/decode at all

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 31, 2023

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Bonzo posted:

If you are looking for a new Android launcher, check out Projectivity. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spocky.projengmenu&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I like it better than Wolf or F Launcher. It also preserves the ability to cast from a phone.

Doesn't look compatible with my pixel 8.

Looks fuggin sweet though.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Kibner posted:

Snaps are also fine because they are also self-contained, similar to Docker in that you don't have to worry about dependencies with them, iirc.

I've been weary from snaps since it reads like if the snap app installs something like a popular ssl package , by default, will it upgrade that ssl or not until the public snap is updated?

I read documents and it looks like you can force that openssl package to upgrade but what about normal system updates?

Corb3t posted:

Apologies, all DTS gets decoded to Multichannel PCM, which is uncompressed and doesn't require a transcode from the Plex server. This seems fine to me?

How does it uncompress exactly? If it's uncompressed, raw PCM them all those streams get very large in bitrate size.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 11, 2024

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Well Played Mauer posted:

My main beef with ATV and Plex is I notice audio sync issues in the Plex app especially in 4K, but infuse handles it better and also makes it easier to adjust delays. The Shield doesn’t seem to have the same problem so I usually use it for watching Plex and then the ATV for everything else.

Did you try something l like for your sync issue between ATV and Plex

quote:

Go to Settings > Video and Audio > Match Content, then choose from the following:

Match Dynamic Range: Turn on to have Apple TV 4K match its output to the original dynamic range of content that you're watching.

• Match Frame Rate: Turn on to have Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD match its refresh rate to the original frame rate of content. This applies to content that's mastered at different frame rates for example, 24fps film-based content or other international content."

If you turn on either of these settings, Apple TV will attempt to automatically determine which dynamic ranges or frame rates your television supports. You might experience a blank screen or flickering as your television switches between formats.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
About the sync issues before, is it immediate sync issues or over time it becomes worse?

I've had issues with rips when I used variable bitrate (VBR) where the audio and video slowly become more desynced. I encode every video now with CBR (constant bitrate) even thought I am using different codecs now.

For information I saw this problem with divx+mp3 but now usually do h265/h264 + ac3.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Well Played Mauer posted:

I wanna say where I notice it the most is remux 4K stuff. You know, the poo poo I want to be perfect lol

Is it instant desync or over time desync?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

kri kri posted:

Joke is on you plex. I use infuse w/ plex so I never see the plex app UI. Unless something heinous happens, I will keep on trucking. Ain't teaching my moms something new.

Hahaha jokes on you Plex! I only have to wait 20 days until I start seeing movies in infuse after it transcodes!

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 19, 2024

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I use Plex in my own house, from my computer to our TV through our LAN.

Are these changes affecting me? I don't think I've updated Plex in a few months, so I should just continue not updating?

As a counter argument, I have updated my Plex and my system and clients are still great.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Motronic posted:

he literally only knows because of server logs that he's stalking for some reason.

You are accurate but suggesting a person is "stalking" could be better worded to not come off as he is doing more than looking at logs.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

phosdex posted:

I'm the only person that uses my server, have a friend on it but he never uses it. I fall asleep all the time watching new episodes and then the autoplay just keeps playing for awhile. So sometimes I use Tautulli to try and figure out when I fell asleep and what episodes I did actually watch. I'm stalking myself.

You can turn off auto play , right? I turn it off permanently because I don't want to come back to the middle and have no clue what the plot is.

I have about 6+ people on my machine plus all the Plex users with their own servers. Really one niece, and one Plex user make up the majority of the traffic that is not me.

My niece recently discovered anime starting with Demon Slayer and she was all excited. She found her uncle had a library started in 1998 and somehow got new shows like the day of broadcast without a streaming service.

:kiddo: : How did you get the season 2 movie which was shown only 3 days ago?
:yarr: : Don't you mind how, kiddo ;)

I recently found out she watches the episodes on her PC and broadcasts it to her friends on discord. Imagine being able to stream that much bitrate back in late 90s was a dream.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

withoutclass posted:

Why not just install with your package manager?

It could be as simple as creating the menu icon for an application via console might be really hard or, even worse, the htpc software might not even have the permission to look at anything outside its environment.

For the Op, what os and htpc software are you using? It looked like Fedora?

My take on flatpaks is that it looks great on paper, but any containerization can be utter shitters on GPU performance if you are not going out of your way to configure that specifically AND confirming it works.

other people posted:

As far as 8 I know plex only provides the HTPC app as a flatpak.

Plex provides it. now, is it a GOOD release? Different question :)

It's like Nvidia took 10 years to actually make good video drivers as an example.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 29, 2024

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Oysters Autobio posted:

[

edit: and now I can't connect this drat thing to a monitor. My monitors aren't picking up the DP-to-HDMI cables so Ive got no screen, which apparently is a known bug with Dells, so I might have to return this fucker now anyways.

edit final: well, that ends this whole headache. Video out from DP-to-HDMI does not work at all on two separate monitors. Luckily, ebay is accepting the refund request so its back to the drawing board.

Was the dp to HDMI cable active or passive? Because you want active adapters because there are times when passive adapters will not support HDMI

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Kibner posted:

I thought my partner ran into something similar, but she can't remember. She thinks it may be a PAL thing, or the video track was edited in some way without the audio, or it's a sample rate thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffmpeg/comments/r4w4xd/slowing_down_pal_audio_to_sync_with_bluray_video/

I know when a variable bit rate is used for audio, it will cause sync issues over time.

To confirm this or possibly find other issues use the following two commands

For extracting audio:
ffmpeg -i PRECIOUS VIDEO\ MOMENTS.mkv -vn -c:a copy PRECIOUS_VIDEO_MOMENTS_audio.ac3

For extracting video:
ffmpeg -i PRECIOUS VIDEO\ MOMENTS.mkv -an -c:v copy PRECIOUS_VIDEO_MOMENTS_video.mkv

Look at the length of the video and audio in whatever you want. If they are the same then what I do is just dump both files into a video editor like Premiere and see what it looks like.

If the audio turns out to be shorter in Premiere, I just rate extend the audio track to meet the end of the video and make sure to choose CBR when encoding out.

If you need PEAK "professionally-mastered content" (read the editor used filters and up selling fake HDR.) then change the above ffmpeg export commands above to use mpeg2 as the video format and flac for the audio for that :discourse:Criterion collection quality:discourse:

In handbrake drop the glistening glossy files in and make sure to set the audio bitrate ABOVE what it normally was and super double confirm that it isn't using CBR and not VBR. CBR equals "Constant Video Bitrate"

Then bless the hell out of that holy as all hell file that has now been kissed by Baby Jesus in Pampers and see if the sync is gone.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

PRADA SLUT posted:

Not sure where to ask, but if I'm using yt-dlp with sponsorblock (yt-dlp --sponsorblock-remove X) -- how do I remove multiple elements? Like remove sponsor, intermission, and selfpromo.

I tried reading the API docs but I can't parse how to use it with yt-dlp

You use commas

--sponsorblock-remove sponsor,intro,outro

You use "all" to remove absolutely everything and "default" to remove everything but filler

Link here for the part it describes sponsorblock

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Warbird posted:

I need to go double check but there is no way for it to have Plex peg those as commercials and offer to skip, right?

You can mark the sections as chapters instead and hit double right to skip.

You use sponsorblock-mark instead of sponsorblock-remove

You will not get an offer but you'll be able to skip the rest of the 1:30 minute in-video sponsor

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

PRADA SLUT posted:

So if you do SponsorBlock-mark intro it will keep the intro but flag it for skipping in Plex, like a TV show intro?

e: actually, I stood up a TubeSync container and it seems to work, except the SponsorBlock portion, though I have everything checked in the settings and the download works correctly when running yt-dlp --sponsorblock on the CLI. Is there something I need to configure in TubeSync?

I never said it would auto skip. I said marking it would show up as a chapter and you can skip it just like when skip chapters on a Blu-ray/DVD/mkv with chapters when you press the following button:

At least it should. Not really experienced with not removing parts and leaving them in but marked.

I remove everything except for the creators that make really good sponsorship ads like Internet Historian or Pint

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Shumagorath posted:

So FYI I ended up doing the audio rate extension and CBR encode in Audacity+ffmpeg and had to mux back into an MP4 before Handbrake would load it. The muxed file reports a royally hosed up audio length so taking a couple steps back to see where that happened.

Yeah none of that worked / got extremely messy so now I'm attempting a video stream copy and CBR AAC reencode through ffmpeg as it doesn't seem that the length was off.

The experience is I have seen applications have would legit straight up lie about lengths. Now this experience was from like 10 years back, so it might be better but I always encode CBR because I have seen youtube videos longer than 2 hours do the same thing (mainly vids from Channel Fireball specifically by LSV)

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

kri kri posted:

Anything that runs containers

I must be the only person that loathes containers. It must be because I was the first to try out the first implementation of docker and found it as or more "configury" to the point that it seemed much worse to use than comparatively making a new user and doing that.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Matt Zerella posted:

We really doing this again?

I usually only do this when I give it a good old try to get Docker working but always find some bullshit thing I don't like.

I got Plex working in docker but nope, it can't see my Nvidia card. Found three different ways to "implement" it but none worked.

:w00t:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Arson Daily posted:

holy hell cant wait to try this. this looks like its right up my alley

Deathlove posted:

I used Debian 12 and ran https://yams.media/ to get a framework up and going quickly. Just add the PiHole and stuff down the line.

I love software devs that know their community

From the FAQ posted:

What is YAMS?

YAMS is a highly opinionated media server installation script.

It includes all the essential *arr apps, along with exceptionally detailed documentation. In just a few minutes, you can have a fully functional media server with Sonarr, Radarr, Jellyfin, qBittorrent, and more!

With YAMS you’ll be able to automate your media gathering, organization, and consumption.