Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

There was that one Z League show where they forgot to lock the cage and the two dudes spilled out. Major splat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViHxEWBxHS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Count Roland posted:

A flat, open mat would be neat too.

Rogan and Serra talked about that on Rogan's podcast. Serra pointed out that an open mat would have lots more people running.

Personally, I prefer the Hipshow Arena and would be curious to see how UFC-level fighters would fare.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KidDynamite posted:

Any reason for Wand to be poo poo talking Werdum on twitter? or just ~brasil~?

to get out of fighting Chael.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pay for tickets, don't watch fights.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm no expert but a dislocated finger doesn't sound that severe.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

1st AD posted:

lmao what boxers is nate diaz outdrawing

Kimbo Slice.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Seltzer posted:

Please don't get into this thread. Get out of this thread.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so did they have a Nick Diaz translator or did his CTS clear up?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick Diaz is like Goku. Several months of grunting and yelling followed by an all too brief fight.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

That last gif is such a great sequence, he starts going to the body and right when the elbows drop low enough he switches back to the head, then immediately dodges the counter like he had an egg timer on it. Goddamn.

Also note he's touching Guyborg's head with his head so he knows instantly when dude starts to shift his weight. smartlike.

I could see Hendricks getting swarmed like that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Count Roland posted:

Lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2m5FjVCrxs

They also make decent use of judo.

Only because Nick gets all weird feeling when he's around Ronda Rousey.

http://youtu.be/xkWtQ1yRNrY?t=2m36s

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ariza posted:

No handjobs promised. :(

Hanging out with Gray Maynard doesn't sound fun at all.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jones is totally afraid of fighting Gustaffson again. And with good reason.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

henkman posted:

I like how brazil cards are always full of russian guys for some reason

Because they're generally grapply dudes and wrestlefucking Brazilians never gets not funny.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lloyd Boner posted:

It'll be a really sad day when Condit's chin finally cracks.

He's got really good head movement so it'll be a while. Maybe it'll be a sneaky punchman or a returning Nick Diaz(now featuring leg kicks)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Captain Log posted:

\Also, why does Jones have to be one of the coolest fighters in the cage and lamest out of the cage? I'm still one of the last Fedor (in his prime) fans, but Bones is too far for me because he just seems like a straight up petulant child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zz2vjKpSos

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Brenden Schaub up on Joe Rogan's podcast. He's kind of a spaz.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Schaub's pretty loving dumb.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Excuses before the fight even begins.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They could be fuckin, or not. Relationships are pretty wild like that.

E: also on the podcast Schaub said he likes thick women, and Ronda is rather lithe so who knows.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Listening to Schaub on the JRE makes me think he's definitely dumb enough to become the next Mark Hunt walk off KO.

When he was talking about fighting he seemed pretty cool and smart but anything else was cringe worthy stupid. Does this mean he has a high fight IQ?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

-Atom- posted:

Is the majority of the podcast about MMA related topics?

Other than weird tangents into religion and evolutionary theories because Bryan Callum is a self important turd, its all MMA.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

why are the zebra and lion fighting over a stuffed dog?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so Shaq called out Jose Canseco but Dana won't let the fight happen. Why Dana, why?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if your body is literally falling out from under you, maybe you shouldn't fight?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so Jon Jones is Ric Flair in blackface, right?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Watch some dipshit will get and slice Nelson with a sneaky elbow. Then the UFC will have to him go because US Media screws up his name and all the headlines read GUNNER RAMPAGES THROUGH FANFEST.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Its too late for April Fools, Dana.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Arlovski's spent the last 4 years fighting racists, mentally broken men and UFC washouts. I can't see this being a stellar return to the Octagon.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I would believe this even if it wasn't true. gently caress it, let Cowboy fight ten times a year.

10 years later, he'll be broke, drooling and yelling at empty bottles. I see nothing wrong with this.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LobsterMobster posted:

Some TUF 20 news:

Out:

Page Van Zant - too young
Juliana Lima - don't speak English
Claudia Gadelha - didn't want to cut weight a million times

At tryouts:

Should be interesting to see who makes the last 8.

I thought Felice Herrig was going to be in that batch?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I can't wait for Jon Jones to poke another fighter in the eye and not get penalized for it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

outy posted:

Turns out that Jon Jones is a goon, he read this thread and it has made him realise the error of his ways. His eye-pokes were accidental, but he admits that he could have prevented them and will endeavour to fight with a greater respect for his opponents in future.
He explains it very succinctly in this video:

http://youtu.be/gSLL2HCMSXU

Jones....Owns?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Really the only things I have against Jon Jones are the PPV he torpedoed and that he uses splayed open fingers to control head movement standing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Disgusting Coward posted:

Reminder that Michael "The Count" Bisping literally gouged Alan Belcher's eye literally out of his head and was literally rewarded with a literal win.

Also that Michael "The Count" Bisping literally cheated to beat a 40 year old Jorge Rivera and was literally rewarded with a literal win.

Both of whom are awful people.

• Locked thread