Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

gently caress you, I'm making this month's thread.

But let's stay on topic here, folks. According to the Long Green Line's most venerable news source, Army Times, the new AR 670-1 is already stirring up heated controversy, eclipsing less important subjects like sexual harassment or the impending reductions in force.

psydude fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Cole posted:

this thread sucks

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

ryan_woody posted:

Why isn't there a changelog for the new 670-1? Are the changes all tattoo / hair poo poo? I have to put together a dress uniform for the first time in 6 years and can't tell if anything is different or not.

It's at the very front of the AR.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Oh good, the new evaluation system automatically logs you out if there's no change in your session state after 5 minutes.

In other words, if you spend more than 5 minutes, say, typing up your performance objectives and achievements, you'll lose all of your work. Way to loving go, Army.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Signaleer posted:

What did I miss? Afghanistan? What's that?

The gayest of the gay.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hmm. I think we have a few people at the Ft. Hood WTU.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Kanish posted:

Idk it still annoys me that they throw around the PTSD and deployed to Iraq thing in conjunction in the reporting, if he was seeking help it was for something day to day life, and not deployment.

Anyway, some of you all talking reminds me of my time spent at an IRR muster where I was just enrolling in the VA Healthcare and the civilian there kept telling me to go and tell them I have nightmares, since its free money! Despite me telling him I wasnt having any problems.

But some of your guys' wording is a little peciluar, so I may be taking this the wrong way. if you are making a claim to the VA for PTSD and dont truly have it, then congrats you're a piece of poo poo! You are why the system is clogged so people who need help have to wait months for an appointment!

I like all of the guys here that bitch about "Obummercare" and welfare queens and then sit around talking about how they plan on scamming the government to get their disability rating increased after they get back.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah I'm trying to figure out how someone could get that fat in such a short amount of time.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I wonder when the Army took the crown from the Navy as the fat branch?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Cole posted:

What

We were in the field and I let one of my dudes use my phone since his wife was like a week before popping out a baby and he wanted to check on her. Turns out she was bleeding everywhere out of her vag and was on her way to the ER. I went and talked to the PSG about it.

"You know you're not supposed to have phones in the field right?"

I got counseled and he was told he had to come back the next morning after p much begging to let him go see her.

poo poo, we send people back home from Afghanistan for less than that.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The military is just one big Stanford Prison Experiment.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Cole posted:

fwiw most civilians read duffleblog as fact anyway

no worse than reading armytimes as fact

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

So the CSM stopped by the range today on BAF and wanted to know why we didn't have blank firing adapters on our weapons.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

How much control do Army Reserve/National Guard SMP cadets get over branching? Is it possible to be guaranteed a slot in an open vacancy or at least a branch?

In the Army Reserve you literally just pick your branch and duty station. I was on an active duty scholarship instead of SMP/GRFD, but the process is identical: I went to the Army Reserve tent at LDAC, pulled up the list of all EN positions, and found the vacancy. When I got back, they submitted a memorandum for the branch and vacancy and that was that. In the Guard, you have to get a LOA and the process is a bit more involved; I don't know much more beyond that.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ashmole posted:

I feel like AD dudes just want to feel like civilians and NG/RE dudes just want to feel like soldiers.

Nope. Still want to feel like a civilian and not deal with gay AD people.

e: Although your statement is most certainly true for like 75% of my company.

psydude fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 8, 2014

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

so his statement is accurate in general then

idk I guess I don't understand the active duty smugness. I've dealt with just as many hosed up AD units on this deployment as I have Reserve and NG units. The thing of it is, there's a lot of retards in the military in general; the question is whether you'd rather spend all day every day around them, or only deal with them one weekend a month.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It's Cherry Blossom season right now in DC, so you can pack into a metro car with a bunch of fat midwesterners and tour Arlington National Cemetery.

I recommend going up to Annapolis since it isn't tourist season there yet.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Defleshed posted:

hahaha whoops

I refuse to believe this. No CSM knows how to use a computer.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

It's on the same page you twats.

I know. I just wanted to make another CSM joke.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

manchego posted:

My wife really wants to go see the blossoms, so I'll be joining the packs of fat tourists in DC this weekend.

We're taking the metro in from the Greenbelt station to the northish of town to avoid the parking/driving nightmare. Do you have any recommendations to make it not miserable (besides the obvious one)?

I'd arrive as early as possible to beat the majority of the crowd. Fortunately they stop the weekend track work during cherry blossom season, so you won't have to wait 30 minutes for a train. The best places to drink off the green line are RFD and Iron Horse at Gallery Place and The Saloon at U St. RFD and The Saloon both serve food.

e: And it warrants a mention that pig Whip will be out and about to brutalize your day.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Kaliber posted:

The best part about him is he slams people for APFT failures and not meeting weight/tape.

Sounds like the terrible O5 we had during mobilization who got relieved for crashing a GSA van and pinning it on his white cell NCOIC. He banned everybody from traveling outside of a 200 mile radius during pass, and then promptly hopped on a plane to fly back to Tennessee.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I saw the most Army thing the other day: there were contractors walking around BAF spraying flowers with bleach.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

genderstomper58 posted:

civilian jobs are cool, actual performance matters :eyepop:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

gleep gloop posted:

Yeah this is something I've heard a lot to. Apparently I was better off being the big fatass when I was in basic rather some twink.

In my last unit I had 2 soldiers in my platoon come back with spiral fractures partway through basic training. We had another 3 in the company who had some other kind of musculoskeletal injury that basically ruined them for life. One guy was walking with a cane. Our CO's brother was a basic training company commander at Benning and said they're seeing a growing number of kids come in who don't know how to run.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It's the crossfit lobby trying to feel special.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Triggs posted:

I'm an HHC XO :suicide:

My condolences.

So how does that work with you flying and poo poo?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Soulex posted:

I'm really debating it. I'm always nervous about not having a job, if I had one lined up, god drat right I'd take that.

Because being the broken TOC bitch is so much better than using your GI bill to go to school.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I'll give someone a fresh new avatar of their choosing if they can convince cole to post itt

Why not just change the thread title to be misleading and lure him in.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Take the Old Guard position and spend your last 21 months partying in DC.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Kick-Puncher posted:

What the gently caress is there to do around or on Leonard wood? I am stuck here doing not very much for two weeks. I also have no car

Drink yourself into a coma at Black Jack. Or go to the lovely movie theater in Waynesville followed by the bar with 65 beers (over half of which are some kind of Michelob or Bud).

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

White Chocolate posted:

Same reason I hate some ROTC kids.

Same reason I hate [insert commissioning source other than your own].

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I wonder if other countries' armies are as gay as ours. The Poles and Czechs seem pretty chill.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

ryan_woody posted:

Also, every single female in the Polish military is hot as gently caress. All the ones I saw in Ghazni were, anyway.

All of their nurses at the hospital in Ghazni wear the tightest-fitting clothing that's humanly possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

gently caress you all and I hope those Polacks gave you herpes.

Yeah but the 82nd is here so it balances out.

• Locked thread