Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

That's far too many, for American politics drink straight out of the bottle until the pain goes away.

Increasingly I wonder if the number of people who both follow politics here and are teetotalers could fit into a compact car, with enough extra room in the back for a big dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Fried Chicken posted:

I won't post the name because this isn't a callout thread, but there is a poster who does this in games:blizzard:goon squad.

Most of games is as you said, but that guy... Well "that boy ain't right". He has been banned, avatared, and posts deleted, but bounces back (I'm told because he writes for a site, don't know though). When it inevitably comes out he went Patrick Bateman on some cosplayers at blizcon, it will be a tragedy, but not a surprise.

Mal'Ganis Goon Squad? Because I have this horrible mental image of the Nefarian/Hellsjudge copy-pasta in long form.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Radbot posted:

Just come to Colorado, it's like Texas but the state doesn't suck from a geographic, climate, or political standpoint.

Do they have HEBs? This is important.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Gerund posted:

from twitter:
ZachLowe_NBA: League sources say Silver/league, not Sterling, would control Clips sales process in event Silver gets the required 3/4 vote to force it.

Hard to bargain on a 1 dollar sale.

Magic buying the Clippers for a song could be the possible outcome of this.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Joementum posted:

Speaking of Californians, Senator Barbara Boxer just tried to make a hip-hop joke on the Senate floor.

Personally, I think this could be solved by taxing the Cash Money Millionaires at a higher rate.

What's the marginal tax rate for someone making over a Chamillion dollars a year, anyway?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Teddybear posted:

We might see a revival of death penalty in politics in the next few cycles-- Oklahoma, who was so deadset on killing two inmates that they were going to do a double execution tonight using drugs of unknown provenance after threatening their own Supreme Court, has temporarily delayed the second inmates execution, citing time constraints.

The reason was that the first inmate writhed, struggled, and moaned for an hour before he eventually had a massive heart attack. In front f an AP reporter who live tweeted it.

Edit: NYT article on it: http://nyti.ms/1rM1A5E

The reporter in question, I think. She has an Instagram photo of the media convoy going into the OK State Penn. in her timeline. Holy mother of Christ.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Ideally the death penalty needs to be abolished federally and in all 50 states, but at the very least this shitshow should put a nationwide moratorium on all executions and the immediate ban of lethal injection as a "humane" method of execution. People like to think it's clean, quick and painless because it's done with drugs administered by a doctor, when it's just as cruel and gruesome as electrocution when it's done incorrectly.

"Humane execution" is a goddamn oxymoron. It cannot be done, and it's beyond arrogant to even try. We might as well go back to using the guillotine or literally blowing people away. As barbaric and gruesome as these methods are, they at least pretty much guarantee an instantaneous death and give those who vigorously support the death penalty what they really want.

loving Christ, sitting an inmate in a locked car and running a hose pipe into it from the exhaust seems more humane than a lot of the stuff going on. Probably cheaper too.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Paul MaudDib posted:

It's Nevada, there's not a lot of people around to take notice of stuff. If the police are ignoring it the next step is going to someone in Congress.

I'm not sure how the police is in the northern part of the state, but in Vegas I wouldn't trust a Metro officer to piss on me if I was on fire. Anything more intensive than beating diabetics is probably going to get shelved.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

A Winner is Jew posted:

Wait, since when did Obama become Jesus?

Any time he's campaigning, usually.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

SodomyGoat101 posted:

You had a couple factual errors there, I went ahead and corrected them, buddy. Seriously, though, loving Nevada, of all places, seems the most poo poo-awful place for anti-government rebellion, particularly Southern Nevada. If you're going to have a Nevada fiefdom, why not Tahoe, at least?

Too close to California? I dunno. loving go to Utah, that place is nice. Nevada's a wasteland of human civilization at the best of times, it's the only place on Earth that could make me miss Texas.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

But remember, he's an emotional genius puppetmaster!!

(who can't read he own audience)

Dubya or Norm?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Sword of Chomsky posted:

Cop Bait:

Scott Olsen, Veteran, peacefully protesting:

Not Cop Bait:

Cliven Bundy Militia, openly threatening, and advancing on federal officers with high caliber rifles:

Something doesn't add up here...

Nevada cops are more the pepper spray teenagers kind of cops, not the 'deal with armed insurrections' kind of cops.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Boon posted:

I know you're probably not going to want to hear this, but they provide taxes. Majority of the taxes are paid by the wealthy, despite it not being fairly distributed, by sheer volume of their wealth they pay the most. It's often used as an argument that the rich are over-taxed which is a completely rear end backwards way to look at it. In any case, if all the wealthy (however you define it) were to up and leave, the government would be economically devastated by the loss of revenue.

This of course has no bearing on policy because it's a completely ludicrous idea. By and large the top 5-10% can get hosed and deserve to pay much more than they are at upper tiers.

If 80% of the top 10% hosed off with all their money, I wonder how much we'd have to tax the people who stuck around to break even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Pong Daddy posted:

What about the flip and dip?

Only if you put your hand upon your hip, and then when I dip you dip and we dip.

• Locked thread