Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I consider any strat that combines no skill needed and very low risk to be cheesing. This includes taking out ogres with poison arrows, poking the Ancient Dragon's toes and hitting Pinwheel in the heads with a large sword in DS1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Illusory wall just posted this. Soothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rejwEGKOApg

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I just played SotFS on PS4, and Sunlight medal was pretty easy to get by putting down my coop sign outside fog gates. Still enough people online for Sunbro coop. Rat gang is harder.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Has anyone ever had to use a repair powder or have a weapon actually break in DS3?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I went through most of DS2 with a Claymore. R1 is sweeping, R2 is thrust, then a slash.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

All three Dark Souls takes place at the end of time at the end of the world. Time and space are broken, just listen to what Solaire goes on about.

No time passes in each zone, there's always twillight in Majula, next to midnigth in Things betwixt, and bright midday in Heide. Worlds and times warp and collide. Still no really good explanation for the elevator, but maybe the Iron Kings people just needed a way to get down to Earthen Peak that just crashed into their world.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

The Gutter is a cool area and the lighting fires mechanic is fun.

I blundered into the Gutter by testing out the cat ring by yoloing down the big hole in Majula. Suddenly it was very dark and claustrophobic and...is that a brazier?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

ZWEIHANDER :black101:

Slightly nerfed compared to DS1, but still very satisfying.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Djeser posted:

You can game DS2's systems a lot more than the other games, I think, but that experience left me really feeling like I was a hot dog dipshit with one sip of hi-c and a piece of posterboard duct taped to my arm.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

What about Bloodbourne guy? Are they an insta-sinker too?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

Also every souls thread talks about every souls game and we really should close them all and have 1.

Big agreed on this.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Be a Sunbro and become human for helping others. Save your effigies for the Darklurker sidequest.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I played on PS4 this year and had no problem getting coops and summons for bosses. For Fume Knight I rarely had to wait more than a minute or so in the evening.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I beat Fume knight with a human phantom after many many solo tries :negative:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Once I found out which landmarks to use to get to the arena, the tigers went down pretty easily with the NPCs.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Reality Protester posted:

any tips for the three graverobbers in Sunken city DLC? it seems like a huge uphill battle to do solo, and I do hardly any damage at this point (I'm a Hexer). using the npc summons and it still felt far from enough help.

I used the NPC phantoms to distract Havel and the other sword guy, and went and wailed on the archer. When the archer was dead I went for backstabbing the enemy that was distracted by fighting the phantom. Lots of running back and forth, but as long as you're not fighting two of the Gank Squad at once, it's doable.

You can check my posts, and see where I got help with the Gank Squad last year.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

I can't connect at all. Playing on ps4

Same here. Can’t believe Return to Drangleic is such a hit that it takes down the servers!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

PS4 servers still down. Get your poo poo together, Sony. :saddowns:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Dark Souls 2 is the best Fashion Souls.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I’m going for a bit of pyromancy this run. What’s most important: focusing on leveling INT/FTH or getting fire seeds and reinforcing the flame?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

The flame is more important.

Good luck getting chaos fireball

Welp, that’s not going to happen.

From what I understand you need not only win 500 duels, but you need 500 more victories than losses :negative:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

From the Fextralife wiki:

Child Emerald Herald
A child model for her appears in the game files. Matches a version found in concept art. Additionally, the game's credits lists a separate voice actor for a Child Emerald Herald.

https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Unused+Content

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

multijoe posted:

a kiddy in a souls game ..... wtf O_O

There’s the babby skeletons just before Nito’s lair.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Did everyone leave Return to Drangleic already, or is my soul memory way off somehow? I have reached Brightstone Cove, lvl 75, soul mem 630000+.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Lol, I managed to die to Creepy Magnus!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Sometimes I like to invade as the Onion of Judgement:

This owns :fyadride:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Ahem.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Shrine of Amana is terrible. Homing missile mages that aggro from across the map, while stuck in a swamp.

Not groovy.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I wanted to grab the Stone ring, so I headed back to Things betwixt, and started shooting poison arrows at the Shrek down on the beach. Forgot and the second one who punched me, rolled over and flattened me. Went back, and beach Shrek was gone. Killed the other one and no ring.

Burnt an ascetic and killed both Shreks. Still no Stone ring. I am out of luck for this cycle?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

GodFish posted:

The stone ring is on the ogre on the other side of the firekeeper hut. The path is kinda by the waterfall.

Ah, that explains it. Thanks! :tipshat:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Heide sword is a good fast lightning weapon.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I broke the Santiers Spear. Took some banging the walls while waiting for coop summons by Seath.

Not sure if it was worth it. :negative:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Probably more active if you want to do co-op or pvp.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Frigid outskirts is bad, but not that difficult if you avoid the ponies. Bring NPC friends, look for landmark, haul rear end towards landmark, when storm slows down- look for new landmark. Repeat unitl you're at Kitty Kastle and hope that Vengarl and friends didn't die.

The Pharros contraption in the little shack is kind of useless.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Vaati has that kind of podcaster voice that is really nice to have running in the background and not really pay attention to.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Ancient dragon is extremely easy if you stay between the toes on one foot, hit, run to the same place on the other foot, run back to the first foot. It gets stuck in a loop where all it does is lift its feet at you.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Sinh is one of the best bosses in the entire series.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Akuma posted:

Edit: oh I forgot to mention Maldron the Assassin is a real piece of poo poo

Either you dash down the stairs before him and hipe that he clowns off the edge and plummets to his death, or do the easy thing and pop a seed of a giant tree when he runs down the stairs.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Raylax posted:

Every time I reach the DLC of DS2, I get halfway through brume tower, die about 300 times in and around this one room, and decide it's been too long since I last rage-uninstalled a game

Haul rear end out the door and keep running for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Things that are far away are animated with just a few frames of animation, and there's an overlap with things that are snipeable.

In DS3, go look at the Blacksmith from across Firelink shrine, he looks like a stop-motion puppet!