Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Tallgeese posted:

The King's Crown becomes empowered to grant curse immunity and Life Protection forever.

Essentially, the curse is broken, because you have become the true king.

It kind of goes contrary to the game's message, but eh.

Nahh, I just wore the Ivory crown, same effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Help, I cant find the entrance door for the coop area anymore. I found it once but couldnt open it. Now I could open it, but can't find it!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Pleased to see more boss dex weapon, sad to see theyre both gimmicks!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

RBA Starblade posted:

Do I ever do anything to unthaw these chests and pharros locks or can I stop keep tracking of them?

Also it's a nice touch that because of all the wind, if you try to light your torch it will immediately go out.

Yes, something happens eventually.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Those are both weapons made from boss souls. Theyre gimmicky as hell and cant be enchanted/infused.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I really love the final boss of this area, but my god is it a horrible fight to get summoned into.
9 out of 10 people only have the initial knight you start with, making the fight almost impossible to win

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Pwnstar posted:

Dragon bone weapons usually get a huge buff at +5 compared to normal weapon progression I think?

So has anyone gotten that moonlight longsword? Majula chest is still empty for me.

Doesnt apply to dlc weapons, ivory sword maxes out at 255, you cant infuse it either with raw.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Azran posted:

How do you open the door under the altar where you get the Priestess' Eye?

Also holy poo poo the optional boss.

How do you get to the optional boss? The altar door is eventually opened if you explore the lower area enough.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Somebody please, stop the pain. Im just trying to gather souls here, but nobody does the gimmick for the boss! If you want more of an explanation...

For the final boss you have the assistance of knights, who seal the gates that NEVER STOP SPAWNING enemies. Everyone except one (ive done over 20 summons now!) only has the initial knight with you, so they can only seal 1 of 3 gates total. This makes the fight close to impossible unless you have 2 player phantoms and play very, very well.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 29, 2014

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Azran posted:

You need the Garrison Ward key. There's a spot where a golem knight and three hollows are hanging out, there's a closed door behind them. Open the door (this is on the way to the ballistas in the battlements btw, after the first knight with lance and shield you find - not the normal warriors). There's a bonfire and a coffin. Jump into the coffin.

I found a goddamn door that required 4 lit torches when the storm still raged, i tried to find this door again for like 45 minutes now, It probably has the key?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
So, Loyce souls. I got some equipment for gathering 4 or 5, got up to 10 and nothing happened, popped 2 and nothing happened either?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I gained Loyce souls from doing the final boss in coop. They can drop from the enemies, along with their armor set and weapons.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
gently caress the optional area, who thought this was a good idea? My eyes really hurt now. I can appreciate the idea but goddamn the execution.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
In other news, you need FIFTY loyce souls. Goddamnit from! All the grinding is gonna ruin everyones soul memory.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

RBA Starblade posted:

Victory Achieved! The Ivory King is a cool fight. I like how one of the dark queens decided she isn't interested too. Alsanna's okay in my book.

For what, btw? I have one.

You will get the Loyce armor set, in 3 steps (first 2 pieces at 5, not sure at the other steps because i got too curious and used CE)
At the end you will get the soul of the queen, which you can turn into a curved sword at Ornifex. The sword has S scaling with dex but bad base damage. The special effect is that you can ABSORB hp with your R2 attacks.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Its related to the final boss.
There are 3 portals that will constantly summon burned Loyce Knights. They can drop their equipment and/or a Loyce Soul on death. You can earn these drops by killing them before killing the boss or helping out in coop. The droprate isnt too good, I got like 11 in 20+ fights.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I think you could in theory just drop down with 2 or 3 knights and quit out of the fight, but its more fun in coop anyways.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Stokes posted:

Attention DLCers if you don't have at least 2 knights I'm going to black crystal out.

This, a million times. 9 out of 10 times I got summoned yesterday the players only had one knight, which is pretty much a lost cause!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

MooCowlian posted:

That loving invader just appeared behind me again. I hate that guy.

Which one? The knight? He uses chameleon to disguise himself as a barrel, why do you think there are so many barrels in that area?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Dunno, I figured the gimmick when I saw the environment. Parry/riposted him to death. Target shield 4 lyfe.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The frozen chests have nothing to do with the lovely optional area.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I'd pay for a dlc that puts him into every single area of the main game.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

cat doter posted:

No, I didn't know that stuff was in amana. I mean, why would I? I like exploring without reading faqs and stuff so I suppose it was easy to miss. I wandered around amana though and found it eventually. Now I've got all them sweet rear end crowns!

So does nobody know where the last bonfire in the final DLC is? I can't seem to find it.

Its behind the locked grate with the 3 undead prisoners and the rampart golem. You need to find the key first which is behind a door that opens when you light 4 sconces, which you couldnt do at first during the storm.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Motherfucker posted:

So anyone know what's in the chest at the center of a ring of three golems in the room with the chameleon using invader? because that poo poo is quite difficult to open and I don't wanna bother if its just a pile of silver talismans or whatever.

Iirc the Nil curved GS is in there. I managed to get pushed and glitched in the ring by another golem.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Did you free all the knights? Found the key an the optional area?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Unless there will be more dlc...

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Elana suommoned skeletons for me when Velstadt was out and summoned more skeletons even when him and 1 skeleton was left alive.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Scraping spear would be a godsend in this game.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Just CE the souls.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Just kill the jerk ringing the bell and parry the Syans, they come in waves, not all at once. PS you can also run past all of them.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Just run through you big babby.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Nobody leaves yurt alive.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The enemies in the ivory king all stagger somewhat easily. The sunken crown ones are a real pain though.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Ederick posted:

I was thinking of buying this since I no longer have a 360 and haven't played since launch. I think there's one annoying thing that may be a dealbreaker, though. I recall, at least at launch on a 360, being summoned to defeat bosses wouldn't always restore your humanity. Sometimes you'd get it back on the first try, other times it'd seemingly take a dozen or more times for it to count. I remember this made the Smelter Demon infuriating because I was bad at the game and needed all the help I could get. Was this ever fixed, or was it actually a poorly explained game mechanic?

You always get it back now.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
My solution was to buy a 16:9 display.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I did my no death run back when Lightning spear and hexes still were OP as gently caress. Easy mode caster spamming made everything a joke. The closest to dying was probably almost falling to death on the way into the gutter.